PDA

View Full Version : Emperorschamp01's IG Recrutement Thread/ooc

EmperorsChamp01
04-05-2006, 15:40
Ok every one. Heres the low down. Im doing an Imperial Guard (i know theres alot of them) RPG. Ive got some Ideas on where im going to be going with this but i just havent set it in stone yet. But here is a little Background.

You are all part of the Cadian 101st Screaming Aquilas (pretty cheeze huh! lol) And your Legion is getting ready for a massive invasion of a Trator IG forgeworld. There will be alot of cityfighting just to let you all know now.

Ill be playing the role of your guys commisar. Commisar Baun.
So here is some of the Limitations of characters.
No Super characters.
No Plasma weapons
Limited ammo
No Power weapons.
Thats it!

Im pretty layed back when it comes to playing RPGs. So its ok to goof around alittle. Just as long as you stick with the mission. Accepting almost everyone. Ill check out the characters before we start.
Oh and ill let there be one sniper. First come first serve!
"may the emperor shine on us"

EmperorsChamp01
04-05-2006, 22:07
Name Commisar Baun
Birthplace: Terra
Height: 6'9"
Gear: Boltpistol with 4 full clips. Elaborite Mamaluke Power sword Commisarite Great coat and Hat

Background: Born to an Underhive family of Cog mekanics Baun became a daring adventerous youth straight out of the womb. Being the 16th out ot 20 kids there was not alot for him to eat so he would have to scavinge. Having pissed off one to many Adminatratium workers his father sent him to the local for disipline but was then takin in to one of their ranks.
Seeing this as a way to bring honor to the emperor and to his family he strived to be the best and those who where better than he was he openly fought them about it. Having a Loud Booming Voice and a hot head he is extreamly easy to **** off. Any taint of Heresy or Unrest will surely end in the Soilders Death.

(this is how i would like the Characters to be made.)

biggreengribbly
04-05-2006, 22:17
I'll post a character in at at some point, but unless you get a little more interest, there isn't much point.

(Veteran trooper with custom shotgun is the plan but we'll see who else signs up!)

One question, you say limited ammo, but for those of us that choose to use non-lasgun weaponry, will there be much chance for gaining extra ammo?

Noserenda
05-05-2006, 02:05
Why the hell not :) Ive armed the boy as you would expect to find him at the start of a battle, exactly what do you mean by limited ammo? Id expect to carry more like double this kit into an Airsoft scenario for example...

Name: Corporal Brannigan
Birthplace: Cadia
Height: 5'6
Gear: Lascarbine with 6 mags, Tarrelian Holdout Pistol with 4 Shots, Machete, Full Flak Amour, with a reinforced chest section (Non regulation) and respirator. 2 Frag Grenades.

Brannigan, being a Cadian born and bred has been fighting the enemies of the Emperor since he was a small boy, when Chaos raiders attacked the Scholarm he attended he garroted one with his Tie before Imperial Forces moved in and drove off the Renegades.

With the incident marked on his record he was quickly transferred to the 101st's Assault units and distinguished himself in the campaigns against the Tarrellian Dog Soldier mercenaries hired by the renegade govenor of Ghalak IV, especially in the closing phases of that campaign, which were a brutal street to street battle between human and alien which greatly favoured the dog faced Xenos.

He claimed a trophy from these battles in the form of an Hold out Pistol of strange design, which while hardly bigger than a cigarette lighter, packed the punch of a heavy Autopistol. He habitually keeps this up his sleeve in combat, "Just in case".

After this Brannigan was promoted to Corporal and lead his own section during the 13th Black Crusade, his squad suffering remarkably light casualties despite their often horrific duties.

Brannigan is a man you can send in to fight with the expectation that he'll come back, possibly with someones face sprayed over his Fatigues...

Khemri Daemon
05-05-2006, 05:45
Name: Trooper Vassikin
Birthplace: Jandermar
Height: 5'9"
Gear: Longlas with 6 mags, Hostec Livery autopistol with 4 clips, combat knife, flak armour, camouflage cloak

Background: Vassikin was born on the industrial world of Jandermar, a teeming hive world where the small, rich, upper class live in huge spires and lower-class citizens live in sprawling prefab communities around the towers.

