PDA

View Full Version : Bionics and powerweapons in 6th

Commissar Davis
10-07-2012, 12:31
Hi,

My BT codex mentions Bionics, which for those that were not around, is a 3rd/4ed mechanic.

With power weapons now having an AP value, would a character in Artificer Armour get the Bionic save against a power sword?

Looking at the RAW I would say yes, but what are your thoughts?

A.T.
10-07-2012, 12:47
With power weapons now having an AP value, would a character in Artificer Armour get the Bionic save against a power sword?As written, yes you would.
I think axes still negate it though - AP2 never allows an armour save.

Narf
10-07-2012, 12:53
its like the old feel no pain rule though in that case, AP2 does allow an armour save for things that are 1+ when it says never allows an armour save it would be things like death or glory, JOTWW,and other things that state no armour save. (ie dangerous terrain used to not allow an armour save)

Interstingly there are several characters around now that have weapons that do not allow armours saves (tycho, straken etc) and are not power weapons

Commissar Davis
10-07-2012, 13:12
its like the old feel no pain rule though in that case, AP2 does allow an armour save for things that are 1+ when it says never allows an armour save it would be things like death or glory, JOTWW,and other things that state no armour save. (ie dangerous terrain used to not allow an armour save)

Interstingly there are several characters around now that have weapons that do not allow armours saves (tycho, straken etc) and are not power weapons

So a BT command squad, where each member of the unit can take AA if terminator honours are brought, would be a veritable Death Star as well as a huge point.... investment :angel:

Sqallum
10-07-2012, 19:16
I think it works exactly like FNP, only on a 6+. Not bad for 1 measly point.... :)