PDA

View Full Version : The Warhammer Forum

Time of Madness
13-07-2012, 12:59
Did anyone save the link for the "new" Warhammer Forum (I forget what they named it). The old site appears to have been removed now.

Time of Madness

hashrat
13-07-2012, 15:04
www.wargamer.co

But I think they just took the server down for updates, new one aint up yet, old one just loaded up again for me.

Lord Solar Plexus
13-07-2012, 15:21
wargamer.co doesn't lead anywhere for me, and wargamer.com is definitively a completely different site.

Incidentally, I thought they would move to something with the same acronym, the wargamer forum or some such but no success. Hmm.

Time of Madness
13-07-2012, 15:23
Ok thanks gents, the old one still won't load for me.
Time of Madness

miker1
13-07-2012, 22:24
Did a "Whois" and the domain has run out.

Tuatha Dar
14-07-2012, 03:13
It's still dead for me as well.

Lorcryst
15-07-2012, 00:11
The link doesn't work for me (and durnit, I had bookmarked a topic on making realistic gore on the old one), and doing a google search for "The Warhammer Forum" results in links to the old URL ...

I'll try again tomorrow, in case the new version isn't live yet.

Ratarsed
15-07-2012, 07:40
Maybe Alex has decided not to bother anymore and the Warhammer Forum is finished for good. Shame if that is the case.:(

Tuatha Dar
15-07-2012, 13:00
Maybe Alex has decided not to bother anymore and the Warhammer Forum is finished for good. Shame if that is the case.:(

I would have thought someone would have said something though?
There hasn't been a tremendous number of good threads lately on the fantasy side, but 40K was seeing a lot of action (for obvious reasons of course). A real shame if true.

Tuatha

Snake1311
15-07-2012, 17:41
There hasn't been a tremendous number of good threads lately on the fantasy side, but 40K was seeing a lot of action (for obvious reasons of course). A real shame if true.

Tuatha

All the tounament info, incl the ETC stuff, was on there....

colonel kane trine
15-07-2012, 18:17
Does anyone have the details for kara swole off twf?
Need to get hold of him about a trade!
If your on here stu email me please

Deadboyuberbyte@gmail.com

Time of Madness
15-07-2012, 18:56
I was actually in the process of a PM trade as well. Hoping the site gets back up and running soon. Not looking good at this point though.
Time of Madness

Finnigan2004
15-07-2012, 19:03
The rumour on dakkadakka is that the site had an injunction slapped on for it's use of "warhammer" in the title. Hopefully this is wrong, but it does sound like something that GW might pull. Only time will tell.

Time of Madness
15-07-2012, 19:38
That was the reason for the name change etc. But I figured if they were taking the current site offline the new site would have been ready to go.
Time of Madness

miker1
15-07-2012, 20:37
The rumour on dakkadakka is that the site had an injunction slapped on for it's use of "warhammer" in the title. Hopefully this is wrong, but it does sound like something that GW might pull. Only time will tell.

If you check, you will see the Domain name has expired. It was not renewed. It stays suspended for a month to allow the owner to renew [ I believe].

Domain name:
warhammer.org.uk

Registrant:
Alexander Storch

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Ddolwerdd, Heol Capel Seion
Pontyberem
Llanelli
SA15 5AS
United Kingdom

Registrar:
The Positive Internet Company Ltd [Tag = POSITIVE]
URL: http://www.positive-internet.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 12-Jun-2004
Expiry date: 12-Jun-2012
Last updated: 08-Jun-2011

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers:
dns0.positive-internet.com
dns1.positive-internet.com

WHOIS lookup made at 20:35:57 15-Jul-2012

Lord Dan
15-07-2012, 21:18
If only there was a far superior Warhammer forum that hasn't had it's domain name expire. I could have sworn I'd heard one a while back.

War...something. WarEldar?

Who knows.