Vassikin was born to a poor family and had little education, after what passed for college in the slums of the capital he enlisted in one of the two options available for his class and level of education, the Imperial Guard or the many gangs that prowled the streets. He joined the Guard, and proved to be a prodigy with a sniper rifle in his hands.

After his unit was all but decimated in the disastrous Damocles Crusade, Vassikin was sent to Taros as part of the 12th Tallarn Regiment, following the crushing defeat on Taros he was reassigned to the Cadian 101st Screaming Aquilas.

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 05:50
Biggreengribbly Yea there is going to have a lot of chances to stock up on ammo. And you will be able to search corpses too!

So the sniper position is taken and the characters look good.

Grand Warlord
05-05-2006, 14:48
Name Trooper Lufien
Birthplace: Macragge
Height: 5'10"
Gear: Lasgun with 4 Packs, Lasgun,Guard Issued Flak Armor, Full Helmet.

Background: WIP

Also could i be like the Vox man?

Edit: will edit soon

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 15:13
Grand warlord: Yea you can be the vox man but you cant have the improved las sorry thats too much like a Longlas

Darkhour
05-05-2006, 15:35
Name: Trooper Dreden
Birthplace: Verghast
Height: 5'8"
Gear: LasCarbine 4 mags, Laspistol 2 clips, Flak Vest, 2 Grenades, and Custamized Combat Knife.

Background: Born to a Minner family on the hive world Verghast. During a civil war between the hives he had helped the Imperial Gaurd out alot by doin lots of runs between lines while the vox was down. Someone up high saw how well he did and inducted him into one of the stationed Gaurd Units.

During a cursade his Gaurd unit was one of the first to drop into a Hot LZ controled by Orcs. The Fighting was brutal due to the fact that his platoon was blown of course from the man Unit. So his talents of running and hiding came into great play. Yet of the course of the fight his unit to Heavy losses, so heavy to the point where they disband it completely. Thus Dreden was inducted into the Cadian 101st Screaming Aquilas, as one of the scouts.

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 15:38
Looks good there darkhour

Ill probabally let 4 more people in and well get started

biggreengribbly
05-05-2006, 15:40
Name: Private first class Valerian.
Height: 6'1"
Gear: Farodian Triple barelled shotgun fully loaded with an ammo belt of 25 rounds, 2 krak grenades, long knife, red greatcoat.

Background:
A living legend amongst the men of the 101st, PFC Victor Valerian has served on more battlefields than many guardsmen will see in a lifetime! Victor spent many years in the service of the Ordo Hereticus, before being released to return to service with the 101st. It was during his years of service to the Inquisition he acquired his weapon of choice, a triple barrelled shotgun he took from a high ranking member of a Farodian hive gang. Over time he picked up many things, he now eschews the standard pattern Cadian helmet and shoulder pads in favour of the mobility and freedom not wearing them brings.

A veteran of great skill, Victor constantly walks a line between receiving medals for for bravery and service to the Emperor and being shot for insolence and insubordination. He is a highly opinionated warrior who has his own ideas of how to achieve goals and will follow them. This often leads him into conflict with officers, and if it were not for his great fighting skills he would have been executed long ago.

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 15:42
Great BGG: This is going to make my commisar job fun!

biggreengribbly
05-05-2006, 19:47
Yep. I just better remember to earn my keep or you'll probably have no qualms in putting a bolter round in my face!

Noserenda
05-05-2006, 20:37
On a side note, we really need more Cadians in this Cadian Regiment... So far we're under 50% :wtf: C'mon kids, Cadians are cool :angel:

biggreengribbly
05-05-2006, 21:11
Yeah, I'd noticed the low count of cadians too. But then, not everyone wants to look like a spaceballs reject with a lasgun! In theory, Cadians are cool. In plastic/metal Cadians are naff. In classic metal, Cadians are cool, but that isn't really a discussion for an RP thread.

We're a Cadian regiment. So let's be at least from a planet within the same SECTOR as Cadia huh guys?

Also, does our Commissar hold a command rank or are we hoping for someone to sign up with an officer of some sort

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 23:01
Im goign to be holding the highest rank. Or i might make an NPC and Officer
Im not really sure right now. Ill get back to you.
And on the subject of the Cadian thing. Well it dont really matter what kind we are.

biggreengribbly
05-05-2006, 23:16
Are we actually going to wait for three more people or is there going to be some point in time when you're going to put your foot down, say screw it and get started amd let any stragglers join in later?

