PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch army, With CSM allies?

Merellin
04-07-2012, 16:02
So I was thinking and had this idea of creating a Tzeentch army, Maybe with a bit of Slaanesh thrown in, but primarily Tzeentch. With Chaos Space Marine allies, that is Thousand Sons primarily. Would this be a good army? I'm considering getting both books and trying to write up a army list to build, but currently I dont realy know anything about CSM or CD..

Tebrey
04-07-2012, 16:23
My advice would be to start collecting and painting the models, but wait for the new CSM book next month. The models are great and very fun to paint. I have three thoudns points in each right now and plan to buy more when the new book comes out.

As to how effective it is...well. It is expensive point-wise and has a few flaws, mainly melee. Daemons don't benefit from the new psionics rules, but they don't suffer either. Thousand Sons do benefit, and should be scary with lots of psykers on the field.

Mojaco
04-07-2012, 21:45
It's a pretty obvious and fun alliance. Fluffy and perhaps even good, as the focus may sway towards more infantry (which both flavours of Tzeentch are good against).

Fateweaver is awesome. I used him as a count as Magnus in Apoc already (many psychic power that can't be stopped + running away when things get too hot + boosting his army instead of rocking on a personal level = all win and all Magnus), and will do so in regular 40k from now on.

Guyver 3
04-07-2012, 23:04
Terminators with mark of tzeentch and a couple of squads of tsons rubrics will be hard to shift and pretty deadly especially near fateweaver. Add that to flamers and its an ap3 nightmare!

Daedalus81
05-07-2012, 03:03
Yea I can't wait. I'm going to run CSM with Daemon allies...Ahriman and Blue Scribes instead of using Fateweaver. I think FW will be a huge target - especially for those fliers.