Confessor_Atol
15-07-2012, 21:26
I really enjoyed TWF. For five, or so, years it was the only place I posted. In the last few years the tone grew a little nasty. I understand contintious rules discussion, but it seemed like recently threads of merrit degenerated into personal insults too often. I'd hate to see TWF go but mostly because of the modeling forum.

Brian Mage
15-07-2012, 21:48
I really enjoyed TWF. For five, or so, years it was the only place I posted. In the last few years the tone grew a little nasty. I understand contintious rules discussion, but it seemed like recently threads of merrit degenerated into personal insults too often. I'd hate to see TWF go but mostly because of the modeling forum.

GUYS!
WORRY NOT!

Keep your eyes on WARGAMER.CO

the ".co" is correct

The Warhammer Forum

is currently offline.

Every effort is being made to rectify the current problem.

Once it has been resolved the site will be live at its usual domain of:

www.warhammer.org.uk

however it will be mirrored here.

When we are satisfied that everything is working as it should be warhammer.org.uk will be closed down (and sold to the highest bidder)

and wargamer.co will become the new home for the forum.

Thanks for your patience at this time.

Ratarsed
15-07-2012, 23:29
That's good news.
White on Black hurts my eyes.

Lord Dan
15-07-2012, 23:32
-Scroll all the way down.
-Select the dropdown box on the far left that probably says "Warseer Blue".
-Change the selection to "vB4 Default Style".
-Crisis averted.

Ratarsed
16-07-2012, 08:26
-Scroll all the way down.
-Select the dropdown box on the far left that probably says "Warseer Blue".
-Change the selection to "vB4 Default Style".
-Crisis averted.

Thank you so much! (I'm rubbish at this computer malarky):D

Lord Solar Plexus
16-07-2012, 10:15
If only there was a far superior Warhammer forum that hasn't had it's domain name expire. I could have sworn I'd heard one a while back.

Who knows.

I think I remember...it's supposed to be the best of the bunch...FarSeer? ;)

Tuatha Dar
16-07-2012, 10:28
It's back!

Tuatha

Maccwar
16-07-2012, 12:02
I can't see it from here though. If the domain name lapsed then some people might have to wait for the updated DNS details to propogate.

fairoaks024
16-07-2012, 12:09
it's working for me again too

regards

jim

Autumn Leaves
17-07-2012, 13:35
I think it's fair to say the rules discussions over there have been increasingly heated and nasty in a way they never used to in older times.
I stopped going there a while back and i won't be heading back anytime soon.
It's a table top game.
Why can't people talk about it and agree to disagree without getting personal ?

Snake1311
18-07-2012, 08:33

Who knows.

Considering all the tournament and ETC info is on TWF, its actual usefulness value far outstrips Whineseer :)

Lorcryst
18-07-2012, 11:58
Considering all the tournament and ETC info is on TWF, its actual usefulness value far outstrips Whineseer :)

Yeah ... if and only if you're into the over-comped tournament scene ... but that's a rant for another thread :p

Snake1311
18-07-2012, 12:28
Yeah ... if and only if you're into the over-comped tournament scene ... but that's a rant for another thread :p

All UK tournies, comped or uncomped, are advertised on there ;) it just so happens that if you are averse to comp you have less choice, but that has nothing to do with forum use

Lorcryst
18-07-2012, 15:49
Okay, over-comped was a bit much ... still, my point was : if you're not interested in tournaments, or don't live in the UK, that "best" part of the forum is pretty pointless ...

As someone higher up has said, I've also been a member of The Warhammer Forum for a couple of years now, and I find that the discussions over there devolve in name-calling and petty insults very fast, while here on WarSeer, the mods see to that.

Snake1311
18-07-2012, 16:29
Hm, really? The only difference I see is that discussions at TWF devolve into petty name-calling very fast, while here on Warseer they take about 30 pages to do so (see any of the 'comp' threads for example); the end result seems about the same :).

