PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Chariot Army

Hunt77
04-05-2006, 23:42
I've toyed around with this army for a while so I thought I'd post it to get a few ideas from fellow gamers.

Tomb King in Chariot
Chariot of Fire
Spear of Antarhak
Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
Talisman of Protection
Light Armor and Shield

Tomb Prince In Chariot

Sword of Might
Enchanted Shield
Light Armor

Liche Priest

Cloak of Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest on Skeletal Steed

Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Core Units
5 Chariots with full command and Banner of the Undying Legion
5 Chariots with full command
5 Chariots with full command
5 Chariots with champion and standard bearer
4 Chariots with champion and standard bearer
7 Light Calvary

The army is based on Ramses II army at the Battle of Kadesh. His chariot units consisted of 25 chariots led by a champion, which is reflected by the chariots in the units and the Tomb Prince. The 26th chariot is Ramses/Tomb King himself. What I would like to see are some comments on magic item combinations and tactics involving unit size.

As the army stands it is fairly successful, having won 60% or so of the games I have played with it. I will admit strength 7 attacks turn this army back to dust in an instant, so any suggestions with how to deal with this will also be helpful. Thanks:D

Shazarn
06-05-2006, 09:54
Looks like a solid army,
I was thinking of the army my self.

I just think that your heratic, is helpless.
i ucky shot and poof, ur army crumbles. Having the king and princes helps with the LD buti think that he is ded otherwise.

Lol, just a thought

Timber_Wolf
07-05-2006, 21:36
well, the hierophant wouldnt die so easyl with this itme combo...i use this guy myself and flying helps a lot ;)

anyway, id give the chariot of fire to your prince...the king has a lot of killing potential, so to get 2 proper killing machines on undead chariots, give the better chariot to the weaker character...
acutally, for mayself, i dont like the kings magic items, but thats just personal test (id get ankh and flail of skulls for a chariot king ;) or, otherwhise, balde of setep and ankh...thinking about it, i tend to use the ankh only on chariot kings... :p ).
id also think about getting 2 giants for your rare slots and drop some charitos to get some distraction for your chariots and to get some good armor killing stuff...
the banner of the cursing word is nice on chariots, too, nuff said (large base --> lot of ld tests ^^)

elite_dannux
08-05-2006, 10:24
wont the charachters also get killed if a chariot gets hit by a S7 wounding hit?

isnt it a little risky? there are alot of S7 weapons out there.

Hunt77
09-05-2006, 21:25
Thanks for the ideas.

Characters will not die if the chariot is destroyed, but they will take a S5 hit. If they survive then they are allowed to fight on foot.

I like the idea of placing the prince in the chariot of fire, keep the ideas coming.