PDA

View Full Version : Template`s

MannfredVc
01-07-2012, 22:53
Hey there,

Last night came up a question;

My opponent casts the foot of Gork and places the template for the largest part outside his frontal arc , scoring a hit, killing 12 Greatsword when there were only 3 in his frontal arc as required for a Direct damage type spell.

I thought you cant place a template out of range and inside its minimum range but couldnt find it in the rules.

Another;

My beastmen shaman casts the Amberspear magic missle (big version) on a wyvern , are both the rider and the monster hit as per template rule/canonball or do i need to randomise like shooting?

Thanks in advance!

Glen_Savet
01-07-2012, 23:17
Doesn't the amber spear fire like a bolt thrower? If yes, then it randomizes on the monster/rider. If it fires like a cannon, then yet. It's a template.

dms505
02-07-2012, 10:43
The center of the template must be in the arch. While a foot doesn't have a center hole like the others do. I'm sure with a minor bit of measuring you could find the approximate center. The hit resolved by the choice of the other player if the Foot "falls funny" wouldn't have a line of site from anything since it's basically a random mistake by a big dumb greenskin god.