PDA

View Full Version : the Penumbral Pendulum

gorblud
11-07-2012, 09:59
Hey!

The Penumbral Pendulum extends a 6d6" straight line. Each model in the way (determined as for a bouncing cannonball) must pass an initativ test or suffer a str 10 hit causing multiple wounds d3.

When it says determined as for a bouncing cannonball, do they only mean the models that are hit (1 guy per rank, or file if in the flank) or is everything like a cannonball? Would it destroy a wall, can characters and champions make a look out sir! roll?

diggerydoom
11-07-2012, 10:13
Yes you do get a look out sir, as cannon shots count as a template attack (albeit a very thin one). I am not sure what you are asking with your first question however?

gorblud
11-07-2012, 10:19
what I mean is, a cannon can only hit one model per rank in a unit. I was wondering if they only meant determining the hits as a cannonball. Because direct damage spells does not usually allow a look out sir! roll, right?

In the picture, only 2 models would be hit by a cannonball and I guess the pendulum aswell.

Mr_Rose
11-07-2012, 10:23
It is not a cannonball, so anything specific to cannonballs, other than the way it generates hits, will not affect the Pendulum; it is after all imaginary, and rocks have no imagination whatsoever.
Of course, since "Look out Sir!" is not specific to cannonballs then it will apply, as the pendulum is not a BS-based shooting attack, nor a close combat attack, yet it singles out specific models.

gorblud
11-07-2012, 10:26
I'm not sure whether you're saying he does get to make a LoS roll or not. A cannonball is a template weapon, which means a LoS roll is allowed. Is the pendulum some sort of template?

MOMUS
11-07-2012, 11:48
You DO get a LoS against the pendulum (think its in the FAQ).

Artiee
11-07-2012, 12:05
You DO get a LoS against the pendulum (think its in the FAQ).

Nothing in the Main FAQ that I can see.

Shidensen
11-07-2012, 23:29
Hey!

The Penumbral Pendulum extends a 6d6" straight line. Each model in the way (determined as for a bouncing cannonball) must pass an initativ test or suffer a str 10 hit causing multiple wounds d3.

When it says determined as for a bouncing cannonball, do they only mean the models that are hit (1 guy per rank, or file if in the flank) or is everything like a cannonball? Would it destroy a wall, can characters and champions make a look out sir! roll?

I believe you are correct, only 1 guy per rank, and characters/champions can make a Look Out Sir roll. Not sure if it can destroy walls though.

gorblud
12-07-2012, 10:23
would be nice to see the faq though, as it is not a template, a LoS shouldn't be allowed

ArghaBlargh
24-07-2012, 22:31
Can you aim the pendulum, or does "directly away from the caster" mean that it travels in a predefined direction, ie emanating from the center of the casters base, and parallell with the edges of the base, that is, always straight ahead? Or can you aim so it fires a bit to the right or left, at say 45 or 315 degrees?

GodlessM
24-07-2012, 22:43
'Directly away' doesn dictate direction. That could be directly away from the front of the caster, or directly away from the side of the caster.

Hell Storm
25-07-2012, 02:05
Directly away could be at any angle. As long as you start at the edge of your base and travel away it meets the requirement for "directly away".