PDA

View Full Version : So with the new flyer rules (including FW) who's getting what?

Commissar Davis
09-07-2012, 12:48
With flyer being in this edition, and Forge World doing a lot of goodies and having a new book dedicated to them pending, who is getting them and what you getting?

I have my eyes on the Vulture, but the Marauder and Thunderbolt look good.

Erik_Morkai
09-07-2012, 16:31
In the short term... a Storm Eagle

In the middle term a Vulture for my allies

In the longer term (Next Codex) Nightwing for my Eldar

EDMM
09-07-2012, 17:38
Vultures with Punishers.

Kijamon
09-07-2012, 17:53
If the Chaos rules are good for the storm eagle I'll get one of those for them. I bought a storm eagle for my space wolves already. It offers a very good transport capability along with deadly death lascannons to shoot at other flyers.

On that note, I lost one of the missile pods, as is always the way right as I was about to finish building it. If a chaos player gets a storm eagle, you can't use the missile pods so how about dropping me a PM and sell them to me?

Getz
09-07-2012, 18:14
Blight Drones are Flyers now too...

Formerly Wu
09-07-2012, 18:44
I'm waiting to get a look at IA: Aeronautica to see how/if they've re-pointed them. A Thunderbolt at 180 points is ludicrously overpriced considering the Vendetta does its job better.

I might pick up a second Vulture, however, especially now that they've got a distinct ground attack role.

Meistro1
09-07-2012, 19:04
Well an Eldar Nightwing at 285pts was never cheap, and with 2 HP its paper thin and will probably just be doing alot of evading. I can only hope its more than just an apoc reprint with the FAQ update.

Chief Librarian Zypher
09-07-2012, 19:23
After looking at the preview pic of the glossary of IA:Aero, I'm curious to see how they revamped the StormEagle, and i'm very curious about this Avenger Strike Fighter. Also, I wanna see this "grey knight thunderhawk." i'm crossing my fingers to have my T-Hawk's heavy bolters replaced with psycannons :)

Rick Blaine
09-07-2012, 20:05
I already have a Storm Eagle, I think that's plenty :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Erik_Morkai
09-07-2012, 20:06
Well an Eldar Nightwing at 285pts was never cheap, and with 2 HP its paper thin and will probably just be doing alot of evading. I can only hope its more than just an apoc reprint with the FAQ update.

Eldar Nightwing in IA: 11 (the m ost recent) was 145 pts

neko
09-07-2012, 20:35
I already have a Barracuda, and am currently looking at getting a pair of Remora. I'll have to see if anyone else in my area also wants to do a Forgeworld order though, as the postage costs can be silly otherwise.

Eldoriath
09-07-2012, 20:39
Where can one find what is included/getting updated? Curious to know if the remora drone fighter will be in there.

Rick Blaine
09-07-2012, 20:43
Where can one find what is included/getting updated? Curious to know if the remora drone fighter will be in there.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/iaa1.jpg

You have to squint a bit.

Sons of Lorgar
09-07-2012, 21:45
Already got a Hell Talon, two Hell Blades (and a Valk), will expand that strike force when economy allows

Kloud13
09-07-2012, 22:26
I already have a Barracuda, and am currently looking at getting a pair of Remora. I'll have to see if anyone else in my area also wants to do a Forgeworld order though, as the postage costs can be silly otherwise.

Doesn't pay off. I just did a big order with friends, and when it showed up at my house, I got hit with a Handling fee, and had to pay tax on it. Smaller orders in the past just slide under the radar, no handling fees, or tarrifs.

Eldoriath
09-07-2012, 23:32
Nice to see the Remora is in there since I'm scratchbuilding and casting my own now =)

So, when is this update due and will it be a PDF free to download or what? Not all into the whole forge world business, but perhaps I will be soon.

Erik_Morkai
10-07-2012, 00:10
Nice to see the Remora is in there since I'm scratchbuilding and casting my own now =)

So, when is this update due and will it be a PDF free to download or what? Not all into the whole forge world business, but perhaps I will be soon.

It's a hardback book not a free pdf update as there will be new models and rules in the book as well. Book is in pre-order at the moment and due out roughly july 27th.

neko
10-07-2012, 00:40
Doesn't pay off. I just did a big order with friends, and when it showed up at my house, I got hit with a Handling fee, and had to pay tax on it. Smaller orders in the past just slide under the radar, no handling fees, or tarrifs.
Wait. A handling fee and extra tax for UK to UK delivery? What scamming delivery company are they using for that?

Eldoriath
10-07-2012, 01:09
Thanks. Will see if I buy the book or just keep borrowing my friends current one. After all I'm just after one unit and its rules.

2nd place
10-07-2012, 01:54
Wait. A handling fee and extra tax for UK to UK delivery? What scamming delivery company are they using for that?

DPD... or fedex if your in US

agurus1
10-07-2012, 01:56
seriously considering a vulture now :) already got two vendettas though....

2nd place
10-07-2012, 02:10
just orderd 3 storm eagles for my alpha strike iron hands, lets see how many airport armies deal with with this s*^t