PDA

View Full Version : The rumoured WE Kindreds/Sprites

Sylass
07-06-2005, 10:08
Thanks to Tancred II von Quenelles for providing us with a list of rumoured WE Kindreds & Sprites. :)

Here's a slightly edited version (;)) of what he submitted:

*edit*
UPDATE: For a list of Magic Weapons, lease take a look at post #62 (and the following) in this thread.

WE Kindreds:

Kindreds are not part of the magic item allowance.

Wardancer:
on foot only, can only join Wardancer units
loses bow, becomes a Wardancer. Restricted to Wardancer armour or weapons. Character uses the same dance as a unit he joined.

Eternal:
Eternal Guard fighting rules (only in connection with mundane armour/weapons).

may not join anybody or be general. Gains a huge I & M bonus and an extra A

Wild Riders:
restricted to mundane spear & light armour or magical armour/spear. Has to ride an elven steed or a white stag (stats similar to a Pegasus with +1M, WS, S, -1A).

Scout:
Character gains the “Scout” special rules, on foot only.

Watcher:
for models on foot only, no armour allowed, becomes a Waywatcher, “Lethal Shot” special rule only in connection with mundane bows.

Glamourweawe:
Mages only, becomes a forestspirit, may ride a Unicorn or an elven steed.

WE Spites:

Sprites are paid from the magic items allowance.

A blight of Terror:
Causes terror.

Beffudelment of mischiefs:
Magic missle 18”, bound spell with PL3, non-immune-to-psychology target is affected by stupidity

A murder of sprites:
+D6 poisoned, magical S2 A.

Muster of maewolents:
6” range, D6 S2 magical & poisoned shots, hit on 4+, can be used in a stand&shoot charge reaction

An annoyance of netlings:
In a challenge, the bearer can only be hit on 6+

Resplendence luminiscents:
Character and unit he is with get magical attacks.

Lamentation of despairs:
One use only, bound spell with PL3. Pick any model. If target fails a LD test, it`ll suffer D3 wounds with no saves allowed

Cluster of radiants (Ancient Treeman or Branchwraith only):
+1 dispeldice.

Pageant of Shrikes:
18” shooting attack, S4, hits on 3+, ignores targeting restrictions
In case someone has any 'corrections' to this, feel free to comment, but please remember the "no statlines, no pointcost, no breaking of copyrights" policy.

Thanks. :)

*edit*
UPDATE: For a list of Magic Weapons, lease take a look at post #62 (and the following) in this thread.

warsmith
07-06-2005, 11:46
WE Spites:

Spites are paid from the magic items allowance.

that mean WE hero can take one Spites as a MI?

Jedi152
07-06-2005, 11:49
It simply means that they are paid for out of the characters MI allowance, in the same way as HE honours and VC bloodline powers.

In the case of VC, you could buy as many as you wanted/could afford, and they don't count as magic items, so presumably the rules will be the same for WE.

Galonthar
07-06-2005, 11:50
I`ve heard treemen could also take sprites,... can anyone confirm that?,...

it seems a little overpowerd too me to be able to give a treeman a Lamentation of despairs (but I like the idea.. :evilgrin: )

Jedi152
07-06-2005, 11:52
Cluster of radiants (Ancient Treeman or Branchwraith only):
+1 dispeldice.
This seems to indicate that treemen can buy sprites. How is giving a treeman 'Lamentation of despairs' any more powerful than any other character? :confused:

warsmith
07-06-2005, 11:55
treeman can buy up to 100 and dry hero can 50, IIRC

Galonthar
07-06-2005, 12:06
This seems to indicate that treemen can buy sprites. How is giving a treeman 'Lamentation of despairs' any more powerful than any other character? :confused:

uuhm.... why would it be more powerfull?,.... :
- "One use only, bound spell with PL3. Pick any model. If target fails a LD test, it`ll suffer D3 wounds with no saves allowed" -

that could kill a lord in one go,... (and if I understand this correctly, even wardsaves won`t save you.. :evilgrin: *MUHAHAHA* :evilgrin: )

treeman can buy up to 100 and dry hero can 50, IIRC
uh-oh.. is that treeman,. the CORE treeman????

Xavier
07-06-2005, 12:17
No.. that would be the lord treeman who can buy 100 points of magic items, the branch weaver or whatever the hero level one is can buy 50 points of magic items and be a level 1 mage.

The core treemen are dryads in the spirit list arent they? and the ogre size unit of them is special..?

Wood Eater Ressurected
07-06-2005, 12:23
and only driads and treemans can buy more than 1 spite. So you can't give your archmage 4 different spites.

Inquis. Jaeger
07-06-2005, 12:30
and only driads and treemans can buy more than 1 spite. So you can't give your archmage 4 different spites.

Really guys. Please say SPRITES. Not SPITES. Unless you want them to all have Dark Elf Cold One Mounts...

Galonthar
07-06-2005, 12:38
No.. that would be the lord treeman who can buy 100 points of magic items, the branch weaver or whatever the hero level one is can buy 50 points of magic items and be a level 1 mage.

