PDA

View Full Version : New chaos lord Painted!

Latro_
05-05-2006, 00:08
right I watched the flash teaser trailer for medusa V and noticed that the new chaos lord is displayed in the super quick flashing of images.

Out of elite skills or pure luck (the later i'm thinking) i managed to do a print screen just as he was being displayed (only took 3 tries!)

The pic was a bit dark so i changed the gamma a bit.

So erm... here you go:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/latro/lordpaint.jpg

Aurelien
05-05-2006, 00:14
Wow, that was a really...****** teaser. Can't GW afford anyone with half a brain to do something interesting for their flash stuff?

Thanks for the pic though;)

(Evil)Ash
05-05-2006, 00:18
lol, ofcourse a print screen. why the hell din't I think of that:rolleyes:

good call

Latro_
05-05-2006, 00:19
that'll teach me for trying to be clever, someone already got a shot in the teaser thread.

I'm gonna get executed by the warseer inqusition, thats the second duff thread i'v created tonight.

DoomedDiceThrower
05-05-2006, 00:21
I did the same, but didn't know how to upload pics in the internet :D
Therefore, thanks for your efforts.

I say: He looks nice so far, but it's an disadvantageous angle to have a look at the Kai gun.
Plus, I would personally like it more if the fingers of his massive powerfist were bent a little, instead of the "slap on the botty".
And one last thing: The horns on his chest plate. Don't like them. Not my taste. They're getting the Terminator-armour-feeling away for me.
But nevertheless, I overall like him, and I'll definitely buy him.

EDIT: I'd like to defend the right of existence of this thread, for over at the teaser thread, they're mainly discussing about the coming campaign rather than about this model. Maybe it should be transferred to the old "New Chaos Lord pic"-thread, though I think that people might miss this pic then. *Jumps between the bullet and Latro_ in slow-motion shouting "N O O O..."*

Tom
05-05-2006, 00:32
Seems more like a lightning claw, but bending fingers on metal models is simple enough.

The Dude
05-05-2006, 00:32
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Pretty lame looking claw. As I suspected though, the mini looks way better painted, than it did in the out of focus non-painted shot that people have been flaming for the last few weeks...

Tom
05-05-2006, 00:41
Agreed. He looks pretty damn decent now. Like the painting 'separated off' much of the ornamentation.

philbrad2
05-05-2006, 00:47
Nice different weaponry in the set eh... My Warsmith is definitely getting a new set of 'Sunday best' for Medusa V thought the combi bolter/melta and sword is still my preferred weapons option. Still not struck on that helmet but its definitely tres cool painted.

always thought it would be :D

:chrome:

New Cult King
05-05-2006, 00:49
I don't mind him... He just doesn't seem as dynamic as some of GW's latest Termi releases like Calgar and Lysander. The paint job is pretty poor, too.

Danny Internets
05-05-2006, 01:04
Wow, that model looks a lot less terrible when it's painted up.

Brother Muninn
05-05-2006, 01:20
I figured it'd look tons better once it was painted properly, but I think it still has a great deal more potential than what we've seen here.

If it gets into the hands of a great painter with a great vision it'll look fantastic.

Malakai
05-05-2006, 01:27
The model is too busy for my taste, though I suppose I'll buy him and try and see what a decent paintjob can do for it. I suppose he is better than nothing. :rolleyes:

-Malakai

dave
05-05-2006, 01:36
There's a picture on page 13 of Aus WD showing him painted in Black Legion colours. Bottom right hand side. Looks OK. Quite 'bulky'.

Slekith
05-05-2006, 01:43
EJEM! Maybe you didn't see it but in the MedusaV book that came with the latest WD you can see that Lord Painted by the 'eavy Metal team, find it out, it not that hiden! :D

The Dude
05-05-2006, 01:57
Yes, the Power Claw looks even lamer in that shot...

Randallw
05-05-2006, 05:43
That's pg 13 of the Medusa V section. On pg 11 you can make out 2 of the new possessed, although 1 is covered up. They look better painted.

madrobot
05-05-2006, 08:06
He needs more skulls (x 10).:p

I can't help but think Tzeentch Champion whenever I look at this mini.

Latro_
05-05-2006, 10:04
lol actually i did notice the new lord in the medusa book but i didnt twig that its the new lord (thought i was some conversion) i'm having a very blonde couple of days.

It looks rubbish in the medusa 5 book. Can't put my finger on it... its an odd shape, kinda like danny devito

Lord Hjamlar
05-05-2006, 10:12
Yes, the Power Claw looks even lamer in that shot...
Are u sure that that's the claw?? For me it's a pwoer fist... Have noticed that earlier pcis had shooty weapon in the left hand and sword in the right one?! Clasp, Clasp for GW... I hate that their models almost always areright handed...

