PDA

View Full Version : Charging, blocked?

gorblud
11-07-2012, 13:24
Hey!

In the picture, Unit 1 declared a charge against unit 2. there was a friendly cannon on the top and an enemy unit below. The charge roll is a success but what happens in combat? would they be able to hit unit 2?

Artiee
11-07-2012, 14:19
Ok, Base on the picture, it would be a impossible charge into Unit 2.. But would be a possible charge against the large unit.

If the units was that close, 1" apart if not in combat. (Looks like Unit 1 is already in base contact with the other unit). There would be no way for it to wheel pass the other units to get in to contact with Unit 2.

gorblud
11-07-2012, 14:26
It started out like this. He declared a charge against unit number 2, but it obviously cannot fit between the little red unit and the big black unit. What would happen?

dementian
11-07-2012, 14:34
It started out like this. He declared a charge against unit number 2, but it obviously cannot fit between the little red unit and the big black unit. What would happen?

Impossible charge, you could charge the larger black unit but it is not possible to get to the smaller.

gorblud
11-07-2012, 14:34
alright thanks!

Artiee
11-07-2012, 14:36
Not possible because the unit cant fit in between the cannon and the Other unit.

**Edit changed Not impossible to not possible **

dementian
11-07-2012, 14:54
Not impossible because the unit cant fit in between the cannon and the Other unit.

Want to clarify that you meant to type "Not possible", and not "Not impossible"

Artiee
11-07-2012, 15:08
Sorry.. Corrected it.. Not possible.

Trains_Get_Robbed
11-07-2012, 16:45
Or you could clip, and then the "small" black unit is force to wheel towards you?

Doesn't seem that impossible to me, just unsporting if my opponent forces his way in.

Lord Inquisitor
11-07-2012, 16:49
There is a big question mark over the situation where an enemy unit would normally close the door as the charger cannot but is also engaged with one or more other units. Typically I see it played that a unit only closes the door if they are unengaged so if the charger cannot close the door the charge fails.

The bearded one
11-07-2012, 16:53
Or you could clip, and then the "small" black unit is force to wheel towards you?

Doesn't seem that impossible to me, just unsporting if my opponent forces his way in.

There is a big question mark over the situation where an enemy unit would normally close the door as the charger cannot but is also engaged with one or more other units. Typically I see it played that a unit only closes the door if they are unengaged so if the charger cannot close the door the charge fails.

these 2.

The charger could charge and wheel so that it clips the other unit, who would then normally have to close the door because the charger is not able to close the door due to intervening obstacles.

However the other unit is already in close combat, and to force it to wheel out of close combat seems utterly stupid.

I guess you could charge and clip the enemy, with that single corner of your unit touching the enemy being the only model in CC.

T10
12-07-2012, 14:43
It seems to me that a charged unit can't close the door while engaged in close combat since this would also mean moving the other units in the combat. Not only are there no rules for resolving this (how to maintain contact etc.), but those other units have not been charged and are not under any compulsion to move to help close the door.

dral
12-07-2012, 15:21
I'd say impossible charge.

My understanding of the charge move is you can wheel, then move straight forward and that must bring you into contact. If not the charge fails. Then you move again to close the door.

From that drawing I can't see how you can wheel, charge forward and make contact. Those suggesting a clip seem to be moving forward then wheeeling, which I don't believe you can do.

gorblud
12-07-2012, 15:25
Actually you can wheel at any time during your charge move: move straight forward - wheel - continue moving, still the charge in this case cannot be completed