The core treemen are dryads in the spirit list arent they? and the ogre size unit of them is special..?

sry,.. I meant to say the rare (=ogre sized) treemen

koven_lexter
07-06-2005, 12:50
Wild Riders:
restricted to mundane spear & light armour or magical armour/spear. Has to ride an elven steed or a white stag (stats similar to a Pegasus with +1M, WS, S, -1A).

In case someone has any 'corrections' to this, feel free to comment
I believe the Wild Rider Kindred also makes the character a Forest Spirit, with all the special rules that implies.

warsmith
07-06-2005, 13:54

what? i dun think race one is ogre sized, should be large target sized... i think

Avian
07-06-2005, 14:07
I think it may be worthwhile to repeat that only the characters can buy Spites. Units, including Rare choice ordinary Treemen, can not.

So:
-Ancient Treeman (Lord + Rare, I've heard): Up to 100 pts of Spites, any number
-Highborn (Lord): Up to 100 pts of Spites, but max 1*
-Spellweaver (Lord: As Higborn
-Branchwraith (Hero): Up to 50 pts of Spites, any number
-Noble (Hero): Up to 50 pts of Spites, max 1
-Mage (Hero): As Noble

* ie. effectively max 50 pts, since that is the most expensive one, I've heard

Neknoh
07-06-2005, 14:29

Erm...

Core: Dryad man-zised
Special: Treekin Ogre-sized
Rare: Treeman HUGE-sized, presumably a Large Target.

Lord: Same model as Rare

And why can the Treeman Lord take Sprites when a Shaggoth Champion cannot take a single magic item... I feel cheated

Avian
07-06-2005, 14:35
And why can the Treeman Lord take Sprites when a Shaggoth Champion cannot take a single magic item... I feel cheated
A Shaggoth Champion gets marks, an Ancient Treeman gets Spites. Neither get magic items...

warsmith
07-06-2005, 17:59
oh, one question, can treeman stand and shoot=.=

Wood Eater Ressurected
07-06-2005, 19:06
no mention that he can, and otherwise too

warsmith
07-06-2005, 19:25
Hagbane Arrows 35p---

i saw difference fuction in difference website..
pls tell me hit auto wound with no save or hit emery t test and auto die no save?
if use with BOL, can kill more than one unit?

LaughinGremlin
07-06-2005, 20:26
OK, I hope that the following is legally legitimate:

I don't see why the ancient treeman couldn't utilize the Muster of Maewolents, which I'd assume imbue the treeman with the ability to say, "Sprites, sick 'em! Get 'em boys!"

next:
If anyone made a 2000 pt. list with a tree lord and three dryad heroes, would he attempt to make the heroes level one mages, or simply buy a couple darling "dispel sprites" for each dryad hero, which would cost as much as the price of making a dryad a level one mage?

making the dryad heroes mages = 5 pd and 5 dd, with the potential to spend even more for "dispel sprites" (a possible 10 extra dispel if you go crazy with all the available sprite room)

making them scroll caddies = 2 pd and 8 dd (for the same cost), with the potential to spend even more on extra "dispel sprites" (a possible 4 extra dispell on the treeman lord)
*The downside to this route is that you have less room for fun, offensive sprites, but your spirits will be hit with less fireballs hopefully.

I personally wonder if five power dice could do much, even when accompanied by three bound spells (between the tree lord and a second treeman), plus any "bound spell sprites" that you attach to an army. Strategies on your end (without mentioning point costs of course)?

warsmith
08-06-2005, 06:30
OK, I hope that the following is legally legitimate:

I don't see why the ancient treeman couldn't utilize the Muster of Maewolents, which I'd assume imbue the treeman with the ability to say, "Sprites, sick 'em! Get 'em boys!"

next:
If anyone made a 2000 pt. list with a tree lord and three dryad heroes, would he attempt to make the heroes level one mages, or simply buy a couple darling "dispel sprites" for each dryad hero, which would cost as much as the price of making a dryad a level one mage?

making the dryad heroes mages = 5 pd and 5 dd, with the potential to spend even more for "dispel sprites" (a possible 10 extra dispel if you go crazy with all the available sprite room)

making them scroll caddies = 2 pd and 8 dd (for the same cost), with the potential to spend even more on extra "dispel sprites" (a possible 4 extra dispell on the treeman lord)
*The downside to this route is that you have less room for fun, offensive sprites, but your spirits will be hit with less fireballs hopefully.

I personally wonder if five power dice could do much, even when accompanied by three bound spells (between the tree lord and a second treeman), plus any "bound spell sprites" that you attach to an army. Strategies on your end (without mentioning point costs of course)?

hey man, each spirits is one per army..........dun u know?????

adreal
08-06-2005, 08:03
are you sure about that, or are you just assuming from the fact that elves can only get one sprite. Yuo can take multipule H. Elf honors and V. Count blood line powers, also temple of khain artifacts arn't one per army

(not sure on lizardmen, chaos and brettonian thingo's)

warsmith
08-06-2005, 09:12
i dun know, that's what i heard form other forum...

Wood Eater Ressurected
08-06-2005, 10:35
One per army. That's true.

