PDA

View Full Version : Design an Aspect

Icewalker
07-06-2005, 01:18
Hello

I was thinking that perhaps since the Eldar haven't been revamped in centuries, I thought that we should create a design an aspect competition or something like that. Users will vote on their faves and then that it. NO HELP ON THE FORUMS FROM OTHER PPL THOUGH ON YOUR ASPECT WARRIOR!

Sound like a good idea? If so, say so and then perhaps we can something started up.

IW

PS. Include exarch powers, fluff and rules plz.
PSS. Plz make your subject the name of ur aspect warrior.

Icewalker
07-06-2005, 03:27
Just to get the ball rolling, here's one of mine. They are the Black Mantes. (keep in mind that you have to read the stats very carefully).

Black Mantes
Pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Black Mantis 24 4 4 4 3 1 5 1(2) 9 +
Black Mantis Exarch 15 5 5 4 3 2 6 2(3) 9 3+
Squad: 3-7 Black Mantes

Weapons/Wargear: Black Mantis Mantle, Dark Shamshir, Glove-mounted Twin-Linked Shuriken Pistols.

Exarch: The Exarch may be given a Deathbane at 25 pts, and may have any of the following Exarch powers: Rigid Discipline (15) and Surprise Assault (20).

SPECIAL RULES:
Cameoline Cloak: Gain 1+ to coversaves.

Dark Shamshir: A Dark Shamshir is a potent two handed power weapon. They confer 1+ strength on the turn that they charge on.

Glove Mounted Twin-LInked Shuriken PIstol: The Shuriken Pistols are built into the left glove of the Black Mantes allowing them to use it as a pistol in close combat and as a weapon in the shooting phase. The Black Mantes count as having 2 close combat weapons for the purpose of close-combat. It shoots with the following profile.
Rng: 12" Str: 4 AP: 5 Pistol (twin-linked)

Deathbane: The Deathbane is an enourmous Power weapon. It confers 2+ to the bearer’s strength and is two handed. The Glove-Mounted Shuriken Pistols may still be used.

Rigid Discipline: The unit is fearless from the Rigid Discipline enforced in the units of Black Mantes.

Transport: The Black Mantes may take a Wave Serpent Transport at 120 points.

Puffin Magician
07-06-2005, 10:50
Well I have to say, I really think those need to be toned down. 3+ save but can still Fleet? Powerweapons and a catapult with +1s, +50% range and Rending over the basic ShurCat? If they're an Assault Aspect, seriously tone down the weapon [twinlinked-Shuriken Pistol, to differentiate them from Banshees], or make them a shoot-on-the-run Aspect and drop the assault capability, which would be an interesting alternative to Dark Reapers.

Ws4, Bs4, s3, t3, w1, i5, a1, Ld9, Sv4+
Give them your Shuriken Rifle, and change the Shroud to the cameleoline cloaks worn by Rangers, which offer +1 to cover saves.
Say... ~20pts? I think that's more balanced.

I think it's difficult to create new Aspects without getting too close to the existing ones, or going completely over the top with all sorts of abilities and powerful weaponry. Something that exemplifies the predominant Eldar tactic of striking fast, hard, and then disappearing [which the Tau seem to have achieved better with their Battlesuit rules] would be IMO perfect. Here's a quick idea of mine:

Guardians of Asuryan - 19pts Ws4, Bs4, s3, t3, w1, i5, a1, Ld9, Sv4+
Guardians of Asur. Ex. - +14pts Ws5, Bs5, s3, t3, w1, i6, a2, Ld9, Sv3+
Squad: The squad consists of between 5 and 10 Guardians.
Weapons: Shuriken Catapult, Jet Packs [not Jump Packs!].
Options: The whole squad may be armed with Plasma and Haywire Grenades for +3pts per model.
Character: One model in the squad may be upgaded to an Exarch for +14pts. The Exarch may be armed with a Shuriken Cannon for +20pts or Powerblades for +10pts.
The Exarch may be given the following powers: Fast Shot +6pts; Crushing Blow +10pts.

Charax
07-06-2005, 11:44
And what aspects of Khaine do these represent? Khaine's blessed insect collection? Khaine's pet tigers?

Incidentally, this is why I dont like Warp Spiders either.

Icewalker
07-06-2005, 11:46
Well I have to say, I really think those need to be toned down. 3+ save but can still Fleet? Powerweapons and a catapult with +1s, +50% range and Rending over the basic ShurCat? If they're an Assault Aspect, seriously tone down the weapon [twinlinked-Shuriken Pistol, to differentiate them from Banshees], or make them a shoot-on-the-run Aspect and drop the assault capability, which would be an interesting alternative to Dark Reapers.

