PDA

View Full Version : Skulltaker in 6th edition

Lord Squidar
11-07-2012, 07:50
So I was thinking of getting myself a little something something because i'm bored and need to paint. I have been looking through the different heralds for Daemons. Now the slaaneshi herald add hit and run to the unit of nettes s/he it joins, which is awesome. It also has 4 rending str 4 attacks, so can do a bit of tank hunting. I realise that rending in the daemon army is now at an extreme premium, since its one of the few things we have to counter the impending wave of terminator based armies...

Then I realised, hey, skulltaker has rending. On a 4 +. And it comes with instant death too. And he has iron hide, and blessing. Combined with challenges, the new deep strike rules and look out sir! did skulltaker just become the heavy foot assault monster of doom? I don't think he needs to be on a jugger anymore (larger profile, harder to hid if needed), he can just roam around in a group of letters. They can pick on marine squads as they wish, but should that one terminator squad come too close, mwahaha! And with his rending on a 4+ he should be able to destroy medium tanks easily.

I think he is now an overall better choice from before!

What does warseer think?

terradax
11-07-2012, 07:59
Wow! Didn't think about Skulltaker... He certainly got a lot better, with denying FnP too. Remember that he IS able to lead units of Khorne Berserkers :)

matt_17
11-07-2012, 09:20
As good as he is v termies he still only rends vehicles on 6+. Penetrating vehicles is not a To Wound roll. He's still awesome!

Commissar Davis
11-07-2012, 10:21
But Slaanesh is a good excuse for all sorts of modelling antics, like fitting little speakers in side vehicles to play horrible cheesy pop or musical hits.

An army of rending sounds good to me.

PaintHater
11-07-2012, 11:34
And Skulltaker looks AWESOME. He's pretty big as well, for a 'letter!

Kakapo42
11-07-2012, 12:24
But Slaanesh is a good excuse for all sorts of modelling antics, like fitting little speakers in side vehicles to play horrible cheesy pop or musical hits.

An army of rending sounds good to me.

I now suddenly have the horrifying image of half a dozen Slaanesh-dedicated tanks and transports barrelling down on my hapless forces while blasting out 'boom boom boom I want you in my room'.

The minute I saw the title of this thread my first thought was that challenges were made for Skulltaker. Also, think of how the warlord traits might affect him!

Lord Squidar
11-07-2012, 12:26
I just went to buy him from the store now. When I got home, it was a fail cast. =( OH well will have to wait until GW sends me a new one

Commissar Davis
11-07-2012, 13:08
I now suddenly have the horrifying image of half a dozen Slaanesh-dedicated tanks and transports barrelling down on my hapless forces while blasting out 'boom boom boom I want you in my room'.

The minute I saw the title of this thread my first thought was that challenges were made for Skulltaker. Also, think of how the warlord traits might affect him!

I was thinking of the Masques special rules... I couldn't help it, it just popped in there... leading the dance to Fame, YMCA and Do The Locomotion (Kyle version)!!!

Skulltaker is definitely the more solid choice, but Khorne is boring imo.

Thoth62
11-07-2012, 13:08
It is a nice model (obviously, when it's cast proper). I got one last year, and it was an absolute joy to paint.

And you've got me thinking about finishing my daemons army now. Skulltaker in a challenge? Yes please!

Clarkson
11-07-2012, 13:42
Wow! Didn't think about Skulltaker... He certainly got a lot better, with denying FnP too. Remember that he IS able to lead units of Khorne Berserkers :)

heh, someone didnt read the FAQ.

Under the Errata for daemonic entries it states that things in the daemons codex, among other things, cant join allied units..

and seeing as though Skulltaker starts the game in deepstriking reserve.. he wouldnt be able to join bezerkers anyway...

Sheena Easton
11-07-2012, 13:46

As cheerful and cheesy the Amsterdam Shop Window inspired Boom Boom Boom Boom is, any truly dedicated Champion Of Slaanesh with taste and decorum would be blasting out Sheena Eastons seminal work, Sugar Walls!