PDA

View Full Version : Straken and Tycho buff?

agurus1
08-07-2012, 23:46
Ok so I'm looking through the armies I already use, and I come across these two entries:

Codex Imperial Guard pg 60: "Man of Adamantium: Colonel Straken's extensive bionics grants him resilience and strength beyond that of an ordinary man, as shown in his above profile. In addition, Straken's close combat attacks ignore armour saves and roll an additional D6 for armour penetration." emphasis mine

Codex Blood Angels pg 41: "The Dead Man's Hand: Tycho's close combat attacks ignore armour saves and roll an additional D6 for armour penetration. The Dead Man's Hand also includes a set of digital weapons, allowing Tycho to re-roll a single failed roll to wound in each Assault phase." emphasis mine

didn't know if this had been hit on, but I thought I might try to add two more models to the list of at initiative attacks that are essentially AP2 :angel:

Eldoriath
09-07-2012, 00:25
Considering how Strakens attack really are a power fist that hits on initative I'm suprised he haven't been changed to having armor bane and AP2 CC attacks. Same result more or less, but a bit better against vehicles. So I guess that's why it didn't happen.

agurus1
09-07-2012, 01:00
Looks like the same thing for Lelith Hesperax, Dark Eldar Rulebook pg 49 "The Penetrating Blade: Lelith places her blows with such uncanny precision she can always find a chink in the enemy's armour. Her attacks ignore armour saves." emphasis mine

@Eldoriath, I agree, but if they changed that they would probably have made him unwieldy too.

S_A_T_S
09-07-2012, 01:11
All I can say is, I'm glad I've recently got hold of two Tychos and painted them up ready for 6th...

agurus1
09-07-2012, 01:39
nice man, any other catches of similarly phrased rules?

ehlijen
09-07-2012, 02:56
Just a note: Attacks that simply 'ignore armour saves' still have no AP value. While that matters not against non vehicle models, they don't get any AP bonus on damage rolls. So they're not quite AP2 :p

agurus1
09-07-2012, 04:07
This is true, was just hearing alot about how it was almost impossible to get through 2+ saves in CC though and decided to try to compile some sort of list :). But giving these people AP 2 would be nice lol