PDA

View Full Version : What wold you like to see next in finecast?

boogle
15-07-2012, 11:33
With GK, virtually all of the Tau range (Kroot shaper excepted) and DE finecasted, what would you like the next wave of finecast to be?

Im hoping for IG so i can replace my metal advisors with resin counterparts to make my Elysians (RT and ltd ed Commissars apart) all plastic and resin.

What are you guys hoping for?

EDIT: Please i'd love this to not descend into finceast hating, so if you don't like finescast please feel free to ignore this post.

Kakapo42
15-07-2012, 11:38
Vostroyans. I'm a Tau man myself, so most of my finecast needs have been catered to, but I think a finecast Vostroyan range would go down a treat (as would the other alternate Imperial Guard lines). Sisters of Battle would be good too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Senbei
15-07-2012, 11:38
Nothing.

GW sculpts are some of the best in the world.

Finecast is -still- one of the worst materials on the market. Even small, single person companies are coming up with better alternatives (IE Trollcast etc).

Theres quite a few things that I'd like to buy, but not in that material. Might do if they started casting in metal though.

Johnnya10
15-07-2012, 11:39
I'm hoping for a nice selection of CSM finecasts (and plastics) when the new codex comes out. Should be a certainty really. I think Wraithguard for Eldar would be nice too.

boogle
15-07-2012, 11:42
Kakapo, were you disappointed there was not Shaper in finecast, i was a bit as i wanted one to add to my Inquisitor's retinue (along with an Eldar Ranger)

Siebab
15-07-2012, 11:44
I'd like to see the rest of DE characters with no models.

Kakapo42
15-07-2012, 11:48
Kakapo, were you disappointed there was not Shaper in finecast, i was a bit as i wanted one to add to my Inquisitor's retinue (along with an Eldar Ranger)

Truth be told I was completely unaware there was no finecast Shaper up until now funnily enough. I'm a Tau purist (no auxiliaries), so it hasn't really affected me that much. Come to think of it, has there been a finecast release of Farsight? If so that could be something to add as well.

boogle
15-07-2012, 11:49
I'd imagine they'll come with the Flyer

My mate is a bit like you RE: no Vespid or Kroot, i wonder if you'll both stay that way if the rumours about more auxilliares are true)

Farsight - i think we may see a neew casting of him

MajorWesJanson
15-07-2012, 17:22
I would love to see some of the old marine Le models come back as finecast. Army box models, subscription veterans and captains. non LE ones as well. The Vet with the power maul and gorget? I have one, but would love to get another. Other vets that were released but not part of the big 5 packs? Older chaplains and Librarians? They are a tad smaller, but just scale them up a bit then recast. Armor through the ages as well.

Guard, bring back the rest of the tanith models, especially Criid.

Farsight, I expect to see a few parts for him included in a new Crisis suit pack, with parts for a generic commander and broadside.

PANZERBUNNY
15-07-2012, 17:46
I would like to see an OOP sign on all finecast.

Won't happen though.

Zinch
15-07-2012, 18:22
Necron scarabs: there should be a way to get them without buying warriors...

dangerboyjim
15-07-2012, 19:34
Wulfen! Given the prices they go for on ebay it seems a no-brainer.

Or why not just do a print on demand service for OOP models?

Theocracity
15-07-2012, 19:43
The limited edition Inquisitor model. I forget his name, but he's the one with the ornate plasma pistol. He's in the GK book and caught my attention before I found out he was limited edition and OOP.

It'd be neat to have the variant Guard armies available in something besides metal too. Or the character models like Gaunt.

underhivetrader
15-07-2012, 20:48
Mega Armour nobs have been removed from GW's website, could be next for Finecast?

I bloody hope so!

UHT

otakuzoku
15-07-2012, 21:39
XV9 would be nice and a new farsight model.
and the chaos toilet :evilgrin:

TimLeeson
15-07-2012, 21:45
I'd like to see minor xeno races given small ranges in finecast, they could even advertise them as "new allies" for Tau/Necrons/Orks/Eldar/Dark Eldar even. Shame that's just wishful thinking/dreaming.

boogle
16-07-2012, 00:55
Mega Armour nobs have been removed from GW's website, could be next for Finecast?

I bloody hope so!

UHT

They are already in the pre-order list for finecast

Gideon Lorr was the name of the Inquisitor

Abaraxas
16-07-2012, 02:18
Nothing......:cheese:

Yodhrin
16-07-2012, 02:43
I'd definitely second the idea of seeing the alternate IG ranges in Finecast, as it opens up so many avenues for conversions compared to crappy metal minis that you need power tools to do anything interesting with.

Blinder
16-07-2012, 16:45
I certainly wouldn't mind another couple squads of Praetorians, really kicking myself for not getting more while they were available. I don't know that I'd really want to see models that are currently available switched, though... I'd rather (renewed) access to older versions of things that match my existing collection or entirely new options, rather than just a different material for something that's perfectly available.

Konovalev
16-07-2012, 16:59
Leman Russ plasma cannons! (are they still metal? I haven't bought a leman russ in nearly 5 years...)

If I could trade in some of my painted metals for a finecast version I would gladly do so. I'm so very tired of repairing broken ork deff dreads, techmarine servo harness, the bloodthirster I just want to run over with my car at this point, that thunderfire cannon I never use yet still manage to break all the time...