Ws4, Bs4, s3, t3, w1, i5, a1, Ld9, Sv4+
Give them your Shuriken Rifle, and change the Shroud to the cameleoline cloaks worn by Rangers, which offer +1 to cover saves.
Say... ~20pts? I think that's more balanced.

I think it's difficult to create new Aspects without getting too close to the existing ones, or going completely over the top with all sorts of abilities and powerful weaponry. Something that exemplifies the predominant Eldar tactic of striking fast, hard, and then disappearing [which the Tau seem to have achieved better with their Battlesuit rules] would be IMO perfect. Here's a quick idea of mine:

Guardians of Asuryan - 19pts Ws4, Bs4, s3, t3, w1, i5, a1, Ld9, Sv4+
Guardians of Asur. Ex. - +14pts Ws5, Bs5, s3, t3, w1, i6, a2, Ld9, Sv3+
Squad: The squad consists of between 5 and 10 Guardians.
Weapons: Shuriken Catapult, Jet Packs [not Jump Packs!].
Options: The whole squad may be armed with Plasma and Haywire Grenades for +3pts per model.
Character: One model in the squad may be upgaded to an Exarch for +14pts. The Exarch may be armed with a Shuriken Cannon for +20pts or Powerblades for +10pts.
The Exarch may be given the following powers: Fast Shot +6pts; Crushing Blow +10pts.
Puffin Magi, I appreciate your help, but DON'T HELP ANYONE.

Puffin Magician
07-06-2005, 17:58
No offense was intended, and I wasn't trying to ruin your idea, but I believe it's better to have a cheaper, more balanced unit than a squad of super-eldar running around with power weapons and toned-down burst cannons.

It's the same reason many people dislike the Vehicle Design rules, there's nothing to stop people from creating ridiculous uberunits other than the player's own common sense and respect for the background.

Kjell
07-06-2005, 18:45
And what aspects of Khaine do these represent? Khaine's blessed insect collection? Khaine's pet tigers?

Incidentally, this is why I dont like Warp Spiders either.
Some Craftworlds could interpret the aspects of Khaine in different ways? The same general idea, only a different outcome. Kind of like how the Chaos Gods have several names and specific symbols on different worlds, yet are always associated with a few basic ideals.

On Craftworld Ab the fast and precise aspect is represented by, erm, The Mobile Mangos whle on Craftworld Ba the same aspect is represented by The Hopping Hoolas. You get the point. :p These would, of course, be fairly small Craftworlds a way off from most others. The hillbillies and rednecks of the Eldar Craftworlders, if you will. How else would they have such an obscure aspect temple? ;)

Icewalker
07-06-2005, 20:08
No offense was intended, and I wasn't trying to ruin your idea, but I believe it's better to have a cheaper, more balanced unit than a squad of super-eldar running around with power weapons and toned-down burst cannons.

It's the same reason many people dislike the Vehicle Design rules, there's nothing to stop people from creating ridiculous uberunits other than the player's own common sense and respect for the background.
I know no offense was meant and I am not offended. BTW, I see that you are using what I called you (Puffin Magi). Just try not to do it again if we do get a little competition rolling, which is what I hope for.

Pzyko
10-06-2005, 21:24
A unit i would like would be like this:

Thunder Eagles Pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Thunder Eagles 20 5 4 4 3 1 5 2 9 +3
Thunder Exarch 15 6 5 4 3 2 5 3 9 +3/+4
Squad: 4-6 Thunder Eagles.

EQ: Deep strike, Plasma grenades, Power blades,cc weapons, shuriken pistol.
Exarch Powers & EQ: Supprise Assult, may exchange his power weapon and pistol for a Thunder Exequtioner +2 strenght, ignorce armor saves +1 Initive.

I think i made a over powered unit but i´ll let u decide... =P

Hlokk
22-06-2005, 12:25
Just to get the ball rolling, here's one of mine. They are the Black Mantes. (keep in mind that you have to read the stats very carefully).

Black Mantes
Black Mantis 24 4 4 4 3 1 5 1(2) 9 +
Black Mantis Exarch 15 5 5 4 3 2 6 2(3) 9 3+
Squad: 3-7 Black Mantes

Weapons/Wargear: Black Mantis Mantle, Dark Shamshir, Glove-mounted Twin-Linked Shuriken Pistols.

Exarch: The Exarch may be given a Deathbane at 25 pts, and may have any of the following Exarch powers: Rigid Discipline (15) and Surprise Assault (20).

SPECIAL RULES:
Cameoline Cloak: Gain 1+ to coversaves.

Dark Shamshir: A Dark Shamshir is a potent two handed power weapon. They confer 1+ strength on the turn that they charge on.

