PDA

View Full Version : Forge World rules with non Forge World models

Sarge.au
03-07-2012, 04:16
With the new rules, I am looking at converting some of my XV8 battlesuits into XV89 battlesuits, which is basically just a more armored one. Do you think playing with Forge World rules with non Forge World, but converted models is ok? Sure in friendlies at home, it is fine, but would it fly in competitive settings?

Daemonia
03-07-2012, 05:15
Is it obvious what it is? If so I'm okay with it as long as it's actually converted decently. I'm not saying it has to be a work of art by any means...just don't stick 3 Hammerheads together with duct tape and try to pass it off as a Manta at a big gaming meet :P

In your specific case of one of the fancy XV suits then certainly. Just tell me what it is, refresh me of the rules and I'm totally fine.

AlphariusOmegon20
03-07-2012, 06:52
I know a few people that have decided to use the new Ork GW flyers as the FW ones. The Dakkajet makes a good counts as for the Fighta, also the Burna-bommer makes a decent stand in for the Fighta/Bomma, and vice versa.

Capussa
03-07-2012, 07:32
I've converted some FW guard tanks and would have no issues using them at an event as they can only be that tank, so if your conversion looks close enough i don't see how anyone can complain about it