PDA

View Full Version : Pre Heresy Emperors Children Infrequent Updates

JamieIsOOP
10-07-2012, 21:24
Hey there guys.

Quite often the mickey is taken out of me for being a slow painter in my group of friends, and at the age of twenty I have only completed one army (Bretonnians, painted quite badly when they were last redone- an indicator of how slow a painter I am.) So now I am really trying to finish something. My conclusion? Choose my favorite army fluff wise and start a blog. I am far from the best painter but I am trying to push myself to improve and I am hoping that my the end of this I will have a good gaming level standard painted Emperor's Children Army I can be proud to play. Updates will likely be infrequent as I am a slow painter and also a student: meaning I'm studying a lot/out with friends alot. However here is the first pic and let me know if you want to see more :)

Thanks!

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/JamieisOOP/dread2.jpg

He still needs his base doing but I'm waiting on my Wayland Games Order, and I have neatened up the gold. Currently working on the head so watch this space! Please be kind in your comments though!

BeatTheBeat
10-07-2012, 21:41
Looking like really good, solid painting! Definitely good gaming standard, and considering it's still WIP, that's quite something. Not so sure on the OSL for the power fist, though I love it on the plasma cannon. Very much a matter of personal preference, though technically it is well done!

Hope to see the finished model and some infantry soon!

Cheers,
BTB

JamieIsOOP
10-07-2012, 22:12
Thank you very much BTB, pretty awesome that you commented as I have checked out a good deal of your logs, and been impressed every time. The Saturnine 27th are amazing, so cool to see elements of the Imperial Army in the 41st Millennium, especially as well painted as your's!

I plan on working like mad this week, currently painting up a Librarian in Mk IV/MkIII mix, as well as a Terminator Assault Squad in Katarphrakt (spelling?) armour :) However I'm stopping at a friends house next week, working on something real big as a joint effort :)

Beppo1234
11-07-2012, 00:00
looks good, OSL is great... I, for the life of me, can't do OSL at all. But if I could comment, it's a little overkill on both the powerfist and the especially on the plasma cannon. Otherwise, a superb start.

JamieIsOOP
21-07-2012, 00:17
Okay guys, the big project was delayed due to Wayland Games not dispatching when they said they would (twice,) then sending me an email about an order being dispatched.... which I found out today was an automated email and it was not dispatched until 24 hours after meaning the parts won't arrive until Monday.

My painting has been interrupted as I've stopped at a mates for the last week, where a group of us played alot of LOTR (Galadhrim if you are interested.)

However I have got the airbrush out for the purple basecoats....

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/JamieisOOP/IMG_01691.jpg

This is basically a 1500 point list when adding a power armoured captain, my storm raven, rhino, drop pod, and land raider.... Wow listing it like that shows how much I still have to do: with forgeworld delivering yet more tomorrow! The razorback in the background is my girlfriends, as part of her silver and lilac grey knights force :)

You've already seen it but heres a close up on the veteran wings, inspired by DPD's amazing log on here.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/JamieisOOP/shoulder.jpg

shaw3029
21-07-2012, 17:53
Looking good. Any close ups of the troops? Im toying with the idea of a Pre Heresy Emperors Children army myself.

Nuke_arts
15-08-2012, 23:02
Looking good, update this more!

Antipathy
16-08-2012, 12:23
If going for Pre-Heresy, might want to be careful about including the Razorback ;). Otherwise, very nice even purple.

superdupermatt
16-08-2012, 12:33
The razorback is for his girlfriends army, he said so in the post...

Antipathy
17-08-2012, 15:56
I look at pictures in Project Logs to be honest. ;).

superdupermatt
17-08-2012, 16:27
Hmm well perhaps if you did read you wouldn't make stupid statements? ;)

Atia
19-08-2012, 11:59
Do you want to add more than 1,5k points? nice glow-effects on the contemptor. keep it up :>