PDA

View Full Version : Using the Temple of Skulls as a Summoning Platform (Chaos Skyshield)

Lord Squidar
09-07-2012, 08:14
Hi Guys,

So I was just wondering if it would be viable to use this: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440008a&prodId=prod2120011 as a chaos version of the skysheild landing platform. I think one thing its missing though is a ring of cultists that can be removed. When the cultists are removed, the platform is furled, you can take advantage of the cover. When they are chanting and doing their thing, then its unfurled. Daemons can be summoned on the spot, but its more risky for the cultists (i.e. no cover mechanism).

Seems like a pretty cheap and quick and fluffy alternative. Would work well for marines and daemons

tu33y
09-07-2012, 08:29
i think that is a pretty Ok idea... might take a tiny bit of fiddling to make it "look" like a landing pad, but yes, i like your thinking.

Dangersaurus
09-07-2012, 08:48
Sounds good, with or without the added ring of cultists.

BooTMGSG
09-07-2012, 09:06
For Unfurling, and furled, you could that they can either summon a warp shield (cover save), or summon creature of the warp.

Messiahnide
09-07-2012, 11:09
I'd play aginst someone using that as a viable counts as. Could model a removable warp shield aswell using BooTMGSG's idea, like a ring of warp energy made from some stained clear plastic or something, Great Idea.

Chem-Dog
09-07-2012, 13:35
The surface area of the ToS is much smaller than the Skyshield, you can fit a Baneblade on a Skyshield quite easily, I know for a fact you can't do that with a ToS.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying that your summoning platform could stand to be somewhat bigger. The bonus is the partially ruined state of the set does lend itself to a rebuild/extension.

the_picto
09-07-2012, 13:44
I'd play aginst someone using that as a viable counts as. Could model a removable warp shield aswell using BooTMGSG's idea, like a ring of warp energy made from some stained clear plastic or something, Great Idea.

Like putting one half of a hamster ball on top when the shield is up?

Azazel
09-07-2012, 13:48
I had the same idea when thinking about getting a Skyshield for my Chaos army, but like Chem-Dog says its a lot smaller.

I suppose if all you plan to Deepstrike on it was a unit or two, it wouldn't be a problem. Wouldn't be able to fit three Daemon Princes and two Greater Daemons on it unlike the actual Skyshield though.

TheDungen
09-07-2012, 19:26
Plasticard and a few temples and viola! A mega temple of skulls the size of a skyshield.