Damn, I'm just full of questions today ain't I!

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 23:19
yea you are and if you guys want to start now we can ans let stragglers join later.

Just give me one second to type up the IC thread

Xavier
05-05-2006, 23:21
Im in I think, but the character im planning on might not fit in the restrictions

biggreengribbly
05-05-2006, 23:26
Lol, then change the character? :D

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 23:43
Yea just post him and if i disaprove then i just have you tweak him. And the IC is up but i just need you guys to come in and sit down and talk get aquainted trade warstories. I just need alittle time to get the first mission planned.

biggreengribbly
05-05-2006, 23:46
Don't worry about an absence of IC post by me till most of the others post, I deliberately intend Victor to show up late!

EmperorsChamp01
05-05-2006, 23:47
Yea i was pretty sure you where going to do that anyways! lol

Kommisar Sergei
06-05-2006, 02:09
Name: Staff Sergeant Curtis Kalonen
Height: 5'7"
Gear: Flamer, Respirator, Goggles, Flak armor, autopistol, and his everpresent cigars
Background: Curtis is the quiet type. The kind of man who can look you in the eye and make you sweat bullets. The kind of man who stands alone in a crowd. He's always sitting alone by himself, checking the fuel gages on his flamer, humming to it," Daddy's gonna take care of you, you'll be alright..." Many question his sanity, and they'd be right. He lost his wife and two daughters in a Chaos raid near one of the outposts, and now he has nothing left to live for. Some say he was corrupted that day he found out; others say he was blessed by the Emperor to not have been. Either way, this man has icewater in his veins.

Laudren
06-05-2006, 08:41
Name: Trooper valar
Height: 6ft
Gear:Lasgun, autopistol, combate knife, flak armor, 2 frag grenades
Background: Though he has not been fighting as long as some Valar has seen enough action to be a grizzaled vet. He has learned how to opperate more like a scout then the more common cannon foder trooper. Valar only cares about the men in his squad that he is scouting for and will go out of his way to protect them in and out of combat.

EmperorsChamp01
06-05-2006, 13:07
Looking good guys. Go ahead and post in the IC thread here soon. So we can git this party started

Helicon_One
06-05-2006, 18:20
Well, Halls Of Madness seems to have quietly passed away, so if its alright with you folks I'll get something put together and join in.

Once my character's up, I'll wait for EC to give me a nod before I post IC, though. Just one question: are the 101st some best-of-the-best elite veteran arsekickers, particularly, or about the same level as the rest of Cadia's forces (that being still some way above normal guard, of course)? This might influence the way I write a character up.

Edit: ok, here's a quicky. May elaborate as things go on:

Marco Istani
6', 20 years old
Lasrifle, frag grenades, flak armour and helmet.

Recently transferred to the 101st Cadians after exemplary service in the 40th Regiment garrisoning the Belsar research worlds, Istani was something of a prodigy, passing through the Cadian Whiteshields with distinctions and commendations. He's eager and pious - carries two copies of the Uplifting Primer with him - and utterly devoted to carrying out the Emperor's work.

Tim

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 18:26
Yeah, the death of Halls of madness is a major suck. (Still, maybe I can salvage Tabitha and use her somewhere else,) I seem to be the RP killer lol. I joined the Metal gear RP. It died. I joined halls of madness. It died. I joined Desperate times. Not died..yet. Welcome aboard man!

But whatever you do, do it quickly. I want to turn up to the IC meeting late, but I'm getting impatient and want to get RPing lol!

EmperorsChamp01
06-05-2006, 21:11
Yea Helicon we are pretty much the best of the best. And welcome aboard

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 21:15
Hmmm. Does that make me the best of the best of the best then lol

EmperorsChamp01
06-05-2006, 21:16
Nope im sorry . That would be me! lol

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 21:21
Heh, this could lead to some interesting RPing :D

nah, it's not. You're just gonna shoot me on sight!

EmperorsChamp01
06-05-2006, 21:22
Yea if you already read the IC im just about to do it already! lol I might go on a power trip but to me thats how a commisar should act. Am I right?

