PDA

View Full Version : have you done your own homebrew chapter/ themed army?

Dreadknight1994
05-07-2012, 20:11
hey :) so i was wondering how many peopld had done their own homebrew themed force/homebrew chapter etc. I am starting my homebrew chaos marine warband the angels of change :) who are a mono tzeench force.

Tebrey
05-07-2012, 20:23
Most of my armies are homebrew.

Angels of change sounds cool.

Capussa
05-07-2012, 21:08
My marine army is a company from my own chapter, my Eldar army are Exodites & my Guard is the 2nd Catachan

shadekiller
05-07-2012, 21:52
I made up my hive fleet and my IG regiment, my marines are blood raven and GK are.. well..:P

Grocklock
05-07-2012, 21:57
my ork armies are made up forces one from Zog the other army is a predacessor t othe first and is ca feral army.
My TAU are on there second cycle after realising that people didn't what to work with them willingly they began inslaving them and forcing them too work for them.
And finally my chaos marines in golden armour, (not too sure on theswe guys at the minuite but I wrote the fluff for them when I was 12 so there is some sentalmental value)

Private_SeeD
05-07-2012, 22:04
I'm working on hte fluff for my own chapter atm, based on the BA codex and will be full of jump packs, bikes and flyers... going to be using DA and BA kits, so there will be plenty of wings, robes and skulls, so far the names for my chapter's are 'Templar's of the Fallen Angels' or 'Shadow Angels' (p.s that was my friends idea :shifty: ) Also is dark angel armour and grey robes a dark paint scheme?

Sent from my Omni tool via the Sol System Mass Relay

ewar
05-07-2012, 22:04
All my armies are homebrew, I don't really understand why anyone would do otherwise - really makes the army your own and not just 'another' Blood Angel list etc (no offence to those that do of course, some of my best friends are Ultramarines players!)

TimLeeson
05-07-2012, 22:21
I've done necron worshipping Admech, Enslavers and Ulumeathi. I really enjoyed doing those armies and highly recomend people to try it out if they have the time for all the heavy conversion work. I found them to be very exciting experiences and you really feel like your army is completely of your own.

Gingerwerewolf
05-07-2012, 22:28
Yep - all my armies at the moment are homebrew - though the next army project will be a known chapter...

See my sig below for the detail!

Alex_H
05-07-2012, 22:36
My Hive Fleet are my own creation. I thought since Tyranids come from the deep void they won't be exposed to light really, so I based them on the Angling fish but also heavily influenced by the Xenomorphs from the alien movies.

The fleet names comes from Cronus - the first Titian - devourer of children (which I thought was apt with Tyranids absorbing/eating their own creations) - who's sign is the sickle or scythe, or scything talon in this case :chrome::D

de Selby
05-07-2012, 22:54
Scions of Charybdis, ocean world space marines.

I try and do something different with all of my armies, although my nids have ended up looking a bit hive fleet leviathan-y without really meaning to.

By the sound of things I'm going to be having to make up an Unforgiven successors chapter when the box set hits (I always buy the box sets).

see sig for pics.

Juggernaut101
05-07-2012, 23:01
Sure did. Never really understood why people copy/paste armies.

For 40k I have:

SM: Angelic Surge - a Dark Angels DIY successor chapter. It's a 3rd ed. thing; re-painting the Deathwing atm.
IG: Mannerheim 23rd S.O.C. (PDF) and the Mannerheim 69th "LeadFarmers" (PDF armored/mech company).
'nids: Hive Fleet Juggernaut (silly me sold it some years ago but I'll rebuild it, now that they have some really cool-looking models)
Inq/GK: being processed atm

Juggernaut

Harwammer
05-07-2012, 23:22
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?329067-Slaanesh-theme-Blood-Angels
Slaanesh themed Blood Angels.

Only started modelling yesterday night.