Glove Mounted Twin-LInked Shuriken PIstol: The Shuriken Pistols are built into the left glove of the Black Mantes allowing them to use it as a pistol in close combat and as a weapon in the shooting phase. The Black Mantes count as having 2 close combat weapons for the purpose of close-combat. It shoots with the following profile.
Rng: 12" Str: 4 AP: 5 Pistol (twin-linked)

Deathbane: The Deathbane is an enourmous Power weapon. It confers 2+ to the bearer’s strength and is two handed. The Glove-Mounted Shuriken Pistols may still be used.

Rigid Discipline: The unit is fearless from the Rigid Discipline enforced in the units of Black Mantes.

Transport: The Black Mantes may take a Wave Serpent Transport at 120 points.

dude, i really dont get what your trying to achieve with this unit. Each aspect covers a distinct role in the eldar army, ie:

Howling banshees: Fash shock troops
Striking scorpions: heavy assault troops
Swooping Hawks: Mobile firepower

Problem is matey, these dont fit into a distinct role. They seem to be a hodgepodge of the best bits of aspect warriors thrown into the mix .

I mean, a unit of these is at I5, with S4 power weapons, which is way too overpowered. On top of that, the armour save is too high. Eldar are supposed to be a fragile army that need coordination and fluidity to get the best out of them. Fielding a unit like this removes the need for howling banshees and striking scorpions. Why bother taking either when we can take these uber troops with no disadvantages and the advanatages of both aspects? Hell, lets give them assault 15 lascannons while were at it!!! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, i dont have a problem with people developing new units that are characterful and have a bit of background to to it. But there is a problem when people develop overpowered units like this.

Comissar_Severinus
23-06-2005, 08:42
What about this unit:

The Avengers of Khaine (don't like the name, but can't think of anything else :p)
------------------------------------------------------------
These are the aspect warriors that embody Khaine's endless thirst for revenge. Since it's quite difficult to kill a god -Slaanesh, watch out, you're next :D-, the Avengers dedicate themselves to the slaying of daemons. They carry ancient weapons capable of destroying the very essence of warp creatures and train for centuries to endure madness and temptation.

Avenger - 20 pts WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I5 A1 Ld10 Sv4+
Avenger Exarch - +15 pts WS5 BS5 S3 T3 W1 I6 A2 Ld10 Sv4+

Squad: 3-7 Avengers
Equipment: Shuriken pistol, warp blades, plasma grenades, jet packs :D
Options: The whole squad may have warp-disruptors for +3ts per model.
Character: One model in the squad may be upgraded to an Exarch for +15 pts. The Exarch may be given the following powers: crushing blow +10 pts, daemonhunter +10 pts. If given the daemonhunter power, he may exchange all his weapons for an Executioner blade (power weapon, +2S, etc) for +10 pts.

Warp blades: These ignore invulnerable saves, but not armour saves :p. The Avengers have two additional attacks in CC, instead of the usual 1 for having an additional weapon.
Warp-disruptors: Any daemon attacking a model with warp-disruptors counts has having half his usual WS, rounding up.
Daemonhunter: The Exarch may repeat any failed to-wound rolls when fighting daemons.
Slaanesh: When fighting Daemonettes or Keepers of Secrets, -these eldar- always hit on a 3+, regardless WS. Sadly, these daemons will hit them on a 3+, too!

The_Chaos_Seer
27-06-2005, 21:14
Shadow Vypers wear black armor draped in long cloaks that produce a darkness making them difficult to target from far away. At night, they are virtually impossible to shoot at until it's too late. In combat they dance around their enemies with light phase blades. Their exarch can wield a powerful sword called the Distortion Blade which warps matter of all forms, and can destroy the toughest opponents. Their offhand weapon is not, in fact, a shuriken pistol, but a bladed version of the pistol as their offhand weapon. It's just as effective.

Shadow Vyper
Vyper/Exarch
Pts: 24/+16
Ws: 4/5
Bs: 4/5
S: 3/3
T: 3/3
W: 1/1
I: 5/6
A: 2/3
Ld: 8/9
Sv: 4+/3+

Equipment: Shadow Blade, Shadow Cloaks, Shuriken Pistol.

Squads: 5-10

Options: The entire squad may be armed with plasma grenades for +1 pt per model and haywire grenades for +4 pts per model. One member in the squad may be upgraded to an exarch for +16 pts. Along with the stats increase, they gain the following options: Power Sword +5 pts, Distorion Blade +20 pts, Night Field Generator +25 pts, Distract +15 pts, Infiltrate +20 pts.
Special Rules:

Shadow Blade: The Shadow Blade is a special blade that is made to warp armor allowing for easier armor-piercing abilities without sacrificing ease of creation and wielding. The blade counts armor saves better then 4+ as 4+.

