PDA

View Full Version : 2k Empire Dark Omen

Isadiel
07-07-2012, 21:46
Heya, thought I'd make an empire army loosely based on The Grudgebringers from Dark Omen. Tried to keep the spirit whilst buffing unit sizes for core troops and thus sacrificing the flagellants. If I was being truer to the game, I'd probably use 6 reiksguard knights rather than 3 demigryphs as faux knights of the realm and a mortar rather than helstorm. Are there any changes people would recommend either to make it more fluffy or more survivable although it is for a fairly casual setting so instawin changes would probably upset my fellow gamers. Thanks for your help

Grudgebringers
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Morgan_Bernhardt
Other units: i'd add these in a 2500+pt force
Outlaws (Huntsmen / free fompany)
Pistoliers
Steam tank
Flagellants
Mortar
Other CC cavalry

Lord
General barded warhorse, full plate shield *ruby ring sword of might

Heroes
Bright Wizard lvl 2
Amber or heaven wizard lvl 2
Witch hunter Ironcurse Icon (war machines +6 ward with greatswords)

Core
29 Swordsmen FC
10 crossbowmen detachment
29 halberdiers FC
10 archers detachment
11 knights FC GW

Special
19 Greatswords FC Lichbone pennant (MR1)
3 Demigryph knights FC (or 6 reiksguard knights FC)
Great Cannon

Rare
Helblaster Volley Gun (or mortar)

m1acca1551
07-07-2012, 23:38
I like it, fits the theme well, its not op and would be fun to fight against and with!

m1acca1551
07-07-2012, 23:45
I like it, fits the theme well, its not op and would be fun to fight against and with!

m1acca1551
07-07-2012, 23:49
Sorry for double post :(

Take inner circle knights, far more thematic. id also use bret knights of the realm to proxy
Mortar or even great cannon for the above reason.

to add flaggelants are awesome, take snither warmachine and seeing as though your playing amongst a group of friends see if they will let you take a unit of dwarf warriors??

logan054
08-07-2012, 14:14
Only problem I can see if your not using the grudgebringer cavalry, the ones with great weapons are ragnars wolves, swap them for normal knights and you are getting a bit closer, drop the halberdiers and swap them for swordsmen, the halberdiers were never part of the army, it was someone personal guard you had for a mission that was optional if I remember correctly. Wizards should certainly be a bright made and amber wizard.

Demi knights don't fit the theme either, reiksguard do a but better or take great weapon knights instead.

Isadiel
08-07-2012, 16:13
Only problem I can see if your not using the grudgebringer cavalry, the ones with great weapons are ragnars wolves, swap them for normal knights and you are getting a bit closer, drop the halberdiers and swap them for swordsmen, the halberdiers were never part of the army, it was someone personal guard you had for a mission that was optional if I remember correctly. Wizards should certainly be a bright made and amber wizard.

Demi knights don't fit the theme either, reiksguard do a but better or take great weapon knights instead.

Thanks for the tips, agree with knights, though the halberdiers stayed with you the whole game or did they return later with the mannfred mission? (countess guard). Wizards in shadow of horned rat were bright and amber and dark omen had an ice wizard (thus heavens as the alt). I'll swap helblaster for mortar and demigryphs for reikland (closer equivalent to grail knights too).

To add the last of the main humans in dark omen i could cut 5 halberdiers and 5 swordsmen with the other point savings and get 10 flagellants but would 5x5 halberds and swords both with a wizard in still be able to handle themselves?

I could change the 11 knights into 12 with GW as Ragnar's wolves and use the reiklanders as Grudgebringer cavalry although I think It'd be truer to most of my playthroughs by making the grudebringer cavalry one of the biggest threats on the table.

In 2500+pts I can see adding allies of dwarf warriors, wood elf treeman and glade guard, perhaps even true knights of the realm. I felt a lot more attachment to the individual regiments in dark omen compared to mark of chaos, fun game but not as engrossing.

logan054
08-07-2012, 17:09
Its been so long since I even played it (not even sure it would work now lol), I am pretty sure they stayed with only until you did the manfred mission, honestly I don't really think they fit the theme of the list that well as they are not really mercs.

To be honest I think Reiksguard are a little powerful for the grudgebringers, as I recall they only have a 3+ save and swords, really you want you weakest cavalry to represent them, not some of the best in the book!

Something worth considering as a count as Morgan Bernhardt is Lietpold the black from the Tamurkhan book, he actually allows you to take one core choice from either Bretonnia. Ogre Kingdoms or Dwarfs, while he doesn't have the fireball like your character you made, mind you after the first few missions I seem to recall dumping that sword for something better anyway! what it does do is open up some new options, you could actually other units that you took command off in the campaign rather than being restricted to count as units.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Ragnars wolves at 2k, you only need the grudgebringer cavalry at this points level, I would be looking at using those points to buff you other units, I would also be against using detachments, the grudgebringers didn't.