PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up my ogre BSB for survivability

Confessor_Atol
12-07-2012, 18:53
Hi Seers

I have a 2500 point trouny this weekend and I'm looking for some advice on load out for my ogre BSB. He runs in a hoard of bulls with a stubborn slaughtermaster. stubborn with a BSB is pretty important in the army so he needs to stay around.

My current load out is:
heavy armor
Iron fist
Dragon healm
This gives him a 3+/6+ with a 2+ ward against flaming....

Any other ideas?

tmarichards
12-07-2012, 19:02
Dragonhelm + Dawnstone is pretty decent against S5 or lower.

Talisman of Preservation and a cheap magic hand weapon works, or if it's taken up elsewhere you could go with the Armour of Destiny.

If you don't want to go optimal (I noticed that he's in a horde of bulls), you could do something funky like give him the Rampager's Standard for a bit of a change from the usual yawn-fest.

Confessor_Atol
12-07-2012, 19:45
Thanks for the suggestion. dawnstone and dragon helm look pretty sturdy.

My other option is to go with the sword of anti-heros and the loadout I mentioned before. This unit always attracts the attention of characters....

Rudra34
13-07-2012, 01:47
Since an ogre BsB is already one of the most survivable in the game, you don't need to get too crazy. But for a full load-out I'd go heavy armor, enchanted shield, and talisman of preservation. 3+, 4++, and ogre toughness to boot.

tanka
13-07-2012, 08:03
Have to agree with Rudra here.

Darkminion
13-07-2012, 13:19
My loadout is:

Enchanted Shield
Talisman of Endurance
Sword of Striking

He is tough with his T5, 3+ AS and 5+ Wardsave. Besides this he hits most things on 2s and other combat characters on 3s. He is even able to kill ethereals. He has only died once on me and he is allways in the thick of the fighting.

I like this built very much.

D...