PDA

View Full Version : The mighty dark eldar force? What to buy?

Fizzy
06-07-2012, 18:33
Alright me and my friend will make a mighty dark eldar army over 2 years and fight 5 others with it.

We will play separate and together.

I am selling my painted models on ebay to get the rest of the money for this project.

What I was planning to buy:

Battleforce
Archon
Codex
Scourges
Talos pain engine.

Anything else? I cant buy to much but maybe 2 more boxes of something. Then I need the rest for paint and such. I dont plan on running to much transport in the 6th ed.

So archon in the raider with the wyches. And the rest as their own units.

BEARO
06-07-2012, 19:25
Another Raider and a Ravager if you can only pick 2.

Fizzy
06-07-2012, 22:33
Well as I said I am not sure I want to transport everything since alot more can wound tanks now. Especially when having that low AV.

But maybe :) I will see what the other people say if they want to add an opinon.

steevn
06-07-2012, 23:03
Hej hej

I'd advise you guys to buy infantrymodels and paint them up. By the time you finish those ,6th will have settled down and 'must buy' models will be known. That way you won't have spent too much on lesser codexchoices. The nightwing might a good buy with the whole flyerthing going on.

Da Black Gobbo
07-07-2012, 00:18
Venoms are still awesome, Reaver Jetbikes, HW grenades wyches, Hellions, Ravagers and RW jetfighter all super useful!

Fizzy
07-07-2012, 03:45
Hmm I think if I sell alot on ebay I will get at least a flyer and maybe some more troops or expand the reaver jetbikes squad you get in the battleforce :)

HereBeDragons
07-07-2012, 08:46
Our tanks are no weaker now than they were in the previous edition tbh. Ravagers are still pretty essential, but as flyers the razorwing and voidraven have had a huge boost. as said above, venoms and reavers are awesome.

Fizzy
08-07-2012, 12:51
So a flyer is a must have. I need some more troops though as well since a lot of my friends play objectives.

bonfire01
09-07-2012, 00:07
Dark eldar did pretty out of the new rules, so the same kinds of armies you saw in 5th will work in 6th. Ravagers and raiders rarely survived 3 glancing / penetrating hits as it was and relied on -6" range, 5+ saves and being cheap, none of which has changed. I'm not a big fan of a talos or scourges personally, but adding to what you've got a ravager and voidraven would be a good bet. Basic warriors are good for troops, esp since your other commonly used infantry didn't do great out of the new rules in the main. Wyches are pretty scared of overwatch (esp flamers) and incubi can't kill termies.