PDA

View Full Version : Themed Mono Khorne Daemons

xX Khorne Xx
30-07-2012, 23:36
So i have been playing around with this idea and i have come to two possible options. the first is the following list

2500 Points

HoK
----BSB
----Armour of Khorne

HoK
----Armour of Khorne
----Soul hunger

HoK
----Armour of Khorne
----Soul hunger

24 Blood letters (8 is the number of Khorne ;))
----full command

24 Bloodletters
----full command

24 Bloodletters
----full command

5 Furies

5 Furies

8 Flesh hounds

8 Flesh hounds

6 Juggernauts
----champion and banner

The second list option would be to combine two of the blocks of Bloodletters and have one horde of 48
Any thoughts, comments, criticisms and feedback are welcome

THANKS!!!!

DaemonReign
30-07-2012, 23:50
Yes, combining two of those 24-blocks into one 48 is a good idea. Now 48 is a bit over-the-top but if you're all into sacred numbers I'm not gonna argue with you (~40 is a pretty good number though).
I see you're a big fan of SoulHunger (I'm not!) - perhaps a FireStorm Blade for one of those Heralds?
I'd stick one of those Heralds with the Juggers if really going for a unit of six, otherwise I'd split them to two units of 3.
FleshHounds - I concider 6 being their 'sacred number' (excuse the pun) so either 6 or 12 but 8 is what we ran in 7th Ed. Pretty much.
When bringing Furies, bring 6 to a unit.
Oh and for Pete's sake your BSB should have the Great Standard of Sundering. :)
I hope this is of any help.

xX Khorne Xx
31-07-2012, 00:09
i appreciate the help!!
lol i forgot to type in standard of sundering but yes i do have it. haha

i was also considering combining the two blocks but moving eight over to the other unit leaving me with a unit of 40 and 32

i have to leave the dogs in groups of eight ( for khornes sake lol) i know theyre not as effective but its worth it to me

i will probly drop a jugg and relocate a herald, i just have to fine tune the points

why 6 furies tho?

DaemonReign
02-08-2012, 09:36
6 models is the maximum that gets to attack Warmachines, basically.
To some extent the 'extra model' also makes your unit of Furies just a tad more durable to shooting as they are moving up.
Let's say you lose 3 to shooting - if you have 2 left you can't really expect to even deal with a WM-crew.. where-as if you have 3 there's at least a chance.
Comes down to personal preference though, I'll readily admit. :)

xX Khorne Xx
02-08-2012, 09:53
sounds like solid reasoning to me . SOLD!!!

Jind_Singh
04-08-2012, 07:49
I would never drop the 3 units of letters into 1 horde - I'd stick with the 3 combat blocks you have - I run pure Khorne too - and in games I didn't use the GD I ran 3 blocks of troops and they just RAMPAGE!

What I would have done though is dropped soul hunger on one unit to give one of the 3 units (not the BSB) the endless war icon to charge extra D6" for 1st charge - that's EPIC as you get 3D6 plus 5" charge - really catches folks off guard!

I love the army otherwise, 8 is the number - but I stick with 5's - my hounds would have been 5+ and the points saved grabs me more furies to act as missile screens - vs high shooty armies our poor letters go down fast - so the screens of furies to protect them is crucial - I also run furies in 6's but more for the fact that even with 3 dead the remaining 3 still act as decent cover - were 2 just become poo!

xX Khorne Xx
05-08-2012, 09:08
it wpild be one horde and one combat block tho

Jind_Singh
05-08-2012, 15:36
I played a dude, awesome player, who loves to run the massive block -his main problem is against players who know the game they will ignore the block and go after everything else - and one block is very easy to work around - 3 blocks though - that's another story!

Plus when targeting the army - 3 blocks mean 3 targets - so must make choices about which one to go for, 1 super block - throw it all against them!

Your army, your call!

Bladelord
05-08-2012, 15:52
What about going the 3rd route & bring 2 bigger hordes:P