Distortion Blade: The Distortion Blade is a far more powerful version of the Shadow Blade, but is larger and more unwieldy. It's a two-handed sword that ignores armor saves and automatically wounds on a 4+. Against vehicles, the bearer gets 2D6 AP instead of 1D6.

Shadow Cloaks: The Shadow Vypers armor is draped with dark cloaks that shadow them from enemy vision. An enemy needs to be 6" closer then normal when calculatng range for firing guns. In close combat, their enemies Ws is cut in half due to the disorientation of fighting in the dark.

Hidden Deployment: Like the Mandrakes hidden deployment.

Nightfield Generator: The Nightfield generator creates a large-scale viel of darkness that, when combined with the Shadow Vypers Shadow Cloaks, makes them very difficult to target and fight. All enemies count the Shadow Vypers as being part of a nightfight scenario. Also, all members of the squad are hit on a 6+ in close combat, unless the unit in combat has equipment that negate or improve nightfighting penalties.

Because of their nature as stalkers, they may not take transport vehicles of any kind, nor may any independant character join the unit.

The_Chaos_Seer
27-06-2005, 22:23
Icewind Tiger

The Aspect of the Icewind Tiger took a vow to use nothing but the most basic forms of technology. Their armor is simply wraithbone, not re-enforced with any technology, and their Frost Claws are the only items that use electricity or crystalline technology. They alter the temperature of foes to the point where they become stunned and their reaction time drops significantly.

Icewind Tiger
Tiger/Exarch
Pts: 24/+24
Ws: 4/6
Bs: ---
A: 1/3
Sv: 5+(i)/5+(i)

Equipment: Frost Claws.

Squads: 5-10

Options: The entire squad may be armed with plasma grenades for +1 pt per model and haywire grenades for +4 pts per model. One member in the squad may be upgraded to an exarch for +16 pts. One tiger may be upgraded to an Exarch for +16 pts. He may replace his Frost Claws with Soul Reapers for +10 pts. He may take Sustained Assault for +20 pts, and crushing blow for +20 pts.

Special Rules

Frost Claws: Icewind Tigers have forsaken all but the most basic weaponry. Frost Claws are razor sharp claws that count as a pair of close combat weapons, but any model wounded and not killed are forced to go last next turn. This does not effect any model with an toughness of 5 or higher as their mass is too much for the frost claws to effect.

Terrain Mastery: Frost Tigers are masters of swiftly moving up and down terrain with little difficulty. They roll 3D6 and choose the highest when travelling in difficult terrain, and 1D6 when attempting to cross vertically impassible terrain.

Fearful: Frost Tigers in combat are ferocious, tearing apart their enemies with a near barbarian rage. Enemies in close combat get -1 to their Ld.

Combat Dodge: Frost tigers are experts at dodging in combat. In close combat, they have a 5+ invunerable save. This is NOT against shooting attacks

Sprinters: The Frost Tigers are incredibly fast, even for Eldar standards. They roll 2D6 when using fleet of foot and choose the highest.

Soul Reapers: Soul Reapers wraithbone has been set in such a way that it attempts to pull the soul of his opponent out into the warp. It counts as a pair of frost claw power weapons (+1 attack, ignore armor, stuns).

Because they have rejected the use of all but the most basic technology, Icewind Tigers may never take transports.

EDIT:
I took Grey-Knights advice (most of it, anyawys). I toned down stats and rules significantly. I did not remove the stunning rule with Frost Claws, but I made it so that it can't effect anything too big, making them good MC-stalkers.

Artemis_Quinn
28-06-2005, 06:32
(counts as Fast Attack OR Elites)

(0-2) Blink Moths.... 26 pnts

Blink Moth/Exarch
Bs: 3/4
Str: 3
To: 3
W: 1
I: 4/5
A: 1/2
Sv:4+(I)

Squad size: 1 exarch and between 2 and 4 other Blink moths

Equipment:
Blink Moth: (x1) Bright pistol, Blink Cloaks, Crysalis sword.
Exarch: (x1) Bright Pistol, Blink Cloak, Crysalis sword.

