PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Autoguns"

jason_sation
09-07-2012, 14:18
Which (if any) Codex currently has stats for this weapon? I noticed them in the 6th ed. rulebook, and wonder if this is foreshadowing an upcoming codex release with them? Or are they already listed in a current Codex that I am unaware of? Thanks.

Pingomannen
09-07-2012, 14:20
I think it is foreshadowing that the Chaos Space Marines can take traitors and cultists that use auto-weapons

Eldoriath
09-07-2012, 14:47
In the olden days IG used to be able to take autoguns and autopistols instead of lasguns and laspistol. But they became the same thing rulewise in 3rd ed iirc.

Memnos
09-07-2012, 14:59
Gretchin also had autoguns.

Eldarin Hope
09-07-2012, 15:17
Over in the starter set thread there's information saying the cultists have autoguns and autopistols

jason_sation
09-07-2012, 15:34
Over in the starter set thread there's information saying the cultists have autoguns and autopistols

Ok, cool! It always bugged me that at this point in the Warhammer 40k game you had the complete families for Bolt and Las, but the "Auto" family was missing the pistol and gun. I always like the idea of the "low tech" options for armies, even if they just do the same thing as their las counterparts. It seems more fluffy!

LonelyPath
09-07-2012, 18:14
Ok, cool! It always bugged me that at this point in the Warhammer 40k game you had the complete families for Bolt and Las, but the "Auto" family was missing the pistol and gun. I always like the idea of the "low tech" options for armies, even if they just do the same thing as their las counterparts. It seems more fluffy!

They had the gun and pistol in past editions and I think they mentioned at some point as treating autoguns/puistols as having the same profilesas their las equivalent. I'm not 100% certain ofthat last part, but fairly sure I remember reading it somewhere.

El Torro
09-07-2012, 18:46
Back in 2nd edition the difference between a lasgun and an autogun was that lasguns gave -1 armour save and autoguns had no save modifier. Since lasguns have no AP now it'll be interesting to see how autoguns differ.

Tay051173096
09-07-2012, 18:52
In the inquisitor book the main difference was weight and rate of fire. Other books mention the wounds from them i.e a las wound wouldn't bleed out but and auto or stubb wound would.

White_13oy
09-07-2012, 18:56
I believe autonpistols and guns had the gets hot rule.

Grimbad
09-07-2012, 19:11
I believe autonpistols and guns had the gets hot rule.

That was the old lost and the damned Firearms, which got hot I guess to represent that the mob were totally inept and accidents were happening.

Chief Librarian Zypher
09-07-2012, 19:13
most of the IA books that have dex's in them .... well if it involves traitor guard, such as Siege of Vraks campaign and the Badab War, .... the autogun is under the traitors