PDA

View Full Version : Banner of Eternal flame and Razor standard = magic weapons?

draccan
05-07-2012, 20:38
If you give a banner of Eternal Flame (flaming attacks) or Razor standard (armour piercing) to a unit does it mean the whole unit gets magic attacks?

Also what is the size of the base for Steam tank and War Altar?

AntaresCD
05-07-2012, 20:55
As to your first question, no. Neither of those banners provides magical attacks. They only provide Flaming Attacks and Armor Piercing attacks, respectively. Generally, if something does not explicitly tell you it provides magical attacks (see the 8 basic spell lores for examples - flaming sword in Fire for one, or items like the Amulet of Light in the High Elf army book) then you don't have magical attacks.

The full description of magical attacks, which you can find in the FAQ, mentions this:

Q: What are ‘magical attacks’? (p68)
A: All attacks made by spells and magic items are considered to
be magical attacks, as are all attacks that are specifically noted
as being magical attacks. Shots fired from magical items are
also considered to be magical attacks, unless their description
specifically states otherwise. Hits inflicted by rolls on the
Miscast table are treated as magical attacks.

Since neither of those banners specifically gives you magical attacks and it's the unit attacking, not the banner, you don't have it.

As to your second question, I believe it's the standard chariot base. I don't play either of those armies often, so I'll have to defer to someone who does.

calnen
05-07-2012, 21:55
Steam Tank and War Altar = 50mm x 100mm

draccan
05-07-2012, 22:21
Thanks! :-)

Durpp
07-07-2012, 02:54
Regarding your second question, whenever you're wondering about a base size Games-Workshop posts what size base comes with their models under the information section. I use it all the time for when I'm not quite sure.