Al Neherim
08-06-2005, 10:46
One per army seems a bit wrong to me.
Maybe some kind of sprite can be purchased 0-1 per army, but the others should be 0+ per army.

Wood Eater Ressurected
08-06-2005, 11:02
Say it to GW. Now one per army.

Al Neherim
08-06-2005, 11:12
Sure? Where did you get this info?

Akuma
08-06-2005, 13:57
Hay how about magic banners and rest of the items - could someone post enigmatic ;) sumary :D - i wander what WE will use to kill dragons in 2000 points - no T herose and treemens to slow and no maschiines - help me on this one.

warsmith
08-06-2005, 14:02
easy...
Lord with The Alter Kondreds+ BOL + Hagbane Arrows can easy to kill it...
but i heear there have 2 version of Hagbane Arrows , one is hit auto wound, the other one is hit emery take T test or die (both without A.Save or W.save)

no chaos dragon with 3+ Ward sv right now..hehehe

Akuma
08-06-2005, 14:06
You want to say there are arrows that auto wound on hit and allow no AS or WS - You must be out of your mind :D - Runefang - costs 100 pts and its autowound and no AS AND its Sword - and BOL will be 30 pts or 40 pts - so you'r super arrow would be 60 points - no chance dude - you must have false ide of this item :D

warsmith
08-06-2005, 14:17
oh.... u dun know ....

u dun know The Alter Kondreds is lower than 40 pts that will have including in MI
u dun know BOL cost lower than 40 pts
u dun know Hagbane Arrows is lower than 40 pts and u dun know the rules of this arrows.......

pls check all info before u post.........

sorry than i can't post the actual points because of breaching the copyright

Thomas

Akuma
08-06-2005, 15:04
Sorry so you are saying that is perfectly possible to have 5 attacks that hit mostly on 2+ AUTOWOUND and WITHOUT AS OR WS ??? !!! :wtf: - can someone confirm this plese ???

Leceaus
08-06-2005, 18:07
oh.... u dun know ....

That's not even a word.
How about you spell it out so rest of the world understands you.

Leceaus
08-06-2005, 18:10
Oh. And I heard that Hagbane makes target take toughness test. And kills only if they fail that.

Still, not sure if it occurs only at wound or hit.

I would bet on wound.

warsmith
08-06-2005, 18:11
dun= don't

warsmith
08-06-2005, 18:15
i also hear that, so the possible result is 5 2+ hit and emery take T test or die with no save, or 5 2+ hit, auto wound with no save....
let see why i said that:
- Hagbane Arrows 3Xp (opponent lose a wound, no saves allowed, even ward)
- Hagbane Arrows X5p (opponent hit must make T test or die, no saves allowed)

yes, difference website have difference version and fuction....

Xavier
08-06-2005, 18:30
I think it may be worthwhile to repeat that only the characters can buy Spites. Units, including Rare choice ordinary Treemen, can not.

Wasnt there somthing about units being able to buy them like chaos buy marks, might have been an old rumour.. and ive not read this whole thread yet so this might have already been mentioned and if that is the case then.. well.. oh well

Akuma
08-06-2005, 19:11
Warsmith - it will probably 2 wersoin and it doesnt states it passses wards :D

warsmith
08-06-2005, 19:30
Warsmith - it will probably 2 wersoin and it doesnt states it passses wards :D

u mean "version"???
no saves allowed= no any A.save or W.save=.=" but can regen............

Galonthar
08-06-2005, 19:45
LIGHT!!....

BOL + those creepy arrows + BS 6 or something (allmost autohit...)

u guyz must be TOTALLY mad :cheese:

you can`t seriously mean GW would allow such a faarr to powerfull combo...... it would even be able to butcher those next too immortal powerfull chaos knights.. IN 1 ARROW PER KNIGHT?!?!?! :evilgrin: :chrome: :evilgrin:

Akuma
08-06-2005, 19:52
no - no saves alowed mean AS - it has to state clearly no word save - sucha as violet fire , or deamon blade of lizardman ;)

Xavier
08-06-2005, 20:23
u mean "version"???
no saves allowed= no any A.save or W.save=.=" but can regen............

oh please you of all people shouldnt be correcting peoples spelling.. er I mean

o plz u of all ppl shudnt b correctin ppls spellin

Tancred II von Quenelles
08-06-2005, 20:46
Really guys. Please say SPRITES. Not SPITES. Unless you want them to all have Dark Elf Cold One Mounts...
They are SPITES

Akuma
08-06-2005, 20:48
Whatever - could you plese post magic items summary - without points - just what thay do and cost can be safly posted by 20 - 40 and so on ( betwean 20 and 40 ) or just under 50 30 70 and so on so do it - do it now :D

Tancred II von Quenelles
08-06-2005, 20:52
MA soon
Spites are 1 type per army. Treemen Ancients \and dryad heroes may take them, but no magic items. elwen heroe may take up to 1 spite each. Magic arrows can t be combined vith magic bows at one turn, you choose what you use.

Zeb
08-06-2005, 21:01
So we can't combine magical bows and magical arrows anymore? That's a supprise, I know that Hail of Doom couln't be combined but that was the only limitation I know about...