Latro_
05-05-2006, 10:22
I'm just glad he looks like a multi part kit.
No combi weapons and power fists that you can't take off
(because everyone takes this combo on ic's lol)

BloodiedSword
05-05-2006, 10:39
Looks like a lightning claw to me. Possibly the worst Lightning claw I've seen GW do - he's going out of his way to hold his hand completely flat :S

Either way, I'm almost 100% sure that both arms are separate pieces - after all, the unpainted one had a nice sword and some kind of.. combi bolter was it?

spispopd
05-05-2006, 14:22
Finally a Chaos Lord model with useful weapon options! I think I'll take at least one of these guys. Sure, I've seen better models, but this isn't too bad IMO.

my_name_is_tudor
05-05-2006, 14:29
erm.. already posted 2 days ago. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=649948&postcount=16)

Bregalad
05-05-2006, 15:22
that'll teach me for trying to be clever, someone already got a shot in the teaser thread.
I'm gonna get executed by the warseer inqusition, thats the second duff thread i'v created tonight.

erm ... already noticed by the thread starter ;)

Maxis Lithium
05-05-2006, 16:20
As I have not yet seen this pic in scale with other Terminators, I would like to ask.

Is this model in scale with the new Space Marine terminators, the bulky badasses? Of the older Chaos terminators, with their less then imposing stature?

Other then that, I like it. I esspesally like the chest horns.

Is the head seperate? 'll need to swap it for something for my Nurgel Lord.

my_name_is_tudor
05-05-2006, 17:00
erm ... already noticed by the thread starter ;)

Ah well, I tend not to read duplicate threads, with the exception of posting a link to the original.

Cresistauead
05-05-2006, 17:45
Oh my. That wouldn't happen to be... on his left hand side shin?
That's just golden. An ornamental chaos ork? :D

Rommel21
05-05-2006, 18:00
That model looks like a steaming pile of *****

The Judge
05-05-2006, 18:16
I've seen a better colour scheme... that one there is a bit odd.

x-esiv-4c
05-05-2006, 18:21
looks pretty good to me!

Messiah
05-05-2006, 20:26
Still looks ok. Nothing extraordinary, but a cool model.

Antaeus
05-05-2006, 20:49
Has some nice elements (the helmet's sweet and I like the look of the claw), but like many recent models it's pretty darn cluttered. Can barely see his armour under all that lot.

Flame of Udun
05-05-2006, 21:12
I'm not keen on this chap. He really doesn't convey the power and menace of a Chaos Lord, and that Lightning claw just looks pants. I think I'd rather convert something from Abbadon or a Marine termie.

Kasrkin 666
05-05-2006, 21:22
:eek: :cool:
-666:eek: :cool:

Necron_Lord
05-05-2006, 21:44
i like his helmet, but he's kinda cluttered with all those chains and skulls on his armour. Nevertheless i think he's a great model!

somebody
06-05-2006, 00:10
To much crap on it, not very Lord looking; nice as a sorcerer or chosen though.

With some green stuff, less skulls and without that ugly trophy rack he could achieve Lord status. I though the head was melted flesh, now I see it for what it is and I like it.

Doesn't GW have a sense of aesthetics? Couldn't the guy who painted it bend the fingers a little? That flat lightning claw makes this already static looking mini more flat.

Zerenity
06-05-2006, 06:37
It's probably been said already, but they really should make a customizable Chaos Lord boxed set, like the Space Marine Commander. Recent Chaos Lord blisters haven't been that cool IMO.

de Selby
06-05-2006, 12:09
I presume the lightning claw is easier to cast flat. If you want bent fingers, I suggest bending the fingers.

Aaaaaaanyway, I'm not so impressed. He's enormous, and I have a feeling some of the people saying he doesn't look like a lord will change their minds when they see him towering over the other models in a chaos squad. But I don't particularly like those long arms, and the proportions in general look a little off. I'm still within reaching distance of the fence on this one; I may hop back over when I've seen a few more shots.

sanctusmortis
06-05-2006, 12:43
I really hope some of that's optional, like the neckbrace of horns he's wearing and the symbol on his back...

That is THE worst claw EVER. That's just blocky and hideous. Anyone know the sculptor?

Briareos
06-05-2006, 13:24
The mini looked ugly when photographed unpainted and out of focus. The new picture clearly shows how great potential was wrecked by inferior design and less-then-stellar sculpting.

Meh...