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 21:41
Yeah, that it is. RPing Victor like I described him while in the same group as a trigger happy commissar. I guess we're just going to have to earn each others respect and fast lol

Kommisar Sergei
06-05-2006, 21:42
Gribb, you will be lucky if you survive within the first 20 posts. Trust me.

EmperorsChamp01
06-05-2006, 21:42
Yea well its good to see that you finally wanted to post on the IC thread. LOL just kidding

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 21:45
I do want to start ICing, but I also want Victor to be late, so everyone else has to post first

Kommisar Sergei
06-05-2006, 21:54
Well, I'm starting whenever Emperorschamp starts.

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 22:12
Right, everyone bar Xavier and Helicon have posted now. But they haven't posted characters yet. So do I wait for them just in case or just move on and let them catch up if they are still interested?

Helicon_One
06-05-2006, 22:17
Don't let me hold you guys up, please!

I'll post my character soon, and find a convenient moment to slot into the IC thread without causing too much disruption to the others.

Tim

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 22:21
Nah, you're not disrupting anything. I'm just an impatient git who wants to get started, but wanted to be last into the room. I'll wait!

Helicon_One
06-05-2006, 22:44
Fashionably late, I see?

Suppose I'd better get on with my first post then!

Tim

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 23:32
Well, more like intolerably cocky prick late!

And yes you should! Work slave minion!

biggreengribbly
07-05-2006, 00:35
Erm, I just made my IC post, but I may have jumped the gun a little. Did you want a little more meeting and greeting before the briefing?

EmperorsChamp01
07-05-2006, 08:28
yea i would like you to get to know eachother before the breif.

biggreengribbly
07-05-2006, 13:26
Whoops, sorry about that *sheepish

Kommisar Sergei
08-05-2006, 03:03
Dang it, Emperorschamp, get your **** moving! I want to RP, not just sit on my **** all damn day! GO!

biggreengribbly
08-05-2006, 03:10
Hey sergei, cool down. No need to get cross because not everyone can stare at forums for hours a day like you or I.

But to be honest, yeah. We're not really mingling here Emperorschamp. Just get the briefing going. I'll get these guys talking, even if it's just to mutter 'hey, isn't that victor guy an intolerable prick' :D

Kommisar Sergei
08-05-2006, 03:56
HAHAHA! Good point Gribbs. One of the benefits of being a student means I get to sit at a desk all day with my laptop, so I get to post a bunch on WarSeer. BTW, Gribbs, if I can, I MIGHT have enough money to get a Wolfhound titan after I rebuild, I may send it to you.

biggreengribbly
08-05-2006, 04:01
Erm.... maybe it's just my sleep addled brain (drawing my 40th picture of spiderman and a new york skyline at 4am ...don't ask) but WHY would you send me a warhound? Not that I'm complaining or anything

Kommisar Sergei
08-05-2006, 04:09
I would send you a Warhound just for the hell of it. Because I can... That's why.

biggreengribbly
08-05-2006, 04:15
With friends like you, who needs........friends?
Just as long as it's the original warhound not the jackal or the stupid mars one :D

erm, we've kinda wandered MEGA off topic man :evilgrin:

Kommisar Sergei
08-05-2006, 04:26
Yeah. Which version of the FW Warhound are we talking about? Lucius Wolf pattern?

biggreengribbly
08-05-2006, 04:33
Well, if that means it's not the jackal, and it's not the Mars pattern, and I think it does then yeah. That's the one*

*may contain traces of sarcasm

EmperorsChamp01
08-05-2006, 07:13
Sorry guys that i havent been posting. Ive been at skool and since i live in Japan we arent really on the same time schedual. well ill post the breafing here soon

EmperorsChamp01
08-05-2006, 11:20
There the breif is up but ill be adding more to it later. Feel free to talk to one another. You are all pretty much able to leave but just stay in the vicinity. You can go to the Aux. Hanger bay because thats where we will be training. You can also go to your rooms or the armory or the Apothacaraion or the General store where you can buy just about anything. Ill post on here when you need to get your characters back to the breifing room.

EmperorsChamp01
10-05-2006, 21:17
After i Breif you guys personally im going to fastforward the game to when we hit orbit allright?

biggreengribbly
10-05-2006, 21:34
Makes sense, go for it!