Xxcha
08-06-2005, 21:52
When you think about it, it is quite reasonnable. Some of the benefits that these would confer would lead to a new hatred for the wood elves.

Leceaus
08-06-2005, 23:49
Not allowing combining Magical Bow and Arrow is such a stupid idea. Why wouldn't they work together? Any reasonable fluff? Or are Wood Elves really that stupid that they can't figure out how to use them?

Okay.. That was a bit stupid. It's about game balance, I know. But still..

Sigh.. I was hoping we would get better shooting for our characters than High Elves does but no, it was not to be.

malisteen
09-06-2005, 00:10
As far as I have heard magical bows and arrows should work together, and would hardly be unbalanced. I mean, seriously, can you honestly see someone complaining about 3 s3 shots a turn, even if they do ignore armor? Keep in mind, this will likely cost many points, more then a repeating bolt thrower, and a hero slot (a hero who, consequentially, is not a wizard and is not particularly ace in close combat). Not really that big a deal, honestly.

The other combination involves the witchery arrows, but even that is hardly ridiculous. Again, this would cost many points (though this is one that could work on a mage, so the hero could have some other value). But even still, as I understand it those arrows only ignore saves on the autokill portion. First they have to hit, then they have to wound, then they have to make it through armor and ward saves. If they successfully wound after all that, only then does the target have to take a toughness test, and only after failing that test does the target automatically die without any (further) saves. It is worthless against individual troops (which have only one wound anyway), and next to worthless against big monsters (who are unlikely to fail the save, and are next to immune to the origional S3 shot).

This means that they are pretty much only good against high level enemy wizards, who are normally untargetable by the likes of the bow of loren. Therefore the character would need to take the targeting bow, which would limit the arrows to one shot a turn, and the mages in question would be free to leave their units to hide somewhere else. Decent, given how many ways wood elves will have to hunt down wandering mages, but given how powerful magic is against wood elves I hardly find this overpowering.

The only really broken possibility I can see is the rumored targeting bow plus the hail of doom arrow. Even the strongest characters wouldn't like to be picked out individually by one of those, even only once per game. So either there will be an exception for the hail of doom arrow or magical bows and arrows will be fundamentally split (I haven't heard any rumors either way). If the latter is the case, then wood elf missile characters will continue to be... inconsequential. Especially with the absence of the hunting spear and the decrease in S of the Bow of Loren.

samw
09-06-2005, 00:40
Why didn't they just do a O-1 kindred of expert archers who could combine magic bows and arrows? This would mean a points cost (hence balanced) and only one of them per army no matter the size. Seems fair to me. However I will wait for the book to pass final judgement.

warsmith
09-06-2005, 05:02
Not allowing combining Magical Bow and Arrow is such a stupid idea. Why wouldn't they work together? Any reasonable fluff? Or are Wood Elves really that stupid that they can't figure out how to use them?

Okay.. That was a bit stupid. It's about game balance, I know. But still..

Sigh.. I was hoping we would get better shooting for our characters than High Elves does but no, it was not to be.

I totally agree... why HE can have 3 S5 bow=.=.....but BOL only 3-5 with S3, because WE is cheaper than HE when shooting????? OMG

warsmith
09-06-2005, 05:08
As far as I have heard magical bows and arrows should work together, and would hardly be unbalanced. I mean, seriously, can you honestly see someone complaining about 3 s3 shots a turn, even if they do ignore armor? Keep in mind, this will likely cost many points, more then a repeating bolt thrower, and a hero slot (a hero who, consequentially, is not a wizard and is not particularly ace in close combat). Not really that big a deal, honestly.

The other combination involves the witchery arrows, but even that is hardly ridiculous. Again, this would cost many points (though this is one that could work on a mage, so the hero could have some other value). But even still, as I understand it those arrows only ignore saves on the autokill portion. First they have to hit, then they have to wound, then they have to make it through armor and ward saves. If they successfully wound after all that, only then does the target have to take a toughness test, and only after failing that test does the target automatically die without any (further) saves. It is worthless against individual troops (which have only one wound anyway), and next to worthless against big monsters (who are unlikely to fail the save, and are next to immune to the origional S3 shot).

This means that they are pretty much only good against high level enemy wizards, who are normally untargetable by the likes of the bow of loren. Therefore the character would need to take the targeting bow, which would limit the arrows to one shot a turn, and the mages in question would be free to leave their units to hide somewhere else. Decent, given how many ways wood elves will have to hunt down wandering mages, but given how powerful magic is against wood elves I hardly find this overpowering.

