PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic take on all comers at 2500pts

Joeman169
12-07-2012, 20:33
I am looking for a list to take on all the nasties. I feel that for Daemons it is Warriors of Chaos(I hate the Chosen Death star...hate hate hate), Ogre Kingdoms(large Ogre units deal some serious Daemon death), and lastly many of the differing shooty armies. Keeper of Secrets is my Favorite and the only Lord i have used for a few years, so i am stepping out of my box a bit. So, here is my list. Differ with my main enemies or my list, all comments are welcomed, and thanks.

Lord of Change...Lvl3, twin heads, and Mastery of Sorcery. I gave him Lore of Metal, I really like this lore and think it is very useful vs many, or even all, armies. Final Transmutation(duh) and Enchanted Blades are favorites.

Herald of Khorne...ABSB, great Icon of Despair, Armor of Khorne, and Firestorm Blade.

Herald of Tzeentch...Spell Breaker, Master of Sorcery, Lore of Light(really digging this Lore in first 2 games)

Pink Horrors...x13, full command, Icon of Sorcery

Bloodletters...x42, full command, Icon of Endless War

Flesh Hounds...x5

Fiends of Slaanesh...x6(stupid fast, good in combat and a great meat shield vs a canon for the LoC)

Flamers...x6

What cha think?

dms505
13-07-2012, 13:21
Split the fiends. You could use more units for flanking and chasing machines and annoying scouts. Also since your going horde adding another unit will allow you more drops before having to place the Letters. Otherwise people are getting wise and will just bog them down or ignore them and place everything on the other end of the table. Possibly even split the flamers. Only 5-6 drops will make it so that they have much more control on deployment and the overall fight because of this.

Also looking again you may be getting a little too expensive on your heroes. Dropping a little her or there you could add a something smaller lie a small unit of furies.

Joeman169
13-07-2012, 21:15
I agree that I need an additional drop or 2. I have actually been considering dropping a Horror or 2, maybe the champion, as well as a few of the Bloodletters so I can add a unit of Furies. I do think that splitting the Flamers may not be bad either. They are fairly tough to shoot at, and in 2 groups of 3 I can split shots up when needed too. If I do both I get 2 additional drops.

The Fiends are a fairly new unit to me. I have always played them in units of 1 or 2 and find they die often and usually very quickly. They are very good at annoying enemies, tracking down war machines and combined with their speed they are a first turn type target. With the second rank, it gives me 2 attempts to stop a cannonball when needed to protect the Magic chicken who will, in those games, be hiding behind them. And with 21 str 4 AP attacks they are a pretty good combat unit. Toss in "Enchanted Blades of Aiban" or even better "Bironas Timewarp" and they are awesome. all that said, I will try them for a few games before I give up on that unit.

Juicy21
14-07-2012, 12:14
just my average bret army for a tourney has like 12 drops. loads of games are won /lost in the deployment face..

ive seen small deamon list do pretty well. you might want to get some points for another unit of boddies aswel.. i dont really know where you can free up some points tho.

LordoftheBrassThrone
17-07-2012, 00:09
if your locals let you, spend an extra 40 points to take fateweaver instead of the LoC. his 3+ ward, which he can reroll once a turn, should be good against cannonballs. plus he's so variable, you can probably drop tube Tzeentch herald.

LordoftheBrassThrone
17-07-2012, 00:47
and horrors are the worst core unit in the daemons book. I'd be taking plaguebearers instead, so much better

HalfBlood
17-07-2012, 02:06
I am looking for a list to take on all the nasties. I feel that for Daemons it is Warriors of Chaos(I hate the Chosen Death star...hate hate hate), Ogre Kingdoms(large Ogre units deal some serious Daemon death), and lastly many of the differing shooty armies. Keeper of Secrets is my Favorite and the only Lord i have used for a few years, so i am stepping out of my box a bit. So, here is my list. Differ with my main enemies or my list, all comments are welcomed, and thanks.

Lord of Change...Lvl3, twin heads, and Mastery of Sorcery. I gave him Lore of Metal, I really like this lore and think it is very useful vs many, or even all, armies. Final Transmutation(duh) and Enchanted Blades are favorites.

Herald of Khorne...ABSB, great Icon of Despair, Armor of Khorne, and Firestorm Blade.

Herald of Tzeentch...Spell Breaker, Master of Sorcery, Lore of Light(really digging this Lore in first 2 games)

Pink Horrors...x13, full command, Icon of Sorcery

Bloodletters...x42, full command, Icon of Endless War

Flesh Hounds...x5

Fiends of Slaanesh...x6(stupid fast, good in combat and a great meat shield vs a canon for the LoC)

Flamers...x6

What cha think?

Ok well lets first look at your Lords.