EmperorsChamp01
10-05-2006, 21:37
well you guys need to hurry up and git to the room so i can brief!!! just kidding

biggreengribbly
10-05-2006, 21:46
Hey, I already came in and asked you a question. I'm trying to give you excuses to hate Victor, but your not going for it. I mean c'mon, I turn up in the middle of a briefing, practically give the command staff the finger, then go into a corner, tell the rest of the squad a joke, then light up a cigarette.

EmperorsChamp01
10-05-2006, 21:48
Oh just wait untill we git into combat! Ill find you Wanting Salvation! lol

biggreengribbly
10-05-2006, 23:56
That's better, but young man? He's 47! I know you're still older than him but young man?

(sorry for being such a bitchy guy btw)

EmperorsChamp01
11-05-2006, 06:58
Really i guess i never really looked at your age sorry :P

biggreengribbly
11-05-2006, 15:39
Questions? lol. Fighting the urge to say 'How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit' :D

EmperorsChamp01
11-05-2006, 21:24
Through Death why?

biggreengribbly
12-05-2006, 00:00
Ooooh, that's a nice comeback. You're definitely Commissar material!

(Prepares to mock anyone who didn't get the 'Aliens' Quote)

Kommisar Sergei
12-05-2006, 00:43
Actually, I think it's a 'Platoon' quote.

Laudren
12-05-2006, 18:29
I remember it from Aliens

biggreengribbly
12-05-2006, 21:04
I hope so. Because I ain't ever seen Platoon, and I don't think I'd make a line like that up!

Kommisar Sergei
12-05-2006, 23:09
Yeah, I just watched Platoon last night, it's in there.

biggreengribbly
12-05-2006, 23:43
Wow. A double quote.

Question. Which came first?

Kommisar Sergei
12-05-2006, 23:53
PLatoon. I know it did.

biggreengribbly
13-05-2006, 00:10
Lol, I just checked google at high speed search fu and they actually apparently came out the same year!

(Wow, we are the masters of OT ain't we sergei mate!)

Kommisar Sergei
13-05-2006, 01:08
Yup, we are, lol. Great big barrel of monkeys, we are. That doesn't sound right...

Lt. Co Steel
13-05-2006, 15:30
*Puff, pant*
is it too late to join this RPG? i've read the screaming aqulias thread and it looks the wrong time for me to be introduced, but i could turn up after planetfall as a member of the pdf or something. i'll post my charecer if you agree. it looks great so far.

biggreengribbly
13-05-2006, 17:04
Hmm. Maybe to save time waiting for two responses, put a character down and see what Emperorschamp says. Personally I got no problems with an extra chunk of meat to put between me and the enemy :evilgrin: and I don't think anyone else would mind!

Lt. Co Steel
13-05-2006, 18:37
Name: Sergeant Diesel
Height: 6'3
Gear: hellgun with 6 mags, Cavalry Sabre, auto pistol, Carapace Amour, a Melta-bomb and a Green Beret with ceremonial plume

Background: Like most soldiers from Cadia, Diesel was brought up from birth to be the best that the emperor had to offer. Quickly signaled out for his expertise as a sharpshooter and his loyalty to the emperor, he was recruited into the Scholarm Progenium. He passed through with full honors, eventually joining the 95th Kasakin Reg by the age of 20. Since then he has fought for the most part in the eastern sector against the Tau and Orks. His Regiment are famous for the ceremonial headgear that they wear, and generally frown on those who used helmets. Diesel always wears his beret except when grav chuting, or some other situation in which it would be unwise too.

I dont mind changing his fluff to suit the game, so feel free to alter him at your wim.

Kommisar Sergei
13-05-2006, 19:13
KATANA? WTF? You do realize that Cadia is modeled on BRITAIN! That means, if anything for an officer's sword, he'd have a sabre. Just say that he's a stormtrooper, and cut the extra crap you posted.

Lt. Co Steel
13-05-2006, 19:20
The Katana was just meant to be something that he looted from a battle somewere, and what do you mean by extra crap?!, its just a look back at his roots,just trying to be caractuful, sorry;)

biggreengribbly
13-05-2006, 19:31
Wow Sergei. That was HARSH man. Your character calls his Flamer MATHILDA, and you're complaining that a stormtrooper sergeant has 'acquired' a weapon best described as a Katana.
I'm not trying to bust your balls sergei but cool off man!