The only really broken possibility I can see is the rumored targeting bow plus the hail of doom arrow. Even the strongest characters wouldn't like to be picked out individually by one of those, even only once per game. So either there will be an exception for the hail of doom arrow or magical bows and arrows will be fundamentally split (I haven't heard any rumors either way). If the latter is the case, then wood elf missile characters will continue to be... inconsequential. Especially with the absence of the hunting spear and the decrease in S of the Bow of Loren.

hey u

That is the only post i agree with u since u poast so much at sudden...... just a joke...lol

If Magic bow can't use with Magic arrows....
the chaos dragon just fly fly and fly and in ur face......WE.......

and a Lord with BOL with ALTER with MAGIC BOW cost about 250+.......
a hell cannon have S10 re-roll+ d6 wound + terror also 275=.=.....
what u mean unbalance???? :evilgrin:

and , if u want 5 shot... i don't know can it be, ur gerenal LD must only have max. 9, and ur Lord will single out.... that is a point, i believe MI can be use together.......but the final answer need to buy a WEarmy to check or someone already have army book to help us..... but some of them say yes and some of them say no.............. :angel:

Scactha
09-06-2005, 07:51
I went over to Pyramid Vault and asked Litzi. (The provider of the detailed 'rumor list' posted there, at Waystone, Battle Glade etc. Anywhere but here because of the moderation basically. Not Tancreds.)

His answer:

You can combine Magic bow and arrows shots, but if you use them on Waywather character, you lose KB on short range. Not sure 'bout Hail of Doom Arrow, though. I.e. pretty much what we all thought.

warsmith
09-06-2005, 08:38
yes........................................ great!!!!
Hail of doom arrow should have no additional effect, it mean 3D6 S4..... the only difference is 36", and the normal bow is 30"
but some interesting things is now, for the WD, the WE can only fire Hail of doom arrow in normal bow.....WTF????

Thx scactha for the comfirm, but can u pls confirm the detail and use of MAGIC BOW cost 35 pts? is that hit auto wound or hit = emery T test? is that no A.s and W.s?

Tancred II von Quenelles
10-06-2005, 04:07

So:
-Ancient Treeman (Lord + Rare, I've heard): Up to 100 pts of Spites, any number
-Highborn (Lord): Up to 100 pts of Spites, but max 1*
-Spellweaver (Lord: As Higborn
-Branchwraith (Hero): Up to 50 pts of Spites, any number
-Noble (Hero): Up to 50 pts of Spites, max 1
-Mage (Hero): As Noble

* ie. effectively max 50 pts, since that is the most expensive one, I've heard
Yes you are right.

Tancred II von Quenelles
10-06-2005, 04:13
oh, one question, can treeman stand and shoot=.=
IIRC yes. Look for it next week :)

warsmith
10-06-2005, 04:33
thx for answer... and great, stand and shoot with autohit=.= wtf?

Galonthar
10-06-2005, 12:21
euhm.. have I missed something?,...

can treemen shoot....?? :eek: ??
with what?... will they become the new WE "siege weapons"??? (a treeman is surey big & strong enough to start tossing with stones... :P)

Odin
10-06-2005, 13:37
Er, yes you've missed something - very strong rumours point to a "strangleroot" attack for treemen. Range 6" using artillery dice to determine the number of hits or something like that. There were also rumours a while ago about treement being able to lob stones (in much the same way as a stone thrower). I liked the second idea best, but looks like the first one is more likely.

warsmith
10-06-2005, 14:25
no way for treeman be a stone thrower... otherwise, it is overpower and not balance.......
below290 pts can have one bound and same power with a dragon.............
i think no one will miss them in 2000 pts........

portentjunkie
10-06-2005, 20:15
no way for treeman be a stone thrower... otherwise, it is overpower and not balance.......
below290 pts can have one bound and same power with a dragon.............
i think no one will miss them in 2000 pts........

I think it's a safe bet that they were thinking about it and it just didn't make the final list.

In addition to the rumors about it, if you look carefully at the cover of the army book, part of the artwork shows a treeman with a large rock held as if he is about to throw it.

Tancred II von Quenelles
12-06-2005, 22:21
Magic weapons.

Spirit Sword:
Autowound. After that both fighters roll a D6 + Ld. The loser suffers a number of wounds equal to the difference between the rolls.

Daith's Reaperre:
Re-roll to hit. Enemy re-rolls passed armoursaves.

Bow of Loren:
No penal for multiple shots. As many shots as A of the owner.

The Hunters Talon:
Ignore targeting restrictions

The Spear of Twilight:
Spear with KB

Blades of Loec:
Wardancer weapon, Wardancer only, re-roll failed To Wound rolls. Can be used with dances

Dawnspear:
If enemy suffers a wound, a char-unit\both of them are suffering -1 to hit that round

Callach's claw:
- 1 LD pen. to a unit that suffered at least 1 unsaved wound inflicted by the claw.

Sword of a Thousand Winters:
Char and Monster need to test against T each. If failed the A, I and S are reduced by 1 to min of 1

Rageth s Wildfire Blades:
fire attack hand weapons

Asiendi's bane:
The spite living in the bow allows to re-rolll any misses, but for a failed re-roll bearer sufferes a s3 hit.

Avian
12-06-2005, 22:25
Who the heck would want a sword that can kill the wielder?
(apart from Skaven, that is...)

Tancred II von Quenelles
12-06-2005, 22:29
Who the heck would want a sword that can kill the wielder?
(apart from Skaven, that is...)

It seems me welwes came to Loren, lured by spirits, then, when understood where tey came , tryed to escape to Ultuan, but spirits got used to their toys and elwes degradated :angel:

If not otherwise noted, all Magic Armor counts as Light Armour or gives a bonus 6+ armour save (e.g. the helm).