Currently the idea is Captain Tycho didn't actually die at Armageddon 3 but struck a deal with Slaanesh to restore him to his former beauty/glory. As collateral from the deal he also has wings.

So far I've made some Death Company that were with him when he fell (which will probably be used as berserkers when the new C:CSM book is out) and am assembling an assault squad with jump packs.

Charistoph
06-07-2012, 05:36
Most definitely.

My Chaos Marines are a Cursed 21st Founding Successor Chapter of Imperial Fists via the Executioners. Their apothecaries were tricked by a Lesser Chaos God into warping their gene seed to be painfully allergic to the Warp as we know it, thus turning them to his will and goal of changing the Warp.

Though, if I ever do Loyalists, I think they will be Iron Lords... but that's going to be a while.

Xazil
06-07-2012, 06:43
Both of my 40k armies would fall under this. My marines are Imperial Paladins who are basically a blank slate but also assembled as Siege Vanguard Assault from IA. My IG are an unholy mix of WHFB dwarves with cadians making an IG/Squat list.

red.devil
06-07-2012, 07:06
Sure did! This is one of the funniest thing of WH. I called my IG army the "76th Siege Army" (inspired by Siege of Vraks I) heavily based on forgeworld siege weapons + a mechanized branch made of standard cadian troops backed-up by some super heavies (baneblade, shadowsword, malcador defender, malcador infernus) and flyers (vendettas, vultures and thunderbolts).

Freman Bloodglaive
06-07-2012, 07:22
My Codex army are a Dark Angels successor, the Angels of Deliverance.

Lots of bikes, speeders and terminators.

Souleater
06-07-2012, 07:30
I don't recall ever playing a 'known' army.

Egaeus
06-07-2012, 07:42
I suppose it depends on how one defines 'homebrew"...I like to attempt to paint my armies in unique schemes. If nothing else this lets me use whichever ruleset fits them without too many raised eyebrows. I haven't ever really dabbled in trying to put together a customized army list for any of my armies (they all tend to be "codex" regardless of the actual codex being used ;)), although I do have some thoughts on some things I would like to try if I did.

Freakiq
06-07-2012, 07:55
My first Space Marine army were my own chapter, the Jade Scarabs.

My current Necron army of the Sechraal dynasty is my own creation as well.

Athariel
06-07-2012, 09:17
I have my own Space Marine Chapter called the Shadow Hunters.

Their icon is a full moon with a black recurve bow in the middle of it.

They descend from the Ultramarines and their speciality is Fighting in built up areas and Night Fighting.

There is more background as well that I have done.

Also thinking of doing another one known as the Jade Falcons though I only have a name and paint scheme at the moment.

the1stpip
06-07-2012, 10:01
I have done both over the years.

Tears of the Emperor - Over zealous chapter using BA codex.
Traitor Guard - Codex IG
Ork Deffwing - Codex Orks
Tenoch VIII - Codex IG

My first 40k army (18 years ago) was Ultramarines.

brightblade
06-07-2012, 10:44
Yup.

Space marines are a ba successor called 'The Half Bloods.' I started them during RT because of an inability to paint the ba logo! Got over a company painted now!

My Eldar are aspect heavy from a craftworld called 'Aven H'lorra (The Ruined Ashen Home)
Got a lot of them!

My Orks are called 'Fat 'ead and Bingo in a big trip to da stars.' Fat 'ead is my warboss and Bingo is his attack squig. :)

The fluff revolves around all three and my best mates armies. There is a lot of old nonsense floating around in notebooks!

ForgottenLore
06-07-2012, 13:36
All my armies are homebrew, I don't really understand why anyone would do otherwise - really makes the army your own and not just 'another' Blood Angel list etc (no offence to those that do of course, some of my best friends are Ultramarines players!)

Seconded

As for myself, I have Tau, Guard, Eldar and a developing Marine army. All with personalized background that interconnects so that they are all part of the same story and all will (eventually) have their own special characters and probably some unique units.

