PDA

View Full Version : Potential for "mini-dexes"?

prowla
17-07-2012, 01:52
This topic has been mentioned in many threads, but I wanted a new thread to gather all the stuff..

I was thinking that GW has been setting themselves up to be able to easily sell and integrate new "allied detachments". As discussed before, any new "mini-codex" can easily be included into existing armies as allies, and they can be easily distributed through digital sales and WD. GW seems to be attempting to sell small things through digital channnel, so maybe they would be interested in making smaller miniature releases as well.

This would seem to be a way to add fluffy detachments to the game, and we do have some factions that are part of the 40k but haven't got many or any models yet - AdMech comes to mind as an unplayable faction, and Sisters seem so far to be the army getting least attention from GW. Then there are Imperial factions like Arbites who have fun fluff but are way too small to have their own army.

Dunno, what do you think?

-Loki-
17-07-2012, 03:29
This is stuff Forgeworld will likely be tackling with their 'niche' codices.

Spell_of_Destruction
17-07-2012, 04:05
White Dwarf and then release rules in electronic format?

I think this would be particularly useful for Imperial add ons. Without wanting to upset SoB fans, I don't think they can really pull off a whole full length codex on their own and from a tabletop perspective they don't bring anything new to the table.

We could even see some interesting 'alien mercs' introduced.

belgarath97
17-07-2012, 05:18
This is stuff Forgeworld will likely be tackling with their 'niche' codices.

Except that Forge World has denied that they will be making any codexes.

prowla
17-07-2012, 07:24
Except that Forge World has denied that they will be making any codexes.

Although FW saying "no we won't be making any codexes" usually means nothing except that they are not making a book that has word "codex" on the front :p

-Loki-
17-07-2012, 08:40
Although FW saying "no we won't be making any codexes" usually means nothing except that they are not making a book that has word "codex" on the front :p

Also consider none of the current codices say codex anymore.

Killgore
17-07-2012, 09:26
Look what gw have done for fantasy, a small collection of chaos dwarfs and allied monsters, should be easy to do the same for 40k. They have already released an amended list of allies for all of their 40k army lists, like Tyrants Legion and dkok

TimLeeson
17-07-2012, 12:07
I'd love this if it meant having some new alien models. Perfect way to add more xenos stuff into the game without all the resources needed to make a new codex/model-line, just need the bare minimum really.

xerxeshavelock
17-07-2012, 12:13
Might even see the Kroot as mercs