Railarian's Mantle:
light armour, if within 6" from forest, then 4+ Ward Save

Oaken Armor:
Regeneration

Helm of the Hunt:
+1WS & +1A on charge

Armour of the Fey:
4+ ward against magical attacks in CC

Briartheath:
wearer is -1 to hit the wearer with shooting attacks (-2 if he is in the forest

samw
12-06-2005, 22:59
Perhaps for the spirit sword the wounds are only caused against the enemy. e.g.

WE Highborn wounds empire captain, players roll off:

WE player rolls three, 3+10=13
Empire player rolls four, 4+8=12

13-12=1 hence captain dies. However if:

Empire player rolls six, 6+8=14

13-14=-1, hence no further wounds are caused on the captain. This doesn't necessarily mean wounds are caused on the WE Highborn though.

Hence the spirit sword can't wound the bearer, it just might not cause further wounds on the victim.

I think this is more likely surely?

warsmith
13-06-2005, 01:13
thx for Brother Sergeant... can u pls show the points cost by ( not over 50, below 35....something like that)
anyway, pls share more information........great!!@@

NakedFisherman
13-06-2005, 01:56
Perhaps for the spirit sword the wounds are only caused against the enemy. e.g.

WE Highborn wounds empire captain, players roll off:

Empire player rolls four, 4+8=12

13-12=1 hence captain dies. However if:

Empire player rolls six, 6+8=14

13-14=-1, hence no further wounds are caused on the captain. This doesn't necessarily mean wounds are caused on the WE Highborn though.

Hence the spirit sword can't wound the bearer, it just might not cause further wounds on the victim.

I think this is more likely surely?

IIRC, it can also kill the wielder.

Neknoh
13-06-2005, 09:09
It sure seems like a good weapon against Skaven and O&G characters.

And that armour that gives a 4+ Wardsave against Magical attacks is for sure one of the best armours to use against a Daemonic Legion list, imagine the face of your opponent when he realizes that you have a 4+ Ward against all of his attacks, while when you played his mortal horde yesterday, that guy got chopped to pieces in notime.

Any news on magic Arrows?

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 09:45
IIRC, it can also kill the wielder.
yes - the spite hates ewerybody:p

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 09:55
Got some bacground info - Drycha hates welwes - one of her rules. Woodies killed Morghur 3 or 4 times and are waiting for the end of loren -Morghur is gathering beastmen. Ewen if elwes win, Drycha frees the eldest treemen (between them a really great old treeman), who were bound by the elwes to some deep part of the forest, where nobody sane komes.

Wild hunt is wild aspect od Kurnous and 1 day a year hunt humans and ewen elwes.

Twin dragonsisters are not sisters - one day a girl reternid with her duplicate. They represent wild nature of Kurnous - the whitheired destroys all, while blackhaired heals and speaks. Easy to kill them- both are with 2 wounds, hawe no wards or armour.

Bretonnian boys are either killed or kept playing in rout gardens under the trees. They donot become elder. Lady of the lake is not a woodelf.

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 09:58
SS coasts less than it coasted, but mose then Valorous Standard :p

warsmith
13-06-2005, 10:19
good!!!.. more and more pls....

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 10:35
Talismans
The Rhymer s Harp 5+ ward to the bearer, mount and his unit. They mowe through all diff terrain as norm
- Amaranthine Brooch (3+ Ward Save - non-magic attack only)
Amber Pendant – on foot only. All enemy in b to base always strike last, ewen if they always strike first
- Stone of the Crystal Mere (3+ Ward save for character and his mount, works until failed.)

Merclw s Locus- Opponent doesn't receive any S bonuses for magic'n'non-magic weapons -
- Glamourweave ward save 4+ from shooting attack and magic attack attacking enemy must pass Ld test or he hits on 6.
Stone of rebirth – 1use item. 2+ ward when reduced to last wound
The Fimbulwinter shard 1 to hit the bearer and mouht in HtH, but spirits of the forest stupid within 6*

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 10:36
Arcane items
- Wand of Wych Elm - reroll failed dispel rolls
-Diwination orb Adds 1 dice for dispelling spells cast with more than 3
dice (meaning 4 or more)
Ranu s heartstone- re-roll 1dice (can cause mistcast/IF) one use only
- The Deepwood Sphere re-roll effect of Tree Singing (moving forest and hits in forest)
- Calaingor s Stave +1" to forest movement, Tree singing can be cast twice

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 10:38
Enchant items
Wraithstone all enemy within 6* -1 Ld
- Arcane Bodkins (magic arrows - no armour save)
- Hagbane Arrows (opponent hit must make T test or die, no saves allowed)
- Hail of Doom (same as now) - Moonstrone of The Hidde n Ways -, one use only, at the end of Move phase bearer and unit he/she's with can teleport from forest to forest.)
Starfire arrows – panic test regardless of numb of casualties
- Horn of the asrai – all enemy able to charge the unit take LD or must charge (all tests\reactions as normal)
- Elynett s brooch – re-roll all Ld failed tests
- Dragontooth Arrows – Wounded are stupid ewen if immune to psih- Gwyrec s horn one use at the start of we turn bearer and unit become immune to psih.
-