Options: one model may be upgraded to an exarch for an additional +16 pnts, he may be given one of the following exarch powers: Tank Hunter (18pnts), Fast shot (15 pnts), or withdraw (20 pnts)

Special Rules:

Bright Pistols: Rng: 12" Str: 7 Ap: 5 Special: Pistol, lance weapon
Bright pistols were intended for taking out tanks that are so eager to harm the children of Khain, so, he has blessed his Blink Moths with Bright pistols to combat such threats. (not meant for troopers and that is why the lousy ap 5 was granted)

Blink Cloaks: The blink moths phase in and out of existance continuously, this makes them harder to hit in all circumstances. As such they are granted a constant 4+ inv. save....... when in cover this is increased to a 3+ but will not get better than that. In combat situations the enemy is often stunned and amazed by such movements, so they subtract 1 from their weapon skill and initiative. (due to difficulty, and disheartening of your weapon passing through something to no effect)

Oober infiltrators: The Blink moths are adept at infiltration, it's their niche. As such they may ALWAYS infiltrate and may do so up to 6" away from any enemies, because they are really good at getting extremely close undetected.

Crysalis sword: This sword that only the few who survive their training to become Blink moths attain counts as a power weapon (one handed, so can be used with pistol), in addition on tanks the weilder can choose to use 2 hands and due to it's ever changing/warping nature it counts as a re-usuable melta bomb ( yet again, just against tanks).

Blessed Children of Khain: In any battle where the blink moths are present an avatar must also be present.

Very Tricky: The blink moths are very adept at the art of deception and as such when trying to assault the blink moths they move in such a way that the assaulting unit must take a Ld test or subtract D6" from their assault move. They make the assaulting unit think that there is no threat in that direction, disheartening them. (Note: the assaulting units, were they in range and fail because of this roll still move the leftovers, to represent them checking out the area, but thinking that their mind is playing tricks on them)

Well, i hope you like the stealthy tank-hunting assassin unit of Khain. I think the unit isn't too over powered but has a definite purpose. But you can be the judge of that. I'm still thinking Blink Moth sounds really familiar, but i can't think of anywhere that it's used, and it does fit in with the naming theme of most of the aspect warriors (verb/ + animal/"living" thing....... ex Howling Banshees, striking Scorpions, fire (it moves, ok) Dragons).

Hope they win this "vote" *fingers crossed*

The_Chaos_Seer
28-06-2005, 17:46
(counts as Fast Attack OR Elites)

(0-2) Blink Moths.... 26 pnts

Blink Moth/Exarch
Bs: 3/4
Str: 3
To: 3
W: 1
I: 4/5
Sv:4+(I)

Squad size: 1 exarch and between 2 and 4 other Blink moths

Equipment:
Blink Moth: (x1) Bright pistol, Blink Cloaks, Crysalis sword.
Exarch: (x1) Bright Pistol, Blink Cloak, Crysalis sword.

Options: one model may be upgraded to an exarch for an additional +16 pnts, he may be given one of the following exarch powers: Tank Hunter (18pnts), Fast shot (15 pnts), or withdraw (20 pnts)

Special Rules:

Bright Pistols: Rng: 12" Str: 7 Ap: 5 Special: Pistol, lance weapon
Bright pistols were intended for taking out tanks that are so eager to harm the children of Khain, so, he has blessed his Blink Moths with Bright pistols to combat such threats. (not meant for troopers and that is why the lousy ap 5 was granted)

Blink Cloaks: The blink moths phase in and out of existance continuously, this makes them harder to hit in all circumstances. As such they are granted a constant 4+ inv. save....... when in cover this is increased to a 3+ but will not get better than that. In combat situations the enemy is often stunned and amazed by such movements, so they subtract 1 from their weapon skill and initiative. (due to difficulty, and disheartening of your weapon passing through something to no effect)

Oober infiltrators: The Blink moths are adept at infiltration, it's their niche. As such they may ALWAYS infiltrate and may do so up to 6" away from any enemies, because they are really good at getting extremely close undetected.

Crysalis sword: This sword that only the few who survive their training to become Blink moths attain counts as a power weapon (one handed, so can be used with pistol), in addition on tanks the weilder can choose to use 2 hands and due to it's ever changing/warping nature it counts as a re-usuable melta bomb ( yet again, just against tanks).

Blessed Children of Khain: In any battle where the blink moths are present an avatar must also be present.

Very Tricky: The blink moths are very adept at the art of deception and as such when trying to assault the blink moths they move in such a way that the assaulting unit must take a Ld test or subtract D6" from their assault move. They make the assaulting unit think that there is no threat in that direction, disheartening them. (Note: the assaulting units, were they in range and fail because of this roll still move the leftovers, to represent them checking out the area, but thinking that their mind is playing tricks on them)

Well, i hope you like the stealthy tank-hunting assassin unit of Khain. I think the unit isn't too over powered but has a definite purpose. But you can be the judge of that. I'm still thinking Blink Moth sounds really familiar, but i can't think of anywhere that it's used, and it does fit in with the naming theme of most of the aspect warriors (verb/ + animal/"living" thing....... ex Howling Banshees, striking Scorpions, fire (it moves, ok) Dragons).