When playing daemons you have 3 options when creating a competitive list. You run a list with no GD or a list with GUO/BT/LoC. I definitely hate this idea. The second option is to run a KoS , this however is strong but has draw backs, like lack of surviability, low level Wizard. I prefer the third option which includes taking Fateweaver. Fateweaver brings magical dominace that can actually make daemons competitive against all books except skaven. Depending on who you play against, your opponents may not like playing against special characters, or may not like playing against Fateweaver. In this case I would go back to playing with your KoS. Since I run Fateweaver I only play people who are willing to play against him:p.

Heros:
HoK- solid, drop firestorm blade. There are too many items that give the wearer a ward save against flaming attacks.
HoT- solid, I suggest life/shadow

You should try adding the Masque she brings some strong combos with her Dance + GIoD + Fear, or maybe Skulltaker for some strong challenge opposition.

Core:
Bloodletters are solid

Drop Pink Horrors. When running pink horrors you want the unit to be atleast 35+ so you can atleast take advantage of their magical abilities. And even still they are a pretty poor choice. Plaguebearers are bad too because of I 1 is begging to get eaten by a purple sun/ PoS. Daemonettes are solid, they are strong for taking on smaller units. Like DE/HE units. In my 2,500 list I run a unit of 40 Bloodletters and 20 Daemonettes. If you decide to add in daemonettes I encourage you to invest in a HoS with torment blade and SS.

I also encourage you to add in some furies, maybe a unit of 5 for Charge blocking/ warmachine hunting.

Rare:
Flamers are flamers. I always have bad games with them, so I say limit yourself to 1 unit of 6. Other players may say 2 units of 6 though.

Keep fiends in small units. 2 at most. I run 2 fiends in separate units just for chargeblocking/ warmachine hunting. They are extremely annoying to play against.

Juicy21
18-07-2012, 11:35
i would recommend playing without any special chars tho.. my opinion is that most of them doesnt make the game that mutch better and its always cool to make your own character.. facing fateweaver ore teclis aint that fun to play against but a common lord with items/gifts from your book i feel is more fair to play against. Sinds special characters are for the most part stronger then the common lord u can build.

i wouldnt make my list with a special char tho. Neither would i recommend it. but it depends on how your oppenent feels about special chars tho.

Joeman169
19-07-2012, 22:04
Thanks for the input guys, I have revamped my list and had a really good game vs a good Skaven player. Fateweaver is not allowed in the tournaments I am preparing for. Here is my new list, see what you think of it now.

Main questions now for me are.....
Herald of Tzeentch...where do I put him, In with tiny Horror unit, or put in the Flamer unit and slow em down a bit?
Horror unit....I kinda like the channelling rolls, and maybe a home for the ABSB, but is there a better unit for this list?
Blue Scribes....a worthwhile unit? Seems cheap enough all in all and if he dies not a whole lot lost.
Herald on Steed of Slaanesh...along with most of the army, very fast. Tricksy good or tricksy bad idea, Vanguard and Siren song?

Lord of Change, lvl3, twin heads, master of Sorc and will be using lore of Life.

Herald of Tzeentch, ABSB, Great Icon of Despair, spell breaker, master of Sorc and using lore of light
Blue scribes
Herald of Slaanesh, steed of Slaanesh, siren song, allure of Slaanesh

Furies x5
Pink Horrors x10
Bloodletters x39

Seekers of Slaanesh x6, STD, siren standard
Fiends of Slaanesh x6
Flamers x5

-Totenkopf-
19-07-2012, 22:13
2 x HoK
1 x HoT with master of Sorcery

100 bloodletters 2 or 3 units
6 x flamers
6x fiends any orientation you like

130pts left over for whatever you wish

HalfBlood
21-07-2012, 00:49
i would recommend playing without any special chars tho.. my opinion is that most of them doesnt make the game that mutch better and its always cool to make your own character.. facing fateweaver ore teclis aint that fun to play against but a common lord with items/gifts from your book i feel is more fair to play against. Sinds special characters are for the most part stronger then the common lord u can build.

i wouldnt make my list with a special char tho. Neither would i recommend it. but it depends on how your oppenent feels about special chars tho.

Your version of fun is different then my version of "fun" which is completely fine with me. I am a competitive person and so is my group. They are completely fine with me bringing Fateweaver and we still have fun games.

HalfBlood
21-07-2012, 00:50
2 x HoK
1 x HoT with master of Sorcery

100 bloodletters 2 or 3 units
6 x flamers
6x fiends any orientation you like

130pts left over for whatever you wish

This list would be destroyed in the magic phase. No level 4's in a 2,500 point game.

-Totenkopf-
27-07-2012, 23:57
not really needed... 130 pts to throw in a scroll and another caster.. or blue scribes.. lots of things to add.. GD's are terrible lvl 4 choices and are very quickly dealt with whenever I, or anyone in my gaming group faces them..

magic resistance keeps the bulk of your fighting force relatively safe and bloodletters has a natural resistance to most of the nasty vortex spells