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 10:39
Banners
Gaermath – The Banner of Midwinter- standard - unbrekable till start of next player's turn, one use
Faoghir - Banner of Dwindling - enemy rolls 1 dice less when fleeing.
-Saemrath - The banner of Zenith (Enemy can't march in 12")
- The Royal Standard of Ariel - BSB & unit he's with causes fear, friendlu units 12" get MR(1)
- banner of Springtide allows Stand&Shoot reaction even if enemy charges from closer thah half charge distance

Zeb
13-06-2005, 11:11
Damn, seem to me as if they took away the D3 wounds arrow... Well, there is other good stuff there...back to the table and a new list.

warsmith
13-06-2005, 11:11
The Fimbulwinter shard 1 to hit the bearer and mouht in HtH, but spirits of the forest stupid within 6*

can u explain this one?
emery -1 to hit? and forest spirits within 6" stupid?

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 11:14

can u explain this one?
emery -1 to hit? and forest spirits within 6" stupid?

It is cold and freeses enemy, so -1 to hit. Forestspirits hawe lots in common with wrees, trees sleep in winter, so that s it :p

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 11:22
Soon I hope to own all the parts of the book and tell more about special chars and background.

warsmith
13-06-2005, 12:05
yes, u can, what we want is get more info about WE before they come out...........

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 12:13
I ll try ;)

Avian
13-06-2005, 13:04
I really hate the way they are including a lot of stuff of the "moves immovable object" type.

"My Sword of the Hornet says I strike first!"
"Yeah? Well, my Amber pendant says you strike last even if you'd strike first! Hah!"
"Yeah? Yeah? Well, my Pendant of Chotec says you strike last also! So there!"
"Err, now what?"

Zeb
13-06-2005, 13:31
And all "Always Strike first" with different wiews of how to handle always strike first if both has it... but this time on a unit...

Xavier
13-06-2005, 13:43
They need to standardise how it works..

In that sort of situation we tend to say they cancel each other out, or roll a dice to see which takes effect or work around how it would work out...

In the situation avian said, wouldn't it go in initative order again (they are strikeing last, but now their strikeing last at initative order..?

Avian
13-06-2005, 13:53
They need to standardise how it works..
More than that, they have to stop making needless exceptions. The item would probably be just as good if it just said that "The bearer strikes first, even against chargers. If the enemy was also entitled to strike first, go in In-order. If that's even, then roll a dice."
Much more consistent and probably the exact same effect in 99% of the cases.

*mumblemumblestupidanthonyreynoldsmumble*

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 15:22
It is is said that strikefirst items strike last.

warsmith
13-06-2005, 15:47
It is is said that strikefirst items strike last.

this mean WE player must can strike first..........

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 15:54
Yes. He always always strikes first before everybody.

Zeb
13-06-2005, 16:51
But what about stuff that isn't items, like skills or bloodlinepowers...?

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 17:12
But what about stuff that isn't items, like skills or bloodlinepowers...?
You mean kindreds?
Kindreds don't use up points for magic items/spirits. A character can take only 1 Kindred

Wardencer Kindreds :Can't have any armor and can have only magic weapon designated as Wardancer Weapon. On foot only, can join only Wardancers. If in Wardancer unit, must make the same dance as unit

Eternal Kindreds: Has Eternal Guard Fightning Style(2 hand weapons and 5+ Armor save)

The Alter Kondreds high Mowement and In, +1A Can't be General, can't join other units, on foot only

Scout Kindreds ): Scout special rule. On foot only. Can't have GW

Wild Rider Kindreds : Has spear & light armour. Can't have any additional weapons and armor, but can exchange a spear on a magic spear and light armour on a magic armour. Has Talismanic Tattoos, Fury of Kurnous (+1 atak if not charging) and becomes Forest Spirit. Must be mounted on Steed or Great Stag (, forest spirit)

- Waywatcher : Has Waywatcher rules, if he/she uses magic bow/arrows, KB on short range is lost, can't use GW and any armor, including helm, on foot only

Glamourweave Kindreds (Mage only, ): Forest Spirit. Must be mounted on Steed or Unicorn

Xavier
13-06-2005, 17:15
More than that, they have to stop making needless exceptions. The item would probably be just as good if it just said that "The bearer strikes first, even against chargers. If the enemy was also entitled to strike first, go in In-order. If that's even, then roll a dice."
Much more consistent and probably the exact same effect in 99% of the cases.

*mumblemumblestupidanthonyreynoldsmumble*

Yea, if they just made it all work the same way, and didnt introduce newer items that cancel out other items and abilities it'd be fine

*mumbleitwasprobablygavthorpesfaultmumble*

warsmith
13-06-2005, 17:19
can a unit of wardancer join unit with character such as mage.. in past.. it can't, just want confirm.....i think the answer is only can join hero or lord with Wardencer Kindreds, right?

