PDA

View Full Version : Second Ever Half Marathon...

DarthSte
30-07-2012, 11:21
On September 16th I will be running a half marathon, the BUPA Great North Run. I will be running in aid of Shelter, a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing. You can find out more about Shelter here (http://england.shelter.org.uk/about_us), but basically they're good guys helping people in bad situations. Thisíll be my second half marathon as I attempted one last year, damaging my knee in the process, so I'm a bit worried about it, but hopefully the bit of training I have put in will be enough for me to be able to finish it without breaking anything else. :D

If you are able to, please sponsor me here (http://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Lennon1).

I really do appreciate your support. Thank you. :)

DarthSte.

DarthSte
09-08-2012, 11:37
That you all so much (so far)!

Of the money that I haved raised online, three quarters of it is from Warseers! :D:D:D

BigbyWolf
10-08-2012, 13:46
Wait, you mean it was for charity?!?

I thought I was buying your Warhams! :cries:

DarthSte
10-08-2012, 14:01
You can give me money for that as well, if you'd like?

DarthSte
13-08-2012, 11:49
OH thanks to BlackCherry as well!! :D:D

Crube
13-08-2012, 12:07
Just a quick reminder that this thread is in Random Musings, not Teh Wastes folks...

Crube
The WarSeer Inquisition

DarthSte
04-09-2012, 10:54
So it'd be cool if more people sponsored me.

Recent press has suggested that the UK government is going to criminalise squatting, making more people homeless and so increasing the amount of work charities are going to have to do to help some of the most vulnerable. (Any discussion on that needs to be in the politics and religion forums, not here)

See more details in my signature.

DarthSte
13-09-2012, 08:23
Only a few days left to race day, on one hand I'm looking forward to it, but on the other hand I'm filled with dread.
Thanks to everybody that has sponsored me so far, I think I have had £65 from Warseers, so am really pleased with that.
Obviously anybody else who want to donate, I'd be massively thankful to you as well! :D

All the details are in my signature, still. :)

DarthSte
26-09-2012, 10:02
The Great North Run went well, I have since discovered that work will double all of my sponsorship, so I'm just shy of £1100 for my charity. You can now sponsor by text by sending a message "TEDS77 £?" (where ? is the number of £ you want to sponsor) to 70070 (will only work in the UK, I'd guess).

BigbyWolf
26-09-2012, 10:41
Congratulations on completing the Run.:yes:

DarthSte
06-11-2012, 15:15
Thank you so much to everybody who supported me. I raised £1007.02 for Shelter.