Hope they win this "vote" *fingers crossed*

Wow... This thing is a bit over powered. Here are my suggestions:

Make it ONLY fast attack or elites. And I'd go with the latter.
Bs: Typical of Aspect Warriors (4/5 instead of 3/4)
Squad: Make it 2-5, without the manditory Exarch.
Options: Give them the option to take Plasma Grenades and Haywire, and give the Exarch weapon options, maybe a bright lance, or an anti-tank sword, or a thunder hammer, but more Eldary.

Bright Pistols: Don't alter the AP of a bright weapon. It should have AP: 2. Cheap, but you don't just do that. It makes no sense to have an anti-tank weapon not good against lesser armor. Another idea is to give them a short-range rifle version of the Bright Lance.

Blink Cloaks: This is something that wierds me out. When I first thought of Blink Moths, I thought of something that would move quickly, similar to the Warp Spiders. Instead, make the Blink Cloak act as a Phase Shifter (Moves 3D6" in the movement phase, no FoF.) They aren't fast enough to use pistols to take out tanks. Instead of the Inv save, make them have a base 4+ cover save.

Crysalis sword: Interesting idea, but it dosn't seem fitting. Drop it, I say, and take the Bright Lance Rifle or whatever.

Blessed Children of Khaine: Drop it entirly. All aspects are blessed children of Khaine.

Very Tricky: Drop it as well. Blink Cloaks won't do anything for you when the enemy is so very close. Neither will natural skills in stealth and deciet.

Grey-Knight
03-07-2005, 17:24
Veil Stalkers

Pts: 20pts/model
Stalker/Exarch
Ws:4/5
Bs: 4/5
Ld: 9/10
Sv: 5+(i)/5+(i)

Unit size: Between 3 and 10 Veil stalkers may be taken as an elites choice
Equipment: Veil generators, shuriken catapults, Stalkers Talons.

Options: One model may be upgraded to a Exarch (+15 pts), Up to two models can replace their shuriken catapults with fusion blasters (+5pts/model) or flamers (+4pts/model), The exarch may be armed with a shuriken pistol and power weapon (+10 pts) and may be given the exarch powers Master of infiltration (+10pts) and/or Suprise assault (+25 pts)

Transport: Veil Stalkers prefer to stalk their prey then to ride in a noisy transport, they may not ride in any transport.

Rules/Equipment:
Infiltrate.
Master of Infiltration: May always infiltrate, even if scenario does not normally allow it.
Veil Generator: This distorts the Veil Stalkers position, making them hard to hit, all models count as having a 5+ invulnerable save.
Stalkers Talons: A ceremonial weapon carried by all void stalkers, any roll of 6 to hit ignores armor saves if it wounds

Fluff: A very secrative order of the eldar way of the warrior, few follow this dangerous path for it leads to much hardship and seperation from the rest of the eldar culture. The warriors who do follow the path of the veil stalker are brooding and dark individuals who keep to themselves and do not interact with anyone outside their kin. They are the assassins of the eldar, under the guidance of the exarchs who commune with the Lord of the aspect shrine. The lord is the only one who speaks to another eldar, and the only eldar he speaks to is the farseers of the craftworld. He sends his exarchs and their warriors on dangerous missions, ahead of the craftworld to elimate enemy officers and distort the army before the main eldar attack occurs. They use darkness and fear to make themselves wraiths to their opponents before finishing them with their shuriken catapults or Stalkers Talons.

Jewtastic!
03-07-2005, 20:17
I like the Veil Stalkers. Very balanced. But for 20 points they could have a 4+ AS to stand up to bolter fire a little better.

The_Chaos_Seer
03-07-2005, 20:37
Why do they need that? They still get their save Vs. bolter fire (unless it's Greyknights and their psycannon bolts).

No one wants to judge my Aspect Shrines :cries:

Grey-Knight
04-07-2005, 01:23
I like the Veil Stalkers. Very balanced. But for 20 points they could have a 4+ AS to stand up to bolter fire a little better.

well, the theme behind them is that they would ambush the enemy before they had a chance to shoot, but thanks for thinking them balanced :p :D

@Chaos_Seer- Alright, i'll give a shot at judging your Icewind tigers, we'll start at the points cost, for all their abilities, we're looking at 50+ points per model not 18... they are severly underpriced for all the special rules they are given and the obscenely high stats they are given.

