PDA

View Full Version : Tau rumours in 6th edition rulebook

rickyard
15-07-2012, 04:04
I have noticed something on page 409, in the map star

First, something old, Macragge is very close to Tau empire, hehe, good loving story... but then.. what is that thing classified next to Tau Empire?? Maybe DEMIURGS? A new race? something related to Tau lore to expand in next codex?

Maxis Lithium
15-07-2012, 05:19
This classified item is a warp anomaly that is referenced in Tau fluff. Is has a dedicated Tau fleet to keep things from coming out.

darthslowe
15-07-2012, 05:34
What Maxis Lithium said is accurate. I believe that is in the fluff section of the current codex.

On another note. Questions aren't supposed to be posted in the Rumors section, so I am willing to bet that this thread is short-lived.

philbrad2
15-07-2012, 10:08
Valid point - yes , news or rumour? Off to 40K GENERAL for this one ...

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

rickyard
15-07-2012, 10:14
What Maxis Lithium said is accurate. I believe that is in the fluff section of the current codex.

On another note. Questions aren't supposed to be posted in the Rumors section, so I am willing to bet that this thread is short-lived.

Maybe it is true, but there are dozens of other things that happens in the fluff, and the only one that is reflected in the map is this one? It is exactly the same map from 5th edition, but the "classified" was not there. If it would have been that warp anomaly, it was already known since Tau Codex is fourth edition. Now they have added this little square. So at least should mean some step forward in Tau fluff. (or any fluff)

And regarding your second sentence, every rumour begins with a question. If nobody is able to give a clear answer, perhaps it is a clue that GW has given us.

EDIT: The anomaly you refer to is "Hadex" and it was clearly stated this way in fifth edition rulebook, then why now should be classified?

BramGaunt
15-07-2012, 16:31
Somewhere a GW graphic artist now sips his coffee and a slim grin creeps over his face. Again, putting a cryptic "Classified" marker over nothing makes the whole fanbase tremble with excitement. Troll level: Primarch.

Barghest
15-07-2012, 21:03
I think you nailed it right on the head, Bram.

si_clarke82
15-07-2012, 21:46
I'm sure I heard somewhere (you'll have to excuse the tenuous reference as I don't have a copy of the new rulebook yet) that it says something in the background section in the book that there was a race that the emperor was secretly protecting prior to the heresy, because they were the one race that could defeat Chaos.

Potentially Tau would be the obvious candidates, since they've become more prolific since the heresy and (correct me if I'm wrong - I don't know a huge amount about them) they have a degree of resistance to the energies of the warp. Maybe this could explain the new item on the map and suggest some development in their background come the new codex?

Voss
16-07-2012, 04:37
It is worth keeping in mind that background mysteries get slipped in all the time, and often remain so for literally years (and sometimes decades) of real time. Some are hinted at, but never developed, such as the 'hyper-violent Barghesi,' which have been kicking around in the background since the 3rd edition rulebook, others live on as background snippets long after the idea itself dies; like the Slann, which haven't had a 40k presence outside of text since Rogue Trader.

Sometimes the crazy snippets are just there to make the setting seem bigger than the ~14 armies seen on the table top.

Aun Tier
16-07-2012, 07:21
I haven't heard of a ''Hadex'' anomaly, but the only one referenced in the Tau codex is the 'Perdus Rift Anomaly'. That however, is meant to be further north if I recall correctly.

@si_clarke82: That was a rumour that went around a month or two ago. It stated that this would be the focus fluff of the 6th ed rulebook. It is now evident that it was a hoax. Of course, if it is snuck into the actual book, then I am quite intrigued indeed.

Snorlaxboom
16-07-2012, 09:20
me and a few other people have been discussing that area of the map for a while now. 1 of the conclusions we came to is it represents the area of space the squat homeworld was around. Seeing as their mentioned in the BRB now it got us coming up with all kinds of theories =)

Snorlaxboom
16-07-2012, 09:21
me and a few other people have been discussing that area of the map for a while now. 1 of the conclusions we came to is it represents the area of space the squat homeworld was around. Seeing as their mentioned in the BRB now it got us coming up with all kinds of theories =)

Lezta
16-07-2012, 09:29
Looks like the Hadex Anomaly to me! Which right in the middle of the Jericho Reach. The setting for the Deathwatch RPG. I've no idea why they've classified it though.

borithan
16-07-2012, 14:31
Maybe it is true, but there are dozens of other things that happens in the fluff, and the only one that is reflected in the map is this one? It is exactly the same map from 5th edition, but the "classified" was not there. If it would have been that warp anomaly, it was already known since Tau Codex is fourth edition. Now they have added this little square. So at least should mean some step forward in Tau fluff. (or any fluff)

And regarding your second sentence, every rumour begins with a question. If nobody is able to give a clear answer, perhaps it is a clue that GW has given us.

EDIT: The anomaly you refer to is "Hadex" and it was clearly stated this way in fifth edition rulebook, then why now should be classified?If it is the Hadex Anomoly then that is where the Deathwatch RPG is set (which features Tau, Tyranids and Chaos). It being classied also makes sense, as the background for that has a super secret warp gate connecting the area around there to the Calixis Sector (otherside of the galaxy, near the Eye of Terror and the Halo Stars).

Ah someone got to it first.

Mauler
17-07-2012, 10:50

There are no current plans to bring Squats back to the fore in any form in 40k, unfortunately. :(

daboarder
17-07-2012, 11:45
There are no current plans to bring Squats back to the fore in any form in 40k, unfortunately. :(

Wait for the new chaos codex, My daemonforge army is going to have at least 1 unit of chaos squats just for LuLz!