PDA

View Full Version : Coming back. need some advice.

Dante blackfur
02-07-2012, 00:27
her Warseer, Ive been out of the hobby for about a year and a half now, (Last time I played a real game O&G 8th ed was just released.) So I have Daemons and Skaven, what I can tell Skaven are still the same, large blocks shooty stuff and magic. but I'm curious about my daemons, is it still worth running 1-2 hordes of Bloodletters of 50 each and maybe a couple units of flamers? I currently have bases set up for 6 wide and 5 deep, but it wouldn't be hard to ajust the movement tray. I also have a decent amount of Pink horrors, Daemonettes as well as several aemon princes and all the Greater Daemons. so I'm looking at starting back in about 2-2.5k games shoud I stick with two big blocks of BL or try expanding my Daemonettes/Pink horrors to go with a faster/heaveier magic army?

Thanks for all the help. glad to be back in the game.

bigbear bailey
03-07-2012, 07:04
yeah daemons work the same way as before man. The whole blood letter horde kills all and horrors are great magic casting ability.

bigbear bailey
03-07-2012, 07:05
Oh and make sure to watch Smackdeezys reports on youtube to help you get back into the flow, he's really good.

Brolaski
04-07-2012, 02:31
My personal suggestions would be to...
- Most definitely horde up them letters. 50 would be magnificent I think, but make sure to squeeze in a herald, in fact, just make that herald the bsb and give it the -2 leadership banner (can't think of the name right now) that banner can be invaluable.
- Flamers are magnificent. Always use them, one of the best shooty units in the game in my opinion.
- Horrors are meh in my opinion, I would just take a herald for the dispel scroll and pop him in with the flamers.
- The GUO I've heard is pretty great, stick him in a unit and tie them up for most of the game.
- If you can, make your greater demon a lvl 4 mage, magic is very important and having a lvl 4 is great for those dispels (take this with a pinch of salt, some people prefer NOT to run a lvl 4, I'm not one of those people)
- flesh hounds are also nice, fast, multiple attacks, good strength and all that jazz.
- Take a unit or two of harpies for redirecting nonsense.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, also, always go with quantity. MSU lists just don't seem to cut it in this edition, specially not in this edition.

Mati
09-07-2012, 22:57
My personal suggestions would be to...
- Most definitely horde up them letters. 50 would be magnificent I think, but make sure to squeeze in a herald, in fact, just make that herald the bsb and give it the -2 leadership banner (can't think of the name right now) that banner can be invaluable.
- Flamers are magnificent. Always use them, one of the best shooty units in the game in my opinion.
- Horrors are meh in my opinion, I would just take a herald for the dispel scroll and pop him in with the flamers.
- The GUO I've heard is pretty great, stick him in a unit and tie them up for most of the game.
- If you can, make your greater demon a lvl 4 mage, magic is very important and having a lvl 4 is great for those dispels (take this with a pinch of salt, some people prefer NOT to run a lvl 4, I'm not one of those people)
- flesh hounds are also nice, fast, multiple attacks, good strength and all that jazz.
- Take a unit or two of harpies for redirecting nonsense.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, also, always go with quantity. MSU lists just don't seem to cut it in this edition, specially not in this edition.

What he said!

Dante blackfur
08-01-2013, 20:50
can you post a link to the vids> thanks