PDA

View Full Version : always strike first + last

gorblud
12-07-2012, 14:48
Hey!

If a model has always strike first and always strike last at the same time, they cancel out. Does that mean he doesn't get to reroll misses aswell? And what would happen if he were to be targeted by a spell that grants alwayst strike first or last again, meaning he would have 2 rules/buffs that gave him always strike first, but only one rule that gave him always strike last?

Glen_Savet
12-07-2012, 15:18
The answer to all your questions is no. They would not get rerolls, and they would not get regain the effects of always strike first just because they have two instances of it.

DaemonReign
12-07-2012, 15:19
1. A model with ASF that somehow gains ASL (or vice versa) strikes in Initiative Order (without any re-rolls). I Think you got that right.

2. Stuff like Always Strikes First do not 'stack' with themselves. You either have such a rule, or you don't. It's the same if you gain Flaming Attacks 'twice' for some reason, or any other such buff that doesn't explicitly come described as a '+1' to a given Statistic or Ability. So the answer to your second question is basically 'no' - 2xASF does not 'cancel' ASL, you'd still be stuck striking at Initative Order.

EDIT
Ninjad.. But that should at least leave you without any doubts as to the validity of what me and Glan Savet was saying.

gorblud
12-07-2012, 15:24
alright, I was pretty sure on the first one but since they cancel out I thought they may not have the rules at all or something like that. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Ultimate Life Form
12-07-2012, 15:30
The effects cancel each other out, so yes, they lose the rerolls, too. This supposedly works regardless of how many times you try to stack the rules, since the prerequisite of having both rules of the same time is always met regardless.

However I just noticed a conundrum here:

The 'cancel each other out' passage is part of the ASL rules. As it says, if the model also has the ASF rule, the two cancel each other out and have no effect. However, this means the 'cancel each other out' passage has no effect, too because it is part of the ASL rules. So they're not cancelling each other out. Which means they cancel each other out. Which means they don't cancel each other out... and so on Got it? I have a master's degree in ruleslawyering and could construe a dozen of the craziest claims from this fact alone, but for now I'll leave it at a simple 'forget it' for the sake of peace.