PDA

View Full Version : Funny situation?

Kloud13
13-07-2012, 18:28
So, if a Space Marine Independant Character joins an allied unit of Guardsman, with a Commisar, and that unit fails a morale check, does the commisar execute the Marine? Suppose it's a good thing that the "It's for your own Good" rule is under the IG Psykers rules and not the Commisars, or else the Librarian would be maybe a little worried.

Latro_
13-07-2012, 18:37
haha you sir just made my day.

'will summarily execute the squad's current commander - this is the model in the squad with the highest leadership value'

'Battle brothers are treated 'friendly units' ... 'can be joined by allied independent characters'

So yes, bahhahaha yes! i even checked the FAQ.

Commisaar Xavier?
yes private
you just shot marneus calgar lord of the ultramarines in the back of the head
yes private what of it
um, i think you should look behind you sir...
its ok private, on a 2+ they'll kill you instead
ugh, but, *dakkad dakkaakdkkd* arrghh!
{carlton from fresh prince of bel aire dance}

The bearded one
13-07-2012, 18:45
I heard a story of someone who had that..

the problem was.. it was Marneus Calgar using his special rule to fail a ld test on purpose! And then the commissar shot Calgar :D

Capussa
13-07-2012, 19:03
This is hillarious, I am now considering building an army just so that it can happen

I wonder how many marine characters I can kill with a commissar lord through this in one game?

Latro_
13-07-2012, 19:14
Lol do it with an inquistor, even funnier

T10
13-07-2012, 19:29
So, if a Space Marine Independant Character joins an allied unit of Guardsman, with a Commisar, and that unit fails a morale check, does the commisar execute the Marine? Suppose it's a good thing that the "It's for your own Good" rule is under the IG Psykers rules and not the Commisars, or else the Librarian would be maybe a little worried.

How very droll! One point to Gryffindor!

Desalbert
13-07-2012, 19:32
LOL that is amazing!

loveless
13-07-2012, 19:33
So Commisars just became the greatest threat to the heroes of the Adeptus Astartes...I can appreciate this.

Sexiest_hero
13-07-2012, 22:00
You know He can do in one shot what every big bad has failed to do with whole armies. I swear they should make a troll commisar...Doing the carlton dance!

Formerly Wu
13-07-2012, 22:02
They don't call them "uncompromising" for nothing, after all.

2nd place
14-07-2012, 01:18
love it, I may have to model this up as a dioramah for my next painting comp...

Judge: what do you call this sir...
me: I call this the emporor's undying thanks to the adeptus astartes
Judge: If thats the case I think someone should turn off his life support, he's clearly demented...

IrishDelinquent
14-07-2012, 02:11
Careful not to let this spread though.....next guard codex we'll see a Commissar one-shotting an Avatar.

Monospot
14-07-2012, 04:40
I can see the Commisar/Calgar conversaion...

Scene - Commisar Bob, reloading his bolt pistol for the fourth time after unloading into Calgar at point blank, cursing under his breath. Calgar sitting patiently in front of bemused troops and enemies alike

Commisar - Emperor's codpiece, won't you freaking die?
Calgar - Now, now, Commisar, keep your poise in front of the troops
Commisar - Calgar, you have multiple wounds, and I only have a 1 in 18 chance of even taking one of them off! Hell, why are you even letting me shoot you?
Calgar - Commisar, I believe that Guilliman would applaud your efforts to keep morale up. I believe, in chapter 1072 verse 16, the primarch even comments on the importance of the budding Commisariat being vital in post heresy
military structure.
Commisar - Yeah, thats great. Now take off your freaking helmet so I have a fighting chance!

Mikial
14-07-2012, 05:10
This is totally warped . . . I love it!

Born Again
14-07-2012, 05:22
I'm not up to speed on IG rules so this may already be covered, but would the marine then get a Look Out, Sir! roll? Commissar goes to execute space marine captain, guardsman hurls himself in the way and takes the shot... marine isn't to pleased with the commissar, I imagine.

MajorWesJanson
14-07-2012, 05:40
I'm not up to speed on IG rules so this may already be covered, but would the marine then get a Look Out, Sir! roll? Commissar goes to execute space marine captain, guardsman hurls himself in the way and takes the shot... marine isn't to pleased with the commissar, I imagine.

Nope. Commissar immediately removes the model, regardless of wounds remaining. No wound allocated, so no FNP or LoS allowed. Otherwise you could have an IG grunt try to LoS for their sarge during normal summary execution.

2nd place
14-07-2012, 05:41
nope, there is no save to be taken, he is just removed as a casualty, poor calgar, 4 wounds and being lord macragge cout for crap in the eyes of a commissar, I mean this guy is not even a lord commissar, he just another IG red tape b*&úch

Noodle!
14-07-2012, 10:47
Absolutely brilliant! I tip my hat in your general direction.

jason_sation
14-07-2012, 19:10
God! Somebody needs to make a Commissar Fuklaw model!

Dylius
14-07-2012, 21:21
That's excellent!

Silentbob10
14-07-2012, 22:22
Ok im gonna model a very small avatar as a commisar and finally get my revenge on pappa smurf

Aedes
14-07-2012, 23:50
This is great. I am so going to paint up a guard squad with commissar as allies for my Marines just to try this out.