Onto the stats. WS 5 is to high for their point cost, balance it out by making them WS 4 and exarch can remain 6, so he's kinda uber but thats ok. Initative is also to high drop to 5 and exarch to 6. I would dare to increase their strength 4 to upset them not having guns. Now lets get onto attacks.... hmm... lets see.... 3 is WAAAAAAAAAY to many drop it to 1, maybe if you feel like you want to push it 2 ... that will be 3 normally (2 CCW) and 4 on charge...., which isnt bad at all. the saves should be 4+ all around, as they have no eldar technology asside from wraithbone.

As for the upgrades drop defend, it has no purpose there as it appears the theme of your unit is agression not defense. Also drop suprise assault as its hard to miss the eldar running forward screaming with no weapons save for claws. Maybe give the exarch ability crushing blow to the roster to represent the exarch being a very very powerful individual.

Well, now we go to the last thing to critique but alas the longest.... the special rules.... Frost claws... to powerful, maybe have it be if they dont die but take a wound they are at -1 initative for next round...terrain mastery should turn into something like scout AKA they get 3d6 in difficult terrain and maybe add in they get 2d6 in impassable terrain. Fearful is fine as is. Drop combat dodge entirely, completely overpowering. Sprinters should be dummed down, turn it into something like they move like cav. AKA 9" move and 9" assault. Soul Reapers are fine as they are. Flash Claws, drop them, out of place as they would be very high level of tech. and they are overpowering... even when you dumbed down his attacks he would have 6-7 attacks on the charge.

With all the recommended changes they would still run somewhere around 25-30 points per model.

thats my two cents

Yrandrasil
16-12-2005, 14:34
I like the Veil Stalkers also... as my idea is sort of similar!

Soul Terrors

Soul Terrors represent the psychological effect of warfare on your opponents. They use subterfuge and panic to instill a sense of dread in their opponents.

20 4 4 3 3 1 4 1 9 4+
+11 5 5 3 3 2 5 2 9 4+

Weapons/Wargear: Shadow Mantle, Shuriken Pistol, Dread Visor, CCW

The entire squad may be equipped with Plasma Grenades at 2pts per model.

Exarch Abilities: Crushing Blow (10) Confound (15)

Exarch Equipment: Powerblades (10), Soulblade (25)

Special Rules:
Shadow Mantle: The Shadow Mantle obscures the images and presence of the warriors on the battlefield, allowing them to move to forward positions with ease. The squad is able to infiltrate, even when the scenario does not allow it.

Dread Visor: Similar to masks utilized by the harlequins, these visors utilizes psychic amplifications to display images that spread fear and panic in an opponent. Any models within 6” of a Soul Terror will be at –1 Ld. In addition, if the Soul Terrors lose a close combat, the winning models may not pursue, though they may consolidate as normal

Confound: The exarch is adept at utilizing all of his preternatural speed and ability to beguile his opponents; seeming to be at many place at once. In HTH, the squad is never counted as being outnumbered.

Soulblade: The Soulblade utilizes a wraithbone blade with a psychoreactive crystal structure allowing the Exarch to channel his fury into the weapon. On a to wound roll of six the blade is considered to inflict instant-death to its opponent, though normal armour saves may be taken.

Transport: Soul Terrors may not be transported in a vehicle of any type

Wraithbored
23-12-2005, 12:45
The Storm Bringers

Also like the howling banshees they are predominantly a female aspect, they represent Khaine as the vanquisher of weak unworthy enemies.

pts/m WS BS S T I W A Ld Sv.
22 3 4 3 3 5 1 1 9 4+
Exarch
+18pts 3 5 3 3 5 1 2 9 3+
Squad: 5-10 stormbringers
Weapons: the Storm bringers utilise a miniaturised version of the scatter laser
it has the following profile
Stormbringer scatter laser: range 18" str.4 ap.6. Assault d3
One squad member may be upgraded to an exarch.
The exarch may be equipped either with or a shuriken pistol and power weapon at +8pts or a a Foescatterer at +12 pts.
Foescatterer: range 24" Str. 5 Ap. 4 Assault d3

The exarch may be given the following exarch powers Enhanced Volley(+16pts) the exarch and her squad may add +1 to the number of shots per model (max. is still 3!) and Suppresive shot( the target squad must take a pinning test if it takes any casualties from the storm bringers) only ONE of these powers may be used per turn.

Transport: the squad may be mounted in a Wave serpent

Storm Bringers count as a heavy support choice on the force organisation chart.

