PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Challenge: Skullvane Manse, Lair of the Astromancer

Navar
09-07-2012, 19:48
Anyone have this yet? How is it?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Gradek
09-07-2012, 19:58
Slightly off topic, but I don't get the marketing strategy here. Wouldn't you give these scenarios away for free in order to sell more models (ie of Skullvane)? I like the idea, but cannot see myself paying for this stuff.

Navar
09-07-2012, 20:13
I JUST bought Skullvane so my interest was piqued.

zoggin-eck
10-07-2012, 03:45
Slightly off topic, but I don't get the marketing strategy here. Wouldn't you give these scenarios away for free in order to sell more models (ie of Skullvane)? I like the idea, but cannot see myself paying for this stuff.

Well, there would have been plenty of people who got it in the magazine, or at least their opponent may have the issue.

Lorcryst
10-07-2012, 15:42
I must have the White Dwarf where those rules/scenario were published (I only keep my subscription just for those titbits, in fact), but I cannot remember when it was released ... shoot me a PM, and I might be able to do something for you :p

Jericho
10-07-2012, 15:49

Agreed, that would make a lot more sense.

Side note: The kit is wonderful and was one of my favorite hobby projects to work on in a long while. I highly recommend it... I even try to sneak it onto the table for 40k games even though it's not meant for that :D

Navar
11-07-2012, 02:03
Well, there would have been plenty of people who got it in the magazine, or at least their opponent may have the issue.

What issue has the scenario?

reddevil18
11-07-2012, 02:08
I have no idea what this is but id like to give it a go, can someone tell me where i can get it please? :)

zoggin-eck
11-07-2012, 11:39
Ah, it seems I've lost my mind! Sorry guys, I was totally thinking of Deathknell Watch! I wish they didn't use such lame names for terrain pieces.

If it's a case of other people making the same mistake I made, it may well be their first digital article/eebook thingy made entirely for the medium, and not just from White Dwarf?

Navar
12-07-2012, 22:47
So I bought this. It is fairly good. The scenario is interesting. The Tower focuses on the Lore of Heavens. It has some cool special rules associated with the tower and what not.

It has been my first GW Digital Product, but I would likely buy others.