PDA

View Full Version : 6th ed tiers

gutsmaka
08-07-2012, 07:32
now that 6th ed has been out for a week, and we've all played a few games, what are your ideas on the tier system (without thinking about allies).

I'd say along these lines

tier 1
grey knights, imperial guard, necrons

tier 2
blood angels, space wolves, orks, dark eldar

tier 3
space marines, dark angels, eldar, tau, chaos marines

tier 4
daemons, black templars, adeptus sororitas

tier 5
poor, poor, nids

Gutlord Grom
08-07-2012, 08:14
(raises hand)

Could...could we have waited at least another week before descending into the Bogs of Despair that are "Army Tiers"?

Spiney Norman
08-07-2012, 08:16
I think I would put codex marines slightly higher than DA/Eldar/Tau but otherwise that looks pretty accurate

player21
08-07-2012, 09:05
I think blood angels are a top tier army. Have you guys notice all the Matt Ward codexs seem to have gotten some nice buffs in 6ed?

trigger
08-07-2012, 10:19
It all depends on army choice now
Sanguine guard , death wing and Logan wing armies are going to cause massive problems for draigo and his buddies ( before you all jump in and tell me I'm wrong , how many hammers do you see in a paladin squad)

Guard are def top tier along with crons

Most if not all marines are 1.5 (including chaos)

Then pass I havnt looked at all the codexi proper yet.

It's all going to come down to unit choices now.

I was worried about 6th to the extent I thought about stopping playing but the more I look I think 6th may have started to sort of balanced out the newer codexi.

Just my 2 pennies

Minsc
08-07-2012, 11:25
wouldn't put orks in T2.
Their shooting got slightly better, but their closecombat abilities got much worse. (Furious Charge nerfed across the board, new pile-in rules hurt's them, ghazghkul's waaagh and waaaagh in general is much worse.)

They were T2 in 5th, but now in 6th with their current codex I'd say they belong in T3. A quite powerful T3 codex, but T3 none the less.

I also wouldn't put nids alone in T5. They got (imo) a decent boost with 6th.
I'd put them in T4 and remove T5 altogheter.

gutsmaka
08-07-2012, 11:44
I put orks in T2 as they got 3 fliers and the buffs overwatch gave to shoota boyz. fleet is nerf'd though...

VendableFall
08-07-2012, 13:03
i would move eldar down, they didnt come out great with many units.

ihavetoomuchminis
08-07-2012, 15:26
Tier 1: All SPace Marine Codex

Tier 2:Necrons, IG

Tier 3: The others.

That's what happens when a rulebook is written having SM in mind all the time.

The Marshel
08-07-2012, 15:45
Tier 1: All SPace Marine Codex

Tier 2:Necrons, IG

Tier 3: The others.

That's what happens when a rulebook is written having SM in mind all the time.

you're an odd poster. so long as marines aren't involved you say some good well thought out things, but the moment power armour comes into the equation we see this rubbish

too soon for tiers. Still a lot of knee jerking going on. Necrons for example are being rated very highly because of hull points. While they're certainly good at killing tanks, we can't really say how important that will be in 6th ed just yet