PDA

View Full Version : Quick GW/FW parcel question

Grenoble
19-07-2012, 13:41
How do the packages sent by GW and FW look at the moment? Do they say GW/FW all over or are they just plain? It's for some sneakiness I am planning... Thanks.

Inquisitor Engel
19-07-2012, 14:01
I believe they're rather plain, though the last FW one I got did have Forge World as the return address.

Grimmeth
19-07-2012, 15:55
In my experience normaly a plain cardboard box but the shipping label will say Games Workshop/Forgeworld on it.

Grenoble
19-07-2012, 17:54
Great, thanks!

RevEv
19-07-2012, 19:01
In my experience normaly a plain cardboard box but the shipping label will say Games Workshop/Forgeworld on it.

I can confirm this, just having received a parcel today!

jullevi
19-07-2012, 19:35
I hope that your sneaky plans do not involve any illegal activities or compromise postal secrecy rules.

vargojones
19-07-2012, 20:45
I suspect the sneakiness will be along the lines of : "This box dear, no my darling i've had it for ages, you know i wouldn't buy anything from GW without checking with you first"

BTJ
19-07-2012, 21:58
Or it could be birthday pressy-sneakiness. Take off the label and you'll be fine. Or get it off an indy retailer if that's an option

RevEv
20-07-2012, 00:51
Had to be very sneaky once, when GW/FW sent out printed white boxes.

As the contents were a present I asked them to send it in a plain box - which they did, by turning a standard box inside out!

spaint2k
20-07-2012, 05:01
I heard they stopped using the printed boxes because too many items were getting nicked while en route to the customer.

Grenoble
20-07-2012, 13:49
No, of course nothing illegal, just trying to not spoil a surprise :)

Arnizipal
20-07-2012, 14:15
I heard they stopped using the printed boxes because too many items were getting nicked while en route to the customer.
Sounds logical, but I still miss them.
I kept a few of those old boxes with the punching troll on the front to store minatures in.
New (plain) boxes I receive are all sent to recycling...

Zenithfleet
20-07-2012, 14:41

Onion on my belt time...

Back when they still used the old printed boxes, I bought a couple of blister packs from GW, but they arrived without any slottabases. Emailed GW and asked them to send out some spares. Never arrived. Emailed them again and finally got the bases (in a surprisingly large cardboard box given the contents).

Maybe it just got lost somewhere or they forgot to send the first set of replacements... but it still gives me quite a warm fuzzy glow to imagine the look on the presumed postal thief's face when he eagerly opened that first GW-labelled box and discovered six slottabases. ;)

t-tauri
25-07-2012, 09:04

There was a problem quite a few years back where items passing through Crewe (IIRC) were vanishing at an alarming rate. I know I had to ring so many times for non delivered stuff it became embarassing. Apparently a member of the postal staff was siphoning off the extremely obvious labelled boxes. Shortly after that the boxes went to plain brown.

The worst thing of all was when Forgeworld stuck the fully visible invoice on the front of the box so the exact value of a little box of resin was visible to the missus.

Kijamon
25-07-2012, 17:27
One small preorder question. They've said they ship ON release day (IA Aeronautica is out on Friday the 27th).

What's the chances of getting the stuff on Saturday then?

Erazmus_M_Wattle
25-07-2012, 17:39
That's a tricky one. GW mail order send everything by DHL. So that could have a high chance though more like three days. I have no idea what courier FW uses.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hendarion
25-07-2012, 21:11
FW used UPS in all of my last orders to Germany.

Sgt John Keel
26-07-2012, 00:48
FW used UPS in all of my last orders to Germany.

For me as well. (Although in Sweden obviously.) Even my last box delivered through ordinary UPU post was printed with the UPS logo.

Kijamon
26-07-2012, 21:55
Well they got my hopes up by dispatching today. Though that's usually a sign of "Haha Monday for you" which is great as I'm away on holiday on Sunday.

CURSES