PDA

View Full Version : leaving unit + march?

gorblud
12-07-2012, 16:47
Hey, if a character leaves a unit, can the unit still march?

it says "It is not permitted to declare a charge of its own, though it can move during Remaining Moves phase" in the rulebook, but is that normal move? including march?

EDIT:

Can more than one character in a unit charge out on the same turn?

Iraf
12-07-2012, 19:36
1. Yes, the unit can march.

2. No, since you declare charges one at a time. The first character declares a charge out of the unit, the unit then is unable to declare a charge. Since all the other characters in the unit are part of the unit, they are unable to charge out.

T10
12-07-2012, 22:07
2. No

Hardly. If a second character in the unit declares a charge then this is not the same as the unit declaring a charge.

In a unit consisting only of characters each character gets to declare a charge since the other characters (wether they have declared a charge yet or not) still make up the "rest of a unit" until chargers are actually moved: their individual charge declarations do not count as the "unit" making a charge declaration.

kefkah
12-07-2012, 22:22
Hardly. If a second character in the unit declares a charge then this is not the same as the unit declaring a charge.

In a unit consisting only of characters each character gets to declare a charge since the other characters (wether they have declared a charge yet or not) still make up the "rest of a unit" until chargers are actually moved: their individual charge declarations do not count as the "unit" making a charge declaration.

Only 1 char can charge out of the unit to have the whole unit unable to declare a charge, even characters, since 2 char is part of unit that is unable to declare a charge.

And you cant have a unit of only chars, as soon as rank and file are gone bgoth are single chars, so then it dosent matter if they charge out or not

And if you move him out of the unit to get him out of the unit,you cant declare a charge with him.

Sum = Cant have 2 chars declare charge on seperate targets or same,only 1 to makeother inegable

Iraf
12-07-2012, 23:20

I'm pretty sure what I said is still correct.

gorblud
13-07-2012, 06:48
What about having 2 characters leave a unit but not charging out then?

Alcibiades
13-07-2012, 09:37
And you cant have a unit of only chars, as soon as rank and file are gone bgoth are single chars, so then it dosent matter if they charge out or not

This is quite simply wrong. Check page 97 of the BRB.

There isn't a firm ruling either way on whether a second character can charge out of a unit once a first has gone, or (if they are allowed to) if the final character of a unit of only characters may charge. I'd lean towards allowing it, personally.

Mid'ean
13-07-2012, 12:09
What about having 2 characters leave a unit but not charging out then?

You can have 2 or more characters leave a unit and then the unit is free to move in the phase

T10
13-07-2012, 17:56
I'm pretty sure what I said is still correct.

It seems we disagree.

It is obvious to me that declaring charges with any number of models in a unit is different from declaring a charge with the actual unit.

Archis
13-07-2012, 22:10
The rule says that units are subject to any restrictions on the character and vice versa. I think the last bit is what says a second character can't charge out after a first.

I do think two characters could charge out of a unit at the same target though because those happen simultaneously but I need to read up on that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

kefkah
13-07-2012, 22:17
This is quite simply wrong. Check page 97 of the BRB.

There isn't a firm ruling either way on whether a second character can charge out of a unit once a first has gone, or (if they are allowed to) if the final character of a unit of only characters may charge. I'd lean towards allowing it, personally.

Yeah you are right! i should have written it better, i meant like 2 characters in a unit, then all rank and file units gets killed and then you have 2 single characters.

I still think you cant, for example, charge out with 2 chars just to bog down 2 units. If thats the case, how come its in the rule that a char is affected by everything in the unit while he is in it? a chars gets the same buff/debuffs while he is in the unit, and when a char charges out he has the same status of not being able to charge out untill he leaves the unit first.

Sime kinda one-way if everything of a char+unit applies but not charing out with multiple characters.

Moss
14-07-2012, 00:48
A character may not declare a charge out of unit if the unit itself is unable to charge.
Having a character charge out of a unit results in the unit itself being left unable to charge.
So... a second character may not charge out of the unit, since the unit itself is now unable to charge.

This is what makes sense to me.