There's nothing wrong with the backstory there Steel. I think Sergei was complaining about the extra equipment. But I don't see any problems with any of it.

Kommisar Sergei
13-05-2006, 20:08
You know, I was being sarcastic. But seriously, he has WAY too much stuff. Normally, from my experience in long range reconnaisance and such, you travel light. Now way in hell would he be able to move quickly and quietly with the extra gear. Now, I know what you are thinking, I've got a flamer and an extra pack, plus some extra gear. The only difference is that my character has only one real weapon, plus a backup. The rest of the stuff is light, so he can move with relative ease.
Remember, this is a Necromunda-esque RP. That means moving quickly and quietly. Now that doesn't take into account the presence of armored units, where we might NEED a meltabomb, but we are most likely going to be facing off against cultist rabble.
I just think logistically, the extra stuff he has is not viable for a stealth mission. Who needs heavy armor when you are most likely facing angry flashlights? That's why I picked the flamer, it's great against soft targets. And with a max weight of 20lbs., it's feasible for a light mission. One of the joys of living in the countryside is that I actually have a flamethrower (I use it to burn weeds and beehives), so I'm familiar with the weapon, and I'd expect a military model to be not only more durable, but also lighter.

biggreengribbly
13-05-2006, 20:14
Don't take me overly seriously, but whuh? Carapace armour, main weapon, backup weapon (no extra ammo for it), and a melta bomb. And he's traded in his standard knife for a katana. And THIS is overequipped for a man who's part of a team being sent to recover an artefact that once belonged to the EMPEROR? I don't think so man. If anything some of us (myself included) are Underequipped!

Kommisar Sergei
13-05-2006, 20:29
Dude, I have a lot of experience in this kind of thing. My friends and I are ROTC nuts, so we tend to play a lot of elaborate practical jokes on the Captain. Usually, we wait until they are out on a wargame of some kind, sneak in, and totally screw them over with lightning raids. Kinda funny, seeing these 6'4" guys just stand around stupidly as we strafe them with paintballs. Now, to get as close as we do, we have to minimize the kind of gear we take, and it usually comes up to 30lbs. We preferr underequipped as a rule, because if it wasn't necessary, or the odds of us using it was near nil, we didn't need it.
And although the average Marine carries 75+ lbs. into a combat zone, the average R.E.C.O.N. boyos carry 45. Why? Because mobility is the ultimate decider in a hostile environment. Sure, you can be a bulletproof tank, but if you need to bend over to tie your boots and fall over, you are ********!
Carapace armor is just that: Heavy and Bulky. If you've noticed, not only does it cost more in game terms, but from the fluff, it's a lot heavier so troops tend to dislike it.

Lt. Co Steel
13-05-2006, 20:31
Wow! didn't mean to stir things up like this, like i said in my profile, i don't mind changing. although, Kasakin do generally carry out stealth missions (seeing that they are an elite unit), also i mentioned that it would make things easier if i was already on the planet assiting the pdf, hence i would not most probley not be expecting a slealthy mission. sorry about stiring things up again:( .

biggreengribbly
13-05-2006, 20:39
Ah don't be sorry, I'm just an arguementative prick who likes to allow people to choose what they want as long as there not REALLY stupid. Like if a player wanted a plasma cannon or something mad. But I can't stand up to this Sergei. I'm just a lazy student bum who's limit of military experirence is playing timesplitters 3 :D. Really our arguement is irrelevant as its Emp'schamp's call anyway!

Kommisar Sergei
13-05-2006, 20:39
Well, Kasrkin are also a hell of a lot more expensive. They have the armor to back up their weapons, and are fairly mobile, but in comparison, the Elysians are the real commandos. They all have flak armor, unlike the Kasrkin carapace, so that gives them mobility, and they go light on the weapon loadouts in comparison.
P.S. The real reason why I was pissed is because nobody, unless they have a real katana and a longsword, knows that a European style sword is just as good as the concave blades of Japan. And yes, a katana is generally lighter due to the folding of the steel, it also is not nearly as good for cutting through armor. The samurai would wear lacquered bamboo armor, not the heavy steel plate of the knight.
Most of the reason why I dislike the katana is because of the BS mythos behind it, and people saying that they can cut through armor like butter. True, it can go through BAMBOO like butter, but steel? Hell no. It just doesn't.
EDIT: True, Gribbs, it doesn't really matter. We are just pricks with... pricks.

