PDA

View Full Version : keeping the faith

madd0ct0r
11-07-2012, 11:49
I've a small Sisters of Battle Army,

expanding it with new models will be incredibly expensive, and frankly, they all look the same, and play similarly.

following some accidents I need to redo all the basing and redo all the vehicles.

I'm more interested in the Ordo Hereticus side, which GW stopped when they gave us the WD codex, which I don't have.

can anyone motivate me into doing something interesting with these girls?

A.T.
11-07-2012, 12:03
can anyone motivate me into doing something interesting with these girls?They are reasonable allies to mix into a semi-competitive corteaz/hereticus henchman list.
The sisters pretty much drew a blank in 6th though and don't look to be going anywhere soon, even forgeworld isn't interested.

You could perhaps paint them up in Slaanesh colours as followers of Miriael Sabathiel and throw them in with the new chaos legions stuff, or mix them in with Templars in a Vinculus crusade-themed list ... if you don't mind your army randomly freezing up due to the stupid alliance table.

jubilex
11-07-2012, 12:17
Commiserations on your accident.
If it makes you feel any better, I recently finished a raptor cult for a mate.
30 raptors, 30 furies, a winged daemon prince, jp sorceror and lord.

These were placed on a sideboard for viewing, all very pretty.
That is until a childs ball hit them and bounced 4 times.
Multi-carnage.

As for the sisters, I would think allies are (literally) your friends.
Ig could reintroduce the inquis storm trooper element/carapace vets, conscripts as zealots, throw a priest in there for frothing lunacy!!!

Would certainly change the army vibe!
Good luck!

Ambience 327
11-07-2012, 14:12
Ecclisarchy fun using IG as allies is definitely the way to go. Since SOB & IG are "Battle Brothers", they will integrate quite well.

Scaryscarymushroom
11-07-2012, 22:28
You might find enjoyment in building/kitbashing some Repressors. If you wanted to do it cheap, grab some blocks of foam & plasticard in order to detail the top part of the tank.

As a matter of fact, that might be a project that I'll start for myself when I am done building & painting all my stuff for other game systems.

Navar
11-07-2012, 22:46
Okay here is a crazy idea.

Mod them to be a Heresy Era Sisters of Silence army and Ally them with a Space Marine faction (Space Wolves seem to be the best because of Prospero Burns, but YMMV.)

Model your "Wolf Guard" units as Adeptus Custodes (using Grey Knight bits, and maybe even some third party bits as well) and that would be one sweet army.

PANZERBUNNY
12-07-2012, 01:14
Okay here is a crazy idea.

Mod them to be a Heresy Era Sisters of Silence army and Ally them with a Space Marine faction (Space Wolves seem to be the best because of Prospero Burns, but YMMV.)

Model your "Wolf Guard" units as Adeptus Custodes (using Grey Knight bits, and maybe even some third party bits as well) and that would be one sweet army.

I like this.

Have them themed as the ones who took out the Rainbow Warriors.