Ki-Adi-Monkey
06-05-2006, 15:06
I'm not sure about the horns around his head, but apart from that its actually quite nice.

I'm sure there will be many versions of this model around in the next couple of months, for my marine characters to kill :D

Warsmith Strader
08-05-2006, 20:50
Well at least there is a decent pic(sort of) of the kai gun..... looks interesting to say the least..... Iron warriors lord for sure! at least there is some representation of the chaos rune on the model too...

I can see the stats for IW lord- Terminator armour, MC Lightning Claw, daemonic strength, d. essence and finally the daemonic rune plus the kai gun! with a body guard of 8 terminators.

Longsword
08-05-2006, 21:59
Its an interesting model at least, as to the powerfist/lightning claw, a little bending of the fingers wouldnt hurt now would it? Will buy it just to have one i guess.

T_55
10-05-2006, 10:43
I won't be getting one as i don't have a choas army (yet), but he certainly looks good, may help for the thousand sons i maybe planning to do. Certainly shows alot of detail and potential though, and i'm more drawn to it with the idea that you can change the weapons.

lord_blackfang
10-05-2006, 10:55
I quite like him, but unfortunately I don't own an army I could fit him in. He'd make a perfect Word Bearer or Black Legion lord, IMO.

DrDoom
13-05-2006, 14:14
I'll take one. He looks infinitely better painted. That claws gonna need some work though.

tzeentchgiant
13-05-2006, 15:25
I really do like him, and as soon as I work out a way to fit him onto a square base I'll buy one.

TG

drakhar
15-05-2006, 04:53
where are the real GW sculptors at?! This model is without a doubt the worst Chaos Lord model i have ever seen, i could sculpt something better. As said in previous responses too much cultter on the model, bad choice of color combos and all around crappy model.

tzeentchgiant
15-05-2006, 09:21
where are the real GW sculptors at?! This model is without a doubt the worst Chaos Lord model i have ever seen, i could sculpt something better. As said in previous responses too much cultter on the model, bad choice of color combos and all around crappy model.
Funny thing is, you don't have to paint it the way GW has...

I would also like you to put your money where your mouth is, show us something you've sculpted, that is superior to this, or stop being such a whiner.

TG

Ironhand
15-05-2006, 13:14
I'm going to get one to use for my IW Lord. Definitely do some converting/parts substitution though.

Latro_
15-05-2006, 13:30
not all that impressed, compared to the likes of the new rangers he dont cut the mustard.

Carnelian
15-05-2006, 14:19
I would also like you to put your money where your mouth is, show us something you've sculpted, that is superior to this, or stop being such a whiner.

TG
You don't have to be an artist to be an art critic

The Dude
15-05-2006, 23:37
You do if you're going to say things like:

This model is without a doubt the worst Chaos Lord model i have ever seen, i could sculpt something better

;)

tzeentchgiant
15-05-2006, 23:40
You don't have to be an artist to be an art critic
I would have agreed with you if it hadn't been so completely out of context.

Like The Dude said, read what drakhar said before commenting about what I said.

TG

Ironhand
16-05-2006, 23:07
I try not to form judgements from pictures, sometimes photographs don't do a model justice, for whatever reason. The Chaos Lord might not be all that bad.

I have to admit though, I loathed the Vostroyans from the first picture I saw.:rolleyes:

charlie_c67
16-05-2006, 23:21
Sometimes? More often than not pictures don't do the models justice. Whilst there are some that can't be saved (Cortez anyone?) there are others redeemed by alternative paint schemes. Case in point is the Lucius model. I've seen people slate the UK version but praise the US one.

cookiescrumble
17-05-2006, 10:11
Why don't GW put more effort into their new releases. The recent models have been terrible.

Falkman
17-05-2006, 10:21
He'd make a perfect Word Bearer or Black Legion lord, IMO.
My thoughts too when I saw him, might just have to get one for my upcoming Cities of Death Word Bearers.

charlie_c67
17-05-2006, 11:06
Why don't GW put more effort into their new releases. The recent models have been terrible.
Sorry, think you'll find you're in the minority on that view. Besides, crap paint jobs can ruin perfectly good minis. Waiti till you see it in the felsh so to speak.

BrningHalo
19-05-2006, 00:04
I have to agree with some of the earlier posts in that the head of this model almost seems "lost" in the armor. I like the horns/skull on the chest, but the crest on the back and the head don't look like they belong. As it is now, this model definately looks like a Tzeentch Lord.

However, I am excited by the new bitz this model will make available and I'm sure that there are many more talented modellers than I that will do amazing things with this figure once it is released.

I'm just waiting to see what they come up with.

Thanks,
Tom