PDA

View Full Version : Dkok, halp!

Thrillhouse
05-07-2012, 14:54
Hey,
With the new allies rules I can finally afford to buy me some death korps of krieg and also be able to use them. But I need some advice and info that google couldnt help me with.
- there are 3 published army list variants arent there? Can I use any of them or only the one published as pdf on forgeworlds site?
- Are they all viable with 6th or is one preferred?
- In broad strokes, whats the difference between them?
- would it be bad to use the standard IG codex instead?

I was thinking of starting with:
Hq: quartermaster and retinue
Troops: command squad, 4 infantry squads, 1-2 weapon squads of 3 each ( stubber and lascanon)
1 unit of grenadiers
1 tank (prolly leman russ)

What do you think? My main force is minotaurs space marines and i havent played a game since 3rd edition.

Col. Dash
05-07-2012, 15:18
The most recent which you have to use for a normal list is on the FW website and is the only legal list as it is the most recent. There is an Armored Company List somewhere in one of the books but that isnt what you seem to be looking for.

Personally I would skip the Grenadiers and get an Engineer Squad with a Hades drill. It would be a fun flavorful unit and just one or two arent too OP. Plus with destructable terrain you might find it useful.

Vaktathi
05-07-2012, 15:25
Hey,
- there are 3 published army list variants arent there? Can I use any of them or only the one published as pdf on forgeworlds site? Really there are 2, one for a siege regiment and one for a DKoK specific armored battlegroup, the former being available on FW's website as a PDF.

- Are they all viable with 6th or is one preferred? You'll probably have more luck with the Siege regiment infantry list.

- In broad strokes, whats the difference between them? One is built around lots of infantry and Artillery unit types, the other is built around Leman Russ tanks.

would it be bad to use the standard IG codex instead? Not at all.

Troops: command squad, 4 infantry squads, 1-2 weapon squads of 3 each ( stubber and lascanon)
1 unit of grenadiers

What do you think? My main force is minotaurs space marines and i havent played a game since 3rd edition.Sounds fine really.

grimnar1031
05-07-2012, 15:26
What do you think? My main force is minotaurs space marines and i havent played a game since 3rd edition.[/QUOTE]

6th ed is quite similar to 3rd ed so its a good time to come back to the hobby, engineers and haydes drill are fabulous but quite expensive(Ģ):-( but russes are very surviable wit 3 hull points and can shoot everything even after they have moved.

As of which list to use - the online list is the most balanced and I allow that at the tourny I run, the 3rd book list is fun with adding inquisitors and Grey Knights, but providing your opponent dosnt mind then any list you take would be OK,

Grenadiers should be equiped with their grenades.

Sithlord
06-07-2012, 02:10
currently, only the death korp of krieg which have 'updated' and much more 'legal' army list (Most FW books date back to 4th edition, only DKOK being updated to 5th at that time). That said, the download for DKOK army list are remove from download section as they are being updated to 6th edition. I've stop building my DKOK army so I can know what changes FW and GW made for them.
that said again, you can use DKOK models to be normal IG (but I don't think that make them a true DKOK as their doctrine bit different than the rest of known IG regiment being fatalistic if not stupid :p )

Chem-Dog
06-07-2012, 04:22
1 unit of grenadiers

With a list that simple, It might be simple (and potentially cause less potential problems with people potentially not allowing FW lists, potentially) if you use the Regular IG list.
Quartermaster + Retinue would just be your Company Command Squad.
Your Troops choices are easy enough to satisfy with the IG Codex.
Russes are easy enough to find in the Codex too.

Thrillhouse
07-07-2012, 14:01
Thanks for all the answers guys! As i guess you have heard FW (and GW?) seem to be working to get updated armylists out for 6th. The rumors even talk of "real" codexes sold via GW. When i have something to show i might do a project log for them also, keep an eye out.

Magot
12-11-2012, 06:41
Hi Thrillhouse,

I would recommend NOT to take the quartermaster as your HQ, but a regular Company Command Squad with a senior Officer. Why ?
Because, try to imagine a blob of 40 guards, with las guns and within 12" of the foe receiving an order from the senior officer (who can do that over a larger distance) to fire first rank, second rank....................
you probable will have a sergeant and some other weapons in the squads, but letīs say 32 las guns times 3 is 96 shots !!
I kill a lot of space marines this way, just by the big numbers.

I say: Have Fun !

Oh and uhh... Grenadiers are Elite and NO scooring troops, while the engineers with or without the Hades are Scooring Troops.

Thrillhouse
12-11-2012, 17:59
Hey Magot,

Thanks. I got a hold of one unit in one of the deals i got. And the models look nice. But i also thought my next order should be one or two squads of engineers. I want both agressive guys following a hades and i also want the mole launcher for sheer coolness.

As for hq im still undecided. Fnp is nice, but i will probobly get both eventually.

While i have your attention: i have a commisar for tanks but i cant find the upgrade. Is this for the tank-heavy army list?

Magot
13-11-2012, 08:43
While i have your attention: i have a commisar for tanks but i cant find the upgrade. Is this for the tank-heavy army list?

In the Siege Regiment Army list Commisars can use a centaur only, so I donīt know why FW does have this model as part of the 3 commisar models.
all I can say is that he would look stunning in a LR or so, but game whise I donīt see it, I would do it for the looks of the model only.

Rhaivaen
14-11-2012, 03:57
Can anyone give me a linky for downloading said Krieg pdf's on the Forgeworld website? why they do not have a general page with all pdf's on it is beyond my logic :(

Vaktathi
14-11-2012, 05:46
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/k/kreig.pdf

Rhaivaen
16-11-2012, 01:34
Cheers Vaktathi :)