PDA

View Full Version : space marine digital codex update

tiger g
03-07-2012, 19:07
Could anyone who booght this tell us if they updated the codex with the new FAQ released for 6th edition.

tiger g
03-07-2012, 21:27
So did anyone buy the digital codex? 112 views and no answer yet.

Aryllon
03-07-2012, 21:32
I did, but I didn't pick up my iPad from UK yet. Will have it Friday.

tiger g
03-07-2012, 21:41
I did, but I didn't pick up my iPad from UK yet. Will have it Friday.

Thanks you may be one of the few who did. I will wait until after the weekend to see your response on the digital codex.

tiger g
04-07-2012, 03:12
276 views and not one person can tell us if the digital codex was updated or not. I am wondering how many they actually sold. Was going to buy if it has been updated with the FAQ

Arkostrain
04-07-2012, 03:22
No update yet but I would expect the update With the next wave of digital material.

tiger g
04-07-2012, 03:24
Thanks that what I wanted to know

AndrewGPaul
04-07-2012, 08:19
Did you email GW and ask them?

shiba yoma
04-07-2012, 09:00
I am going to buy it if it gets updated, i suspect a lot of people knowing that 6th was about to be released didnt buy it to wait and see how long the update would take, or if there is an update at all.

T10
04-07-2012, 09:30
276 views and not one person can tell us if the digital codex was updated or not. I am wondering how many they actually sold. Was going to buy if it has been updated with the FAQ

Read the title, assumed it was a post to tell us that the iBook codex had in fact been updated. Saw the post count, assumed it was all about "great news! can't wait!"

My disappointment knows no bounds.

-T10

Steinhardt
04-07-2012, 10:14
Might have considered buying it if it was a generic eBook price, and not the same or more than a physical book. Which is asking alot here in Australia. Like Black Library eBooks being on par price wise with physical copies from stores... So I just buy them for <50% from book depository >_>

senyek
04-07-2012, 10:30
It's worth remembering that releases are somewhat out of GWs control as they have to go through Apple. There could be a week or two between GW submitting an update and Apple deciding to push it out.

It's going to work out if GW are actually supporting all of this properly a lot harder.

zoggin-eck
04-07-2012, 10:35
Already said, but I'll repeat it anyway:

Ask GW.
Make the thread title a little more obvious.
Wait more than a few hours before "bumping" a thread (not something this forum puts up with anyway).
And of course, the fact that anyone posting on the itunes store is at the mercy of Apple as to when it becomes available.

Steinhardt
04-07-2012, 10:53
I'd be surprised if they had updated it. Nothing on their website is updated to 6th ed. Even the FAQs for 40k have 2011 Jan next to the link :S

tiger g
04-07-2012, 12:27
Already said, but I'll repeat it anyway:

Ask GW.
Make the thread title a little more obvious.
Wait more than a few hours before "bumping" a thread (not something this forum puts up with anyway).
And of course, the fact that anyone posting on the itunes store is at the mercy of Apple as to when it becomes available.

I think the bumping was appropriate. It was a simple question to one person with the digital copy. I was trying to find out if it was updated. Instead we found out virtually no one on this list bought the digital copy. If it was so popular someone would have been able to answer the yes or no question.

T10
04-07-2012, 12:46
You don't have to (or perhaps shouldn't) go defensive and justify your bumps (which are against the Warseer posting guidelines, which are quite explicit in this case).

Lantern
04-07-2012, 16:37
Someone asked the same question on the GW Facebook page - this was the GW Reply

Games Workshop ‎to Steve Williams - you do know we read this page. ;) At the moment the FAQs are only on our website, but they will be updated in the Digital Codex. We can't give you a specific date just yet, but as soon as it becomes available we will let everyone know through Facebook. :)

So thats it settled :D, just not immediately

tiger g
04-07-2012, 19:57
Someone asked the same question on the GW Facebook page - this was the GW Reply

Games Workshop ‎to Steve Williams - you do know we read this page. ;) At the moment the FAQs are only on our website, but they will be updated in the Digital Codex. We can't give you a specific date just yet, but as soon as it becomes available we will let everyone know
So thats it settled :D, just not immediately

Thanks for the information