Outriders (5):

Demigryphs (3): musician

Rare

Steam Tank

Steam Tank

Steam Tank

The stanks will cover the DG while they move up a flank, the infantry advance and protect the hammers flank, pinning the enemy into one corner. Any C&C?

cheers

Jack of Blades
14-07-2012, 23:00
I'd shave 7 halberdiers off the first unit, 8 off the second, remove the archer detachments and use those points to either add halberdier detachments that'll support your aggression better than some measly S3 shots with -1 to hit for moving or add a new unit of halberdiers.

Lord Dan
14-07-2012, 23:05
The Swedish assassin speaks the truth. Those S3 bow shots aren't really contributing anything.

...because, you know. 3 steam tanks and 9 demigryphs just aren't effective enough.

Bring_Back_Chaos_Dwarfs?
14-07-2012, 23:24
...because, you know. 3 steam tanks and 9 demigryphs just aren't effective enough. -Lord Dan

hahahahahahaha! that made my day. But to contribute something, yeah I agree with taking out the archers. How about one detachment for each of those units (so you can get more bodies) and make them handgunners or crossbowmen? You'll probably need to take out some halberdiers to accommodate that. Maybe more great swords since this is 3000 points? You'll still need to take something else out to do that though. Your list is really brutal against some armies as is - it's a pretty competitive list to start.

mike20
15-07-2012, 01:30
the idea for the archers was to redirect enemy units, not really much use for shooting, as for x-bows or handgunners, they cant move and shoot and will be stranded and vulnerable. I also considered detachments, but the supporting charge option is gone now and I think it might be more important for big blocks so that they can hold long enough for the DGs and stanks to show up. Threw in some regular cav cause, well, why not really. just another 1+ AS unit charging around.

i revised the list to remove the archers.

bigbear bailey
15-07-2012, 01:30
The archers are the way to go with the approach you want man. People don't understand that the archers are you chaff, which don't cause panic as they are a detachment. I like the list, but I would go for halberds on the demis as it makes the riders attacks worth it!

Bring_Back_Chaos_Dwarfs?
15-07-2012, 02:50
OHhh, whoops, I totally get archers as chaff, bigbear bailey is right, my bad. I'm just so used to seeing archers used as skirmishers (and redirecting ) and crossbowmen/handgunners used in mass as missile fire detachments. But duh (!) of course you can use archers as detachments and redirect. Archers are great cheap chaff. With that said, you do have a lot of Cavalry that can run around and mess your opponents battle line. And whose to say that one of those can't just flee from something to set up a counter charge. Plus IC knights can hit a lot harder. I guess it's all in how you like to play it. Again, the list looks solid man.

Moss
15-07-2012, 03:02
I didn't see what the list looked like before you took out the archers, but bring them back (at least two units of five). And maybe add a unit of crossbows or something to help take out opposing redirectors. Don't ask where to get the points for this.

Lord Dan
15-07-2012, 04:55
You just had too many. 160 points for chaff is just unnecessary when your list is so fast.

mike20
15-07-2012, 11:23
updated: dropped 3 knights, added 10 archers.

Lord Dan
15-07-2012, 14:18
So I hate to be that guy, but now that unit of knights is kind of useless. 5 knights really shouldn't be given full command and a magic banner, as in such a small unit their job is usually to be kept cheap and to smash things, do damage, and run. I don't see what even a vanilla unit would contribute to this army, however, so I would probably drop them entirely and either add more greatswords or take more outriders.

mike20
15-07-2012, 17:04
i boosted the halberds, and added a unit of 10 archers, as the points have to be used in core. :(

Lord Dan
15-07-2012, 20:00
Hahaha, so we're back to where we started. Just go with your first list, my friend. And if we ever see each other in a tournament I would only ask that you remember that I helped you and that you might in turn have mercy before you send forth your steam tank armada.