PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Lizardmen List

Moss
01-07-2012, 07:45
I have a game coming up this coming weekend, and I would like help with my list and gameplan. I'm not sure what I'll be up against, but I'm most concerned about the possibility of a massed archer-refuse to get into combat with me WE list, or a VC list featuring a blender lord in a skeleton unit along with a big GW GG unit. I came up with the following:

-Slann
---mystery, rumination, becalming cogitation, BSB, Cupped Hands, Standard of Discipline
-Scar Veteran
---CO, LA, GW, VotFF, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm
-26 Temple Guard
---command, Gold Sigil Sword on champion
-30 Saurus
---command
-10 Skink Skirmishers
-10 Skink Skirmishers
-10 Skink Skirmishers
-10 Skink Skirmishers
-Salamander
---extra handler
-2 Salamanders
---extra handlers

1967pts

The plan:
place salamanders in the middle -> start placing skinks until my opponent places his most dangerous unit (I assume/hope he's going to place it off to a side, away from the salamanders) -> place my Slann/TG and saurus on the OTHER side of the board and avoid it at all costs, trying to keep it away with clever skink movement

I normally prefer to run a third saurus block, so having all of these skinks units is a little new to me. Does this sound like a legit plan? Anything I should watch out for? Should I change anything around with the list (I'm open to suggestions, though I don't have many more skinks than the ones listed)? What should I spend that last 33pts on?

Also, this plan doesn't account for the possibility of encountering the shooty WE army. In 7th edition, it was easy. Take a crapload of magic missiles on my Slann and just outshoot him from my giant immovable units. Now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Anyway, I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I lost pretty badly last time we all played, and I don't think my self esteem can handle another disaster.

EcoWarrior
01-07-2012, 12:49
personally at 2000 pts take units of 20 saurus and TG. I would go for smaller units and have more units of 7 skinks. I've allways thought 2 salamanders was enough but if 3 works for you go for it.
What exacly let you down in your last games? anything in particular ?

Moss
01-07-2012, 13:15
Against VC, I had a hard time avoiding both tough units. The GG wreck just about everything, and the blender lord single-handedly destroys even Light-buffed saurus/TG.

Against WE, there was just too much shooting. Lots of glade guard and (not familiar with the book) some lord who must have had a machine gun or something.

MOMUS
01-07-2012, 14:14
I would go heavier on the skinks, the undead will be able to outgrind your TG/saurus and against the WE they will just be shot off the board, unless you speed of light them across the board.

Here is a skink heavy list that i was going to take to a tourny:

Light slann BSB, +1PD, Soul of stone, plaque of extra spell

Scar vet, cold one, LA, charmed shield, dawnstone, burning blade

Scar vet, cold one, LA, GW, dragonhelm, amulet of Itzl, firefly venom

Priest, cube of darkness

6X10 skirmisher skinks

2X10 cohort skinks (with musicians)

2X3 terradons

2X5 camo skinks

salamander

2 salamander

1 razordon