Lt. Co Steel
13-05-2006, 20:47
fair point, but the katana does look and sound cool. i agree with your point about east meets west, but has there really been a conflict where samurai blades have fought against full platemail?

Kommisar Sergei
13-05-2006, 20:52
Actually, there have been a few lab tests comparing the effectiveness of Japanese and European swords versus their opposing armors, and plate steel holds up a hell of a lot better against a katana than bamboo versus a longsword. Might I suggest you just change it to a cavalry sabre, since it is strong, has the curved look of a katana, and is also a hell of a lot more explainable than a battlefield trophy. I mean, what Commisar would let you wield a xenos weapon? The Eldar are the only people I know of who use katanas, or that style of sword.

biggreengribbly
13-05-2006, 20:54
Yeah. Katana's are THE most overused and over-hyped weapons ever. I have very little knowledge of history, weapons etc. But I have to agree with Sergei. Katana's have their uses, they are cool, but so are broadswords, and other european blades. Lets see some love not pointed at Japan. Something doesn't have to be Japanese to be cool!

*turns off rant about anime and katanas and japan in general and waits for Empieschampy to get on.

*curses me and sergeis OT skills.

Lt. Co Steel
13-05-2006, 21:05
I suppose a stormtropper who strongly follows the imperial creed would use an imperial weapon. very well, you win, i'll update my profile to say that he has a rough rider Sabre. the only problem is that the first image to spring to mind when reading my bio is the kasakin sergeant model. Diesel kind of loses some of his uniqueness.

all this and i don't even know if i'll be allowed to join

EmperorsChamp01
14-05-2006, 09:20
Yea Steel you can join. Sorry guys that i havent posted in a while but I had prom last nite and you guys know how prom is right?? :P. Well Steel your character is good and I hope you have fun in here. But you had better be willing to Ditch some of your Sheite when the time comes ok?

Lt. Co Steel
14-05-2006, 12:52
Just waiting for your nod to post then, like i said, i don't mind changing my profile.

Noserenda
15-05-2006, 00:01
Sabres are infinately cooler than Katanas... My personal opinion anyhow. And Sergei is right about the swords, the European knight was far better equipped than eqivalent Samurai, mostly due to the European mastery of military technology even back then.

As for Brannigans blagging, If you decide its OTT Emperors Champ, send me a PM about it, and ill have Brannigan suffer some nasty surprise when he fires the pistols :chrome: Misfires FTL!

Khemri Daemon
15-05-2006, 01:10
Wow Noserenda, that last post was something, I don't think I've ever seen that many Red vs Blue references in one place.

biggreengribbly
15-05-2006, 01:17
Whuh? He used the name Church. That was the only Red vs Blue reference I noticed. If you want to see some real referncing, head over to the desparate times marine RP and see how many DBZ influencing there is in around page 4 I think it was, with the fight between my character and an Incubi!

Khemri Daemon
15-05-2006, 02:36
"C'Mon! I got the paperwork right here!" Brannigan waved a piece of paper in front of the supply officer, who, in the practiced manner of all Administratum officals was proving less than co-operative.

"See! Signed off MIA! The pistol was offically lost to enemy action on Cadia, ive just been filling in forms so long!" With a long suffering sigh the clerk decided anough paper had been signed and reached behind him for a release form for a new Mars Pattern Laspistol. Within the hour it lay in Brannigans grasp.

Heading back to his bunkroom he slung the new weapon onto his webbing before fishing his original service pistol out from under his matress.

"New Toy Corp?" came a snigger from over the room, PFC Church he guessed.
"Hell yeah boyo, reloading gets ya killed son, you know that..." he put up a warning figure as someone from another squad passed through, they werent as old as Church and Brannigan, they wouldnt undertand.

"Yeah, so theyve signed me up for another death tour..." Brannigan sighed and started hauling his armour on over his fatigues.

"Still worth it?" Questioned Church. Causing Brannigan to pause and think back to a long time ago...

"Oh yes" he said with a grin "Oh yes indeed..."

