PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Trader Land Raider in 6th...how to make it compliant?

solo21
07-07-2012, 12:36
So I've got an old RE Land Raider that I want to use as my army centrepiece in 6th. Looking at the codex it seems the weapon layout of a standard raider has changed somewhat? Is there an accepted way to make this compliant with modern 40k?
As far as I can tell I need to add twin-linked heavy bolters to the chasis. How about the dozer blade and the lack of an obvious front door...do I need to add these on/is there a recognised conversion path to make this legit? I was thinking of modelling up the section above the dozer as a door and adding the bolters to the top?

Sami
07-07-2012, 12:48
If you don't want to ruin the model, Forge World released rules (and an updated model) called the "Land Raider Proteus", which is basically the Rogue Trader LR: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Tanks/LAND-RAIDER-PROTEUS.html

edit: rules here (don't know if they're the most recent): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads/product/pdf/p/Proteus.pdf

solo21
07-07-2012, 13:03
How commonly are FW rules accepted? Because being an Elite choice for SW could be awesome...but I'd want to be able to use this in tournies/GW stores if need be...

Sami
07-07-2012, 13:11
GW stores should allow it unless the manager is a *****. Good luck using it at a tourney :(

Bubble Ghost
07-07-2012, 13:21
Your existing model IS "compliant", as far as anything can be compliant or not. It's a Games Workshop Land Raider model. No one's allowed to tell you it's "wrong" now.

If you particularly want to go above and beyond the call of duty, you could just take some measurements and put blobs of blu-tack or marks on the paintwork roughly where the weapons would be on a newer model.

Xandros
07-07-2012, 14:57
Nuke it from orbit.

Compliance enforced at 319 998 M41. Praise be.

(More seriously, I think using the rules for Land Raider Proteus will go a long way since it's smaller and doesn't have a front ramp.)

Sleazy
07-07-2012, 15:52
send it to me and i'll send you the current 'raider in return.

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-07-2012, 15:54
I'm with Bubble Ghost. Putting it on the table should be all that's needed. Faffing around with Forge World rules because it happens to be a different edition of the model is IMO completely unnecessary. Doesn't mean you couldn't pick those rules, just that I don't think there is any special need to.

The Clairvoyant
07-07-2012, 17:25
I regularly use mine as normal landraiders. No-one has ever complained about me using the model. I find in big apoc games, putting down 5 old land raiders gets more 'oohs' than 'thats the wrong model, i'm not playing you'. I'm a little intrigued though - it should have heavy bolters. They were pintle-mounted rather than hull mounted but they are there. I'm guessing you've lost yours over the years. A couple of mine are also missing the heavy bolters as the pintle was such a thin piece of plastic they snapped easily.

Veteran Sergeant
07-07-2012, 17:27
I can see giving it some Heavy Bolters, but you shouldn't worry about the lack of a ramp. The model changed, but it's still legal.

PANZERBUNNY
07-07-2012, 17:43
"counts as rule".