PDA

View Full Version : First time VC in 8th. Please rate my list. 2400 pts - Comp

doogz
05-07-2012, 11:57
Ok, after reading the tactica and having one game I really like this list. It is probably similar to a few peoples out there but I love the mobility it provides!

Inf Blenders
Vamp Lord - Hvy arm, shield, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Pres, Ogre Blade, Red Fury, Quickblood, Barded Nightmare, Lvl 4

Vamp - Hvy Arm, Sword of might, Ench shield, dawnstone, red fury (1+ rerollable FTW), Barded Nightmare

33 Ghouls - Ghast
26 Zombies - Std, Muso
26 Zombies - Std, Muso
26 Zombies - Std, Muso

3 x 1 Spirit Hosts
2 x 2 Fell Bats

3 Vargheists (very good for their points, plus I don't need to have the general near them)
10 Black Knights, all upgrades, banner of eternal flame.
Terrorgheist
Varghulf

Very fast, excellant combat, good magic, good redirectors.

doogz
07-07-2012, 02:36
Why no love in the responses? Is the last that bad, good or indifferent?

Lance Tankmen
07-07-2012, 02:54
whats your setup? whos going where? and what are you hoping for?

Moss
07-07-2012, 04:01
I'm sure competetive players will rip it apart because there are no GG, but I happen to like this a lot. Looks like a lot of fun to play with/against. It also seems to have everything you could want/need in a list (tarpit blocks, heavy hitters, magic, WM hunters, etc).

I realize I'm not being very helpful or constructive; I'm mostly posting for moral support.

GW2lag
07-07-2012, 04:18
GG are not needed in a VC list, at all. Actually some people think they're bad or a waste. I think your list looks quite fun and enjoyable to face off with, and I agree with Moss in that it has everything it needs. On paper, this looks pretty good, though that is in my opinion, which isn't much considering my limited experience with VC.

m1acca1551
07-07-2012, 20:00
Gg arent needed, they are generally taken for that reliabilty factor... they are the best ground troops we have. Necro horde lists take them due as they need extra hitting power in cc as the lack of vamp lord can cripple yiur army.

interesting take on your blender lord, i find the sword of bloodshed is better.

8 ws7 arracks @ s5 re-rolling on failed to hits, with fury re-rolls to kill make him on average killing 10 core troops a turn. You can make him nastier as my mates chaos knights found out when i popped the potion of strength for +3S makin 8 s8 attacks = 1 unit of 10 chaos knights very very dead...

the potion is great for when you walk into high armour value or very tough units, monsters etc.

Mikael.K
09-07-2012, 08:43
That is indeed an intresting list you have there, a bit similar to what I run myself. You have a level 4 master necro, I have a mounted BSB to make that bus even tougher. A few more black knights would be nice, 10-14 is a popular number.

It´s a competative list as far as I can see. Whether the level 4 death is worth it, you´ll see when you playtest the list. Otherwise you could just go with the vamp lore. Another 10 ghouls would be nice aswell.

Askari
10-07-2012, 09:12
interesting take on your blender lord, i find the sword of bloodshed is better.

Well you're wrong. This isn't even an opinion, but by taking that sword you can't have a 4+ Ward save. Which is really bad for a 500pt Vampire General. You also struggle against anything with better than 5+ armour.

Sword of Strife you can make an argument for, as it's much cheaper and you can afford that Potion of Strength for the difference. But unless you play purely Elves and Skaven (as I used to) the bonus to Strength is better, your army doesn't need any help mowing down State Troopers after all.

As to the list: I think you'd overall be better investing that Master Necro's points into Wizard Level for the Vampire Lord + bunch of other stuff such as 4 more Black Knights. The general impression I have, from lengthy discussions on the Tactica thread, is that you want either Black Knights OR Grave Guard. You've filled one of that quota so you should be able to manage.

doogz
15-07-2012, 02:20
I have updated the list with the new version of my list

Kayosiv
15-07-2012, 09:12
One of those units of zombies should be 2 units of dogs instead. Your lord is going to be off with a fast black knight bus away from your zombies. You need fast and expendable things outside of your general's march bubble.