PDA

View Full Version : Last man standing ...

sds661
04-05-2006, 01:06
Who dies first, the unit standard bearer or the musician?

For example ... I am attacking a unit consisting of 3 men: standard, musician and trooper. I do 2 wounds. Since the standard and musician can't be specifically targeted the trooper dies first, but who is next? Can I direct my attack now, or does the opponent choose who dies, or is there a strict order?

(Killing the standard bearer could be advantageous for CR.)

taer
04-05-2006, 06:26
The player who's models you are killing gets to decide which of his models he wants to remove.

Alco Engineer
04-05-2006, 07:02
There's also another side effect of the removal of a std. from a unit before it dies. You apparently only get the VP's for killing a std if you wipe the unit out/break them the turn that the std is alive.

A similar topic came up here:
http://www.wargamerau.com/viewtopic.php?t=17746&highlight=

Gorbad Ironclaw
04-05-2006, 07:33
With the current wording of the command group rules, your actually allowed to remove them any time you want. It's a may, not a must that you pick up musician/banner.

It's really up to the owning player to decide when they want to remove command group models.

Rikkjourd
04-05-2006, 17:52
/OT
This MAY feature of casualty removal can come in handy sometimes. I had a unit getting shot up badly once that was about to be charged (and 90%+ risk of getting destroyed). I just removed the standard bearer on the last wound they suffered from shooting, instead of the 12 or so RnF that were left. Saved me 100VPs =)
/end OT

DeathlessDraich
04-05-2006, 18:11
There's also another side effect of the removal of a std. from a unit before it dies. You apparently only get the VP's for killing a std if you wipe the unit out/break them the turn that the std is alive.

A similar topic came up here:
http://www.wargamerau.com/viewtopic.php?t=17746&highlight=

Not quite. It's in Chronicles 4 - you get the standard even if it has been removed during combat, as long as you break the unit.