Veteran Sergeant
06-07-2012, 14:08
Eh, there are waterslide transfers and specialized parts for the existing chapters. These days if you have the capable parts, you can print out your own transfers, but a lot of people aren't that sophisticated. A lot probably don't even realize it is possible, lol.

Freehanding chapter symbols isn't easy for everybody.

mughi3
06-07-2012, 14:18
<-Absolutely, i did a salamanders sub chapter with a bit of irony. basing our drow looking space marines as a quasi whermact force, gto a whole background bit of fluff on them to.

TheDungen
06-07-2012, 16:15
A few really:

First off my trusty Fallen Angels led by Raphael Truthseeker (A former dark angels librarian obsessed with the pursuit of knowledge and serving a dark and unknown lesser chaos god), they are made from a mix of dark angels and chaos parts (no horned helmets though I want them to look archaic but not open about being csm so they can pass as dark angels amongst the uneducated) and i'm considering some scratch built demons of secrets (basically empty robes in armour). Currently they painted as dark angels except for silver details , i'm considering if i'm going to keep that or not. Oh yes and they play as nightlords (Or did hen that was possible), so lots of jump packs, but after seeing the new blood angels with wings for jump packs i'm considering getting some of those for my raptors and lots of scythes from the hexwraiths.
I'm also considering giving Raphael wings, he's been running around the galaxy for some time now he should have some gifts and that would be fitting his theme but could he get away with that amongst imperials (not other space mariens or inquisitors more like imperial guard and planetary governors)? We're talking angelic wings rather than bat like. hmm maybe I could say he uses sorcery to hide them when he's not in battle.

Secondly he's being followed by the first company of the Order of The Lion Chapter. A third founding (well kind of its complicated) dark angels sucessors chapter. They're a radically divergent crusading chapter and i intend to when i finally make them have them as a combination of dark ganels and black templars parts painted like regular dark angels but with a golden trim for their shoulder plates and a few lions pelts here and there. The Icon is a golden lions head on a dark green background. Cant decide if they'll play as dark angels or black templars.

Then theres my orc whaagh, not named yet, i want them to be a combination of red sunz ( i like vechiles especially the fliers) and blood axes (in that they wear a parody of imperial uniform especially those comissiar style hats). I however want them with black uniforms but then i'm missing out on the red wunz goez fasta, cant really decide.

And an imprial guard regiment based inspired by the Gilneans in wow (in turn inspired by 19th century Britain) with john bull hats and dark long coats. Think i'll use brettanian men at arms and empire militia with some lasgun parts added to them and scratch built hats for some. Maybe even adding some warhammerforge skinwolves as ogryns.

and thats all my current 40k projects.

White_13oy
06-07-2012, 18:08
My first army most loved are the world eaters.

But then I have my word bearers sub-sect, The Infernal Brotherhood. Rather than summoning daemons the invite them into themselves and there whole schtick is a bunch of possessed. The recruits are the unpossessed of the bunch.

Then my dark eldar is the Kabal of the Poisoned Rose. Sounds completely original I know, but they're based off of my old Khalida force for warhammer.

ColShaw
06-07-2012, 18:32
I almost never build to a GW-canon theme. I theme my armies off American Civil War, Star Wars, etc. I always pick my own color schemes, and tend to avoid special characters.

razormasticator
06-07-2012, 18:48
I have my own Imperial Guard Regiment, the 75th Logres Prime Ice Drakes.

Easy E
06-07-2012, 19:10
Yup.

Grimgrod Rotgutz Skullsmash Reeverz, Ork mercenaries hailing all the way from 1st edition RT era!

The 1st Saint Paulus Armored Company, the Timberwolves.

The Pixie Marines- all Pink all the time!

ColShaw
06-07-2012, 20:00
The 1st Saint Paulus Armored Company, the Timberwolves.

Done up in white, green, and blue colors, I hope, and led by Colonel Garnett?