Adjusting the ceramite plate he'd added to the front of his flak vest since that Tarrellian had tried to gut him he mimed a thrusting action with his hips as he slid a photo of Captain O'Malley and his Daughter behind it, his lucky talisman.

Church grinned too and hopped over to check Brannigans Mags for hi as he slid them into his webbing, an old ritual between them that had stopped a fair few duff loadouts.

Brannigan pulled on the webbing, adjusted the machete across his back to sit more comfortably on the Respirator pouch and slung the new pistol into a holster cunningly disguised as a utility pouch. Checking his holdout he playfully punched Church in the shoulder before sticking his helmet on his head, strap loose, and slinging his carbine across his chest, its smooth grey paint job dulled with bootpolish.

"Cya in the next life cockfag!" laughed Church as Brannigan strode out the door. "And next time try not to knock up the CO's Daughter!"

Checking his grenade straps, Brannigan quickly flipped Church off before grinning and striding down to the landing bay. The fun was just beginning...
The words in bold are the Red vs Blue references

biggreengribbly
15-05-2006, 02:40
Hmmm... nope, don't remember 'Cockfag' being used. '*bite' maybe even '*bag' but I can't remember that one. And I've seen every episode and most of the PSA's!

Noserenda
15-05-2006, 04:02
:angel:

Interestingly enough, half right ;) Ive not watched RvB in a year or so, but our Airsoft unit is mostly named after characters from RvB, O'Malley currently being an LT got a promotion

Cockfag is a good all around insult in our local circle, notably "Surprise Cockfags!" from Team America, which I say far too often and in fact now have on a tshirt.

So really im referencing my Airsoft buddies (Team Australia FTW) which unintentionally references RvB :wtf: Which id forgotten about, and i might go download, ive got a better connection nowadays...

Incidentaly Brannigan is based off my current airsoft character, ish, he isnt Australian but he is a raving loon :evilgrin:

EmperorsChamp01
15-05-2006, 13:12
Ok well Lets RPG fellas and not just jab on here all day!

Helicon_One
16-05-2006, 21:42
Random thought:

What's the date? Are we in 40Ks 'present day' (that is, the year 40,999 and reeling from the 13th Black Crusade) or earlier? Considering the state that Cadia is in after Abaddon's latest field trip, if we're at the end of the 40K timeline it might be something that's going to be on the minds of a bunch of Cadians, so I might work in the odd reference to it if so. (OTOH, if its 40,999 why aren't we defending the homeworld?)

Tim

EmperorsChamp01
16-05-2006, 21:45
Hmmm thats a good question. I would have to say. We are a few years befor the EOT campagin. That way i would make since that we need this Artifact for the Defence of the Cadian Gate.

Is that what you where asking about.

EmperorsChamp01
17-05-2006, 09:01
Ok guys if you could go ahead and post your entry to the ship that would be apprecated. Cuz you are holding us up. BGG i mean you lol!

biggreengribbly
17-05-2006, 11:03
Sorry mate. Been a bit hectic with uni work over the last few days! I'll be right over!

EmperorsChamp01
17-05-2006, 21:09
Ok nice. well probabally get going here soon

EmperorsChamp01
20-05-2006, 21:28
ok guys were on the planets surface. Lets not let the RPG Die!

Darkhour
28-05-2006, 15:05
HMM did this rpg like die or something?!?!?!?

Gutta
04-06-2006, 12:18
If this isn't dead, can I enter a character?

Heres who he'll be if its not dead.

Name: Johnny Bull
Height: 6'10"
Gear: Great Axe, Musket (you can have them in =I=), Bag of Musket Balls, Gun Powder, Bayonet (sword bayonet to be precise).
NOTE- While in the field he prefers to not wear a shirt or cover his torso. He is known to wear furs of skins of particularly large and powerful kills

Background: The son of a chieftian in an old anti-technology tribe, one of the only ones surviving on Cadia. After it was wiped out by Chaos Cultists, he joined the Screaming Aquila's, but kept his unusual weapons. Early on he recieved 50 lashes by order of Commissar Baun, for apparently stealing from the officer's pantry. He has now sworn to take his vengeance against the harsh disciplinarian. He is generally an outcast, but in battle he behaves like a berserker, engaging the enemy so that his fellows my escape.