PDA

View Full Version : Brood Horror as a Mount

SimaoSegunda
25-07-2012, 23:21
I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether Skaven warlords are now allowed to take a Brood Horror as a mount in regular Warhammer games? I know to use it as a bound monster would require you to agree with your opponent to use the Monsters & Magic allowance, whether in a SoM game or not. However, the MO entry for the creature says that it can be used as an SoM monster through a binding scroll, "Or taken as a mount for a Skaven Warlord for xxxPts". This seems to imply it is legal in standard games, right? It's the only creature in the book to have that kind of stipulation.

I want to get one for a friend's birthday, but I don't see the point in getting one if she can't use it in a regular game.

Lord Zarkov
25-07-2012, 23:42
I think that's the intention - it was certainly the case with the playtest rules.

Scalebug
26-07-2012, 00:08
It is still noted as "...or can be taken as a mount for a skaven warlord" in the final rules in the book, as it were in the experimental rules, so there is no rules mechanics stopping its use in regular games (as compared to other monsters not having an instruction as for where they would fit in the slots, only that you take them from the 25% allowance of monsters and artifacts), but you could still have it being disallowed in things like tournaments for not being part of the regular armybook.

T10
26-07-2012, 08:10
Perhaps the Brood Horror will be part of the upcoming Skaven book when it is released mid-august 2016.

-T10

dutchwarlord
26-07-2012, 08:24
Of course you can use it!

You could equip the warlord riding the brood horror with shield, warstone armour and dawnstone. That gives him a rerolable 2+ armour save which hits the enemy at str.4 when saved.
It killed 4 choas warriros attacking my warlord once!

Asensur
26-07-2012, 10:01
It should be legal.

However, be sure to advice your opponent or tournament organization that you will use rules from Warhammer Forge books.

hamsterwheel
26-07-2012, 11:56
This game runs off of consent between two players or the consent of a tournament organizer, everything else doesn't matter. You'll have some players that agree because they want to play against the model(or because they have cannons) and some that refuse because it's not in the army book. You'll have to play this out in a case by case basis.

GiraffeCrab
26-07-2012, 13:01
It says in monstrous arcana that it can be taken as a mount for a warlord in normal games of WFB or on its own as a binding scroll for use in storms of magic or the scenarios in monstrous arcana. I only quote from monstrous arcana because it seems to be where all those rules have ended up, but i agree with others here it all depends if your opponent wants to let you use it.

SimaoSegunda
26-07-2012, 14:58
That's my question, though. I have MA, and all it says is that it can be taken through a binding scroll or as a mount for a Skaven warlord. But RAW it could mean that you can only use it as a mount for a Skaven Warlord in SOM. Saying that, the general consensus seems to be that it is legal, so... Awesome. :-)

Thanks, guys.

Bloodedsoul
26-07-2012, 16:32
So does that mean that the forge world stuff that is printed in the books is becoming more widely accepted? Has forgeworld stuff become "official"? I don't ask in sarcasim, but in true interest, I like the way allot of thier stuff looks, and would love buy some of it, but am a bit uneasy due to not knowing if it can be used in an official game.

hamsterwheel
26-07-2012, 16:53
So does that mean that the forge world stuff that is printed in the books is becoming more widely accepted? Has forgeworld stuff become "official"? I don't ask in sarcasim, but in true interest, I like the way allot of thier stuff looks, and would love buy some of it, but am a bit uneasy due to not knowing if it can be used in an official game.

As it has been mentioned in this thread, friendly games require the consent of the players playing the game and tournaments will decide what they will and will not allow in their tournaments. The whole mentality of "official" or not is something someone made up based off of the idea that most tournaments do not allow forgeworld models to be played in tournaments simply because the army books weren't balanced with forgeworld models and rules in mind and it may give an unfair advantage to the player willing to bring the FW models.