General Samuel of the 101
29-12-2005, 23:26
The Shining Swords
They are the Shining Knights of Khaine,Representing The Aspect of Honour of Khaine
1 and 1 HQ Choice in a Eldar army(Cant be the Compulsory HQ Choice),1 Elite in a Biel Tan Army
WS BS S T I W A LD Sv
5 3 4 3 5 2 2 10 3+
Cost=45
+20 for a Exarch
Exarch stats
5 3 4 4 6 2 3 10 3+
A Shining Swords Squad is between 2-5 Warriors
Weapons and Equipment=Blades of Khaine,May have Plasma Grenades at +3 for model,Exarch May exchange the Blade of Khaine for a Ulthamar Blade at +35,Can Have Exarch Powers of Surprise Assault or/and Furius Attack at +20(Squad and Exarch gains the Universal Rule Furius Charge)
Blades of Khaine=Two-Handed Power Weapons that give 2+ str and +1 Attack
Ulthamar Blade=Counts as a Two-Handed Force Weapon that gives 2+Str and +1 Attack

chumchu
02-01-2006, 13:38
I like the idea of the stormscatterers but i think they should be cheaper or better because they are very fragile and only have 2 S4 shots per model. And maybe a move to the elite section could be good.

Grey-Knight
02-01-2006, 16:16
@General Samuel of the 101: your shining swords are blatent rip offs of grey knight terminators but yet different in the ways of the armor save, they have pistols that are almost as good as storm bolters and so in still having 2 shots give an extra attack in close combat, to be perfectly honest this is one of the most broken aspects i have seen to date (no offense, just keep working on it)

Bob The Hungry Hobo
02-01-2006, 17:14
The Twilight Panthers. ( Always counts as 2 Elite choices)

The Twilight Panthers are the Incarnation of Khaine's Tactical Genius and are a somewhat recent Aspect, though many sighting have been recorded long before their initial discovery!

Unit: 5-10.

Twilight Panther: 38 Points.
WS BS S T I W A LD Sv
5 4 3 3 5 1 2 9 4+

Exarch: +12 Points.
WS BS S T I W A LD Sv
6 4 3 3 6 1 3 10 4+

Equipment;

Shadow Blades:Shadow Blades are solid pair of discs made out of Wraithbone, charged with energy from small crystals implanted into the edge of the blade. These can be thrown; able to slice through the toughest armour and bone alike; before returning to the bearers hand. In close combat, the bearer is able to weild them with devasting presicion. They act like an extension of the arm and each sweep of the bearers hand often spells doom for their opponant!

Shadow Blades can be thrown in the shooting phase with the profile below, or used in the Assault Phase as a pair of Close Combat Weapons (bonus included above), which acts like a Witch Blade.

Name Range Str AP Type
Shadow Blade 12" 3 3 Assault 2

Special Rules:
Fleet of Foot: As in Codex Eldar.
Infiltrate: The unit can infiltrate if the misson allows it.

Exarch Powers:

Flick of the Wrist:15 Points. The Eaxarch gains the Rending ability.(this applies to Shooting and Close Combat.

Painting: The Twilight Panthers armour is a mix of dark Purple and Blue on a Black undersuit.

(not very fluffy and most possibly overpowered, but okay for a 'spur of the moment' idea.)

librerian_samae
02-01-2006, 20:22
The idea with these are a light, fast moving anti elite infantry/vehicle removal squad, I'm no idea how balanced they are, and would like some feed back in order to improve them.

Wich nimbus aspect

The wich nimbus aspect shrine is unusual in that they are dedicated to [Ynead?] rather than khaine.

Spending much of their time tending the infinity circuits, they are made up mainly of those who have lost much of what they were, due to either war, age or those who have been too long on the path of the exile and upon their return have been unable to take their old place.

In recent years they have begun to congragate far more frequently and have even set up a shrine on Iyanden, whilst petitioning Ulthwe for a more permement base of operations on their craftworld on the invitation of Eldrad himself.
The meeting between the shrines founder and Eldrad is believed to have conicided with the eye of chaos unleashing Abbadons latest crusade

Wich nimbus 3-6 in a unit

Wich nimbus 24pts
WS4 BS4 S3 T3 I5 W1 A1 LD9 Sv5+
equipment:
phase feild(or warp jump generators?), wich blades, gaunlet mounted shuriken pistols
may take haywire grenades at 3pts per squad member

Exarch +12pts
WS5 BS5 S3 T3 I6 W1 A1 LD9 Sv5+
may replace his wich blade with a shining spear at 18pts
may buy runes of warding at 10pts
exarch powers:
hit and run @15pts
stealth@20pts

rules:
psychic- the squad counts as psychic for all purposes, although may NOT have aceses to any powers even minor.

phase feilds- as harlaquin equipment entry

General Samuel of the 101
02-01-2006, 20:41
I changed the aspect,taking the pistols and making the blades two-handed
Very Elite so HQ and Elite In a eldar army