PDA

View Full Version : Keet's 2500 Dwarf List

Keetoowah
30-06-2012, 08:42
So I have been playing fantasy for a while now and I have decided to try my hand at dwarfs. I decided to go with no warmachines. OH MY GOD WHAT IS HE DOING?!? I know right? However I have faith that the list that I have written will work well. I would still like your comments and criticisms though. :P

Dwarf Lord
Shield
Rune of Cleaving
Rune of Fury
Rune of Speed
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite

Runelord
Anvil of Doom
Shield
Master Rune of Gromril
Rune of the Furnace

Runesmith
Master Rune of Balance
Rune of Spellbreaking

Runesmith
Master Rune of Spellbinding
Rune of Spellbreaking

Thane
BSB
Strollaz's Rune
Rune of Guarding
Rune of Battle

Dwarf Warriors x40
Full Command
Great Weapons

Quarellers x10
Shields

Quarellers x10
Shields

Ironbreakers x30
Full Command
Master Rune of Grungni

Slayers x20
Full Command (1 Giant Slayer)

Bigman
09-07-2012, 22:52
So I have been playing fantasy for a while now and I have decided to try my hand at dwarfs. I decided to go with no warmachines. OH MY GOD WHAT IS HE DOING?!? I know right? However I have faith that the list that I have written will work well. I would still like your comments and criticisms though. :P

Dwarf Lord
Shield
Rune of Cleaving
Rune of Fury
Rune of Speed
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite

Runelord
Anvil of Doom
Shield
Master Rune of Gromril
Rune of the Furnace

Runesmith
Master Rune of Balance
Rune of Spellbreaking

Runesmith
Master Rune of Spellbinding
Rune of Spellbreaking

Thane
BSB
Strollaz's Rune
Rune of Guarding
Rune of Battle

Dwarf Warriors x40
Full Command
Great Weapons

Quarellers x10
Shields

Quarellers x10
Shields

Ironbreakers x30
Full Command
Master Rune of Grungni

Slayers x20
Full Command (1 Giant Slayer)

I understand what your trying to do but here's a few points to help.

Overall point - you have built a Strollaz bsb, but included only one unit of 40 warriors. The quarrellers would normally sit with warmachines to attack threats...but you have no warmachines.

1. M rune of gromril - stick it on your bsb, as he will be seeing closer action. Rune of stone and resistance is enough, bearing in mind he gets a 4+ ward and technically has 5 wounds (check FAQ for anvil in 8th)

2. Without warmachines you need lots of great weapons to get the job done. Str 3/4 just ain't Killy enough. You will survive but still lose combats. I like iron breakers as an anvil though. Basically more gw units of at least 20 -25 minimum. Chuck out the quarrellers.

3. Even facing double slann you won't need an anvil and 2 runesmiths! With an anvil and balance if you fit it in you get 3 extra dispel dice in his turn PLUS one from balance, meaning you get 4 dice and he gets on less---eg even on a maximum 6-6, he gets 11 and you get 10 overall. You really don't need the runesmiths.

4. If you want a dwarf lord always go shieldbearers. 25 points for two more attacks, +2 to armour save and still LOS as well...awesome.

Basically I would drop both runesmiths, find the points for the rune lord to get balance and a spell breaker plus stone. Lord if possible get shieldbearers, if not keep him on resistane stone gw. Don't bother with spite.

Any other points, make another unit of gw warriors ( points from both runesmiths and both quarrellers).

you need more beards man!

Senor
10-07-2012, 10:11
So, to understand more...You are trying to create an attack army out of the dwarfs...without warmachines, but with beards.