Scaryscarymushroom
16-07-2012, 17:03
They are already in the pre-order list for finecast

I don't care for finecast particularly, but the only reason this bothers me is because it means that Meganobz won't be getting less expensive any time soon. IMO they should be on par with Terminators in cost; even 3 models for $50 would be vastly better than 1 for $22.25. A plastic kit could make that price reasonable. But given that prices have gone up on about 95% of items at time of finecast-ing and the other 5% of the time its been repackaging from 1 to 3 minis for a 'stealth drop' of just a couple bucks...

Yeah.

Dreadnought05
16-07-2012, 18:03
Kasrkins would be great.

Utred
16-07-2012, 18:31
I've heard rumourz there is a new Kharn the Betrayer, but there's an idea I have about doing a conversion with him, but I'd rather not start carving white metal with a scalpel again. Finecast him, and I'd be happy.

Otherwise there are far too many Imp Guard models I'd like to convert. Seems hardly any of their HQ / Elite choices have been finecasted. I'm especially looking at their techpriests who I want to convert into Dark Mechanicus. Along those lines.

Rated_lexxx
17-07-2012, 02:25
is Cypher still available? If not I would like to see him in finecast

Utred
17-07-2012, 13:14
is Cypher still available? If not I would like to see him in finecast

Yeah, he's still available, but (and I'm purely guessing) a lot of the old Chaos metals won't get finecasted as we'll see new scuplts for some of them when the new codex comes out? I'm guessing Cypher as a model will probably be one of those to get updated. Rumours say that the new starter set is going to be Dark Angels v's Chaos, and that character would fit in around that.

loveless
17-07-2012, 14:53
The limited edition Inquisitor model. I forget his name, but he's the one with the ornate plasma pistol. He's in the GK book and caught my attention before I found out he was limited edition and OOP.

Gideon Lorr. He's a pain to track down - I just got him on eBay in a small bundle of blisters. Lovely model, even if the equipment is less than optimal.

---

I'd like to see a lack of bubbles and mould next in Finecast :p Honestly, though, I like the material when it works. I'd like to see the hooded DA Chapter Master (with combi-plasma), the army box Autarch, and the Bonesinger - but I know better than to hold my breath.

Otherwise, anything large and metal should be converted to plastic or Finecast just for ease of execution.

Antipathy
17-07-2012, 15:00
Not necessarily 40K, but Teutogen Guard, the Middenheim Standard Bearer from the Storm of Chaos, and Kordel Shorgaar from the Storm of Chaos.

boogle
17-07-2012, 22:03
Not necessarily 40K, but Teutogen Guard, the Middenheim Standard Bearer from the Storm of Chaos, and Kordel Shorgaar from the Storm of Chaos.

Both Standard Bearers were ltd ed weren't they?

badguyshaveallthefun
17-07-2012, 22:08
I'd like to see a re-release of all the limited edition models in finecast, primarily the ones that were available only in army box deals: the Eldar Autarch and the Dark Angels Captain being first and foremost.

I personally don't have a huge issue with finecast...when it works, it's a lot easier to convert and work with, just a shame that GW thinks that it should be worth more $$. I would personally buy a lot more mini's if they weren't so pricey.

Dronevil
17-07-2012, 23:43
Deathwatch Kill Team Conversion Pack :)

loveless
18-07-2012, 15:49
Deathwatch Kill Team Conversion Pack :)

I'm actually rather surprised that that product is still in metal...seems like one they should have converted early on.

Clarkson
18-07-2012, 16:50
I'm actually rather surprised that that product is still in metal...seems like one they should have converted early on.

I'm surprised it wasn't plasticated for the GK release.. as Deathwatch would fit perfectly in with GK's or at the very least, the inquistion side

the stuff i want to be in finecast are the back catalogue of the IG models... I'd love to collect a Valhallan Army.. but 8-9 per fig is too much

also i hate the fact that the Typhus i ordered is being put on hold until they release him in finecast... I bought him in metal.. coz i want him in metal...

Chapters Unwritten
18-07-2012, 21:04
What would I like to see in the next finecast? A miniature worth paying for. The only reason I even get them is because I call GW and they mail me a second free one every time.

Freakiq
18-07-2012, 22:13
The 3rd edition CSM Daemon Prince.

One of my favourite GW models ever but my metal one is scratched to hell and back, something a resin version wouldn't be as plagued by.

Haddock
19-07-2012, 03:43
I want an ork warboss on a bike that's not from forge world.

Zogash
19-07-2012, 12:03
I want an ork warboss on a bike that's not from forge world.

What's so bad about it being from Forgeworld? It's an awesome model! :) Also, if there ever was going to be a finecast biker warboss, he probably wouldn't cost any less, so why bother?

Personally, I don't want anything converted into finecast, since the downsides are just so much more prominent than the one upside of it being less prone to paint-chipping: price hikes on conversion are ridiculous (Meganobz being a recent example... 45 just to field the minimal squad size is just way over the top!), the material tends to bend when heated (a friend's Mangler Squigs began drooping after half an hour in the sun...) not to mention all the miscasts (bubbles, warping, etc...) they still produce en masse... Ah well... :)

Zombiecrackers
19-07-2012, 23:24
Vostroyans.

Agreed with this fine person.