The big strength of Warseer is the rumour folder, but thats been getting a little iffy now that GW don't leak as much. :(

I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of the moderating either, the disctinction between what is offensive and not is pretty arbitary. I've got a fair share of infractions on my account, I don't feel I've deserved about half of them

warhammerscotlandplayer
24-09-2013, 13:36
Gutted, TWF was my favourite forum. This black and blue nonsense is really difficult for me to read. If this is anything to do with GW then is doesnt surprise me.

Twin-linked Paintbrush
24-09-2013, 16:51
Gutted, TWF was my favourite forum. This black and blue nonsense is really difficult for me to read. If this is anything to do with GW then is doesnt surprise me.

Don't worry, this thread is over a year old. Although it's down right now, it's probably for different reasons than stated here.

BigbyWolf
24-09-2013, 16:56

If only there was a way to change the way you view the forum...say a little drop-down menu at the bottom of the page. :shifty::yes:

Time of Madness
25-09-2013, 12:14
The warhammer fourm is down again, but should be back up soon.

Time of Madness

Lord Solar Plexus
25-09-2013, 12:49
If this is anything to do with GW then is doesnt surprise me.

Totally OT but sometimes one must use other words besides "is". ;)

Chickenbane
25-09-2013, 16:54
'tickles' and 'court injunctions'?

eastern barbarian
25-09-2013, 21:11
Time of Madness, care to shed bit more light on the situation or not allowed?

Time of Madness
26-09-2013, 13:34
Time of Madness, care to shed bit more light on the situation or not allowed?

It is back up now.

Time of Madness

Maxxev
06-12-2013, 08:10
Is it down again? i've been unable to get on for the last 2 days?

Wilhelm das Blutige
06-12-2013, 09:50
Looks that way. I can't get on neither.

WizzyWarlock
07-12-2013, 07:51
Does anyone know what's happening with the site? Or perhaps another site with tournament details?

Time of Madness
07-12-2013, 16:14
Server is overloaded, the site should be back up soon.

Time of Madness

Stuart-GreatEscapeGames
07-12-2013, 22:47
Yup, just server overload.

WizzyWarlock
09-12-2013, 07:26
Server is overloaded, the site should be back up soon.
It's not overload as I can connect to the server, there just doesn't seem to be anything on it, like someone's deleted everything:

The requested URL /phpBB/index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So there's no forum file and no error file.

Truckeye
09-12-2013, 18:05
I can connect now, but all the posts are 2009 or older.

luntan
09-12-2013, 19:13
And if you have registered after 2009 then you have to register again it seems.

Yowzo
10-12-2013, 07:11
This message shows at the home page.

DON'T PANIC!
Due to severe server overload the website as been temporarily taken off line.
As soon as the problem is fixed TWF will be back up.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

So probably they're migrating the server somewhere else.

Targ Ironfist
11-12-2013, 18:03
Good, I started to be afraid.

So it is just to have some patience. :cool:

Minigiant
13-12-2013, 00:35
Im still not getting anything just 404 not found. Any updates?

Beast
16-12-2013, 07:32
Still nothing........ :(

Typo
16-12-2013, 09:31
My guess is that the amount of bot traffic they've been getting lately has caused them to either run out of bandwidth for the month (not likely, as the whole account would be shut down), or look into instituting some kind of additional prevention (possible). Or they got caught with an old/vulnerable version of phpBB - which would most likely explain the lack of files where the forum normally lives.

'Overload' is such a vague term...

Dwarf Giant
16-12-2013, 18:26
I wish they'd get it sorted, especially as it has a lot of tournament and painting stuff on it I like to look at.

Beast
16-12-2013, 20:10
even if an Admin came on here just to tell us what was happening..... please?

Max_Killfactor
17-12-2013, 01:21
Yeah I'm bummed out.

It's the last Warhammer forum not blocked at work.

Now I have nothing to distract me. I've been so productive lately. It's awful.

Minigiant
19-12-2013, 15:30
Well it seems to be back in double im able to access

www.warhammer.org.uk and http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php

one seems to be from a few years ago and one is up to date, anyone able to explain?