Xavier
13-06-2005, 17:28
I know its been mentioned before but can you say all the wardancer dances

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 17:39
can a unit of wardancer join unit with character such as mage.. in past.. it can't, just want confirm.....i think the answer is only can join hero or lord with Wardencer Kindreds, right?
Dancer heroe can t goin nondancers. Nothing said about nondancer heroes. I m not sure can they join dancers or not.

Zeb
13-06-2005, 17:44
Nope, not Kinderds.

I ment that the item that makes strike first items strike last, how does that work on skills (assasins) and blood line powers (VC's) since it isn't an item that makes the model strike first...? Does it negate strike first or not? The wording in the book will be very important on this. And I think it's something that GW needs to fix, not have five different solutions on this but better to only have one...

koven_lexter
13-06-2005, 18:05
I ment that the item that makes strike first items strike last, how does that work on skills (assasins) and blood line powers (VC's) since it isn't an item that makes the model strike first...? Does it negate strike first or not?
According to the description given the item makes enemy models in base contact strike last, even those that always strike first. It doesn't say "all enemy models in base contact strike last, even those that have a magic item that makes them always strike first. So according to the description given this magic item would negate all forms of "always strikes first".

Of course this is only based on the description of the item given in this thread, which is probably not exactly what is written in the army book. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 18:10
Strikefirst spellls and items strikind first strike last. All strike last.

warsmith
13-06-2005, 18:19
the answer is very clear for the explain, all base to base strike last......................
All--> including everything...... Magic, bloodline......rune..............blessing.... anything....

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 18:21
the answer is very clear for the explain, all base to base strike last......................
All--> including everything...... Magic, bloodline......rune..............blessing.... anything....
And he is right.

warsmith
13-06-2005, 18:28
can u tell me do the Dragon have any change on stats? same? S2 fire with -3 sv?

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 19:12
can u tell me do the Dragon have any change on stats? same? S2 fire with -3 sv?
Yes. It stays the same :rolleyes: :( :wtf: :

Leceaus
14-06-2005, 00:54
Nice info. Thank you Sir Tancred.

I have a question about Spiritsword.
What do you think how wounds are carried out if I attack multiwound unit like ogres?
Do we throw D6+LD for each wounded attack and add all of thous together to see how many wounds ogre unit suffered.
Or do we throw D6+LD for each ogre. Example I make four wounds, and throw D6+LD three times for one ogre and once for second?

Second option sounds so stupid that I don't think that's the case. But first looks like it would be ideal to beat something like trolls and such. It would be a bit too powerfull. Especially as it helps out where WE characters really need help, wounding.

athamas
14-06-2005, 00:58
for strikes last, it should cancel out the strikes forst, ala reroll all successfull hit/failed to hit

and just work of I order!

IMO the two items would cancel!

Tancred II von Quenelles
14-06-2005, 08:18
Nice info. Thank you Sir Tancred.

What do you think how wounds are carried out if I attack multiwound unit like ogres?
Do we throw D6+LD for each wounded attack and add all of thous together to see how many wounds ogre unit suffered.
Or do we throw D6+LD for each ogre. Example I make four wounds, and throw D6+LD three times for one ogre and once for second?

Second option sounds so stupid that I don't think that's the case. But first looks like it would be ideal to beat something like trolls and such. It would be a bit too powerfull. Especially as it helps out where WE characters really need help, wounding.

I think before making attacs you must declare which ogre\troll you are trying to hit (if you are not on a monster you may try to hit max 2 figures :cool: )

Avian
14-06-2005, 12:46
Yeah, but what happens if the Woodie also has to strike last?

Because, as I read it, the item does nothing to the strike order of the character. So if in a unit that gets charged all enemies NOT in base-to-base with the character would strike, then the character would strike and then the enemies in b2b with the character would strike.

But what happens if the bearer is forced to strike last also???

Avian
14-06-2005, 12:51
For each wound (or hit, since it autowounds) you roll off. For each roll-off, if the number of wounds suffered is greater than the number of wounds the model has, the rest is ignored.

Say you hit (and wound) thrice against Ogres:
First roll off results in the WE winning by 4, meaning that the ogres suffer 3 wounds (ie. you can't lose wounds you haven't got).
Second roll off results in the WE losing by 3, meaning that he is dead also.
Third roll off results in the WE winning by 2, meaning that the ogres suffer an additional 2 wounds.

warsmith
14-06-2005, 13:01
Yeah, but what happens if the Woodie also has to strike last?

Because, as I read it, the item does nothing to the strike order of the character. So if in a unit that gets charged all enemies NOT in base-to-base with the character would strike, then the character would strike and then the enemies in b2b with the character would strike.

But what happens if the bearer is forced to strike last also???

FOR what reason Woodies need to strike last? great weapon?? hey, they magic item have a prior in all case "up to now"

in case... the emery have strike first will still strike last when he is base to base to the bearer even the woodies player next to the bearer bring great weapon......

one again... the emery base to base MUST strike last for no reason.....

just my 2 cent

Xavier
14-06-2005, 13:15
There are magic items other races have that make wood elfs or for that matter any army strike last, gleaming pendent of chotec...

Thats what avian has been asking.

Avian
14-06-2005, 13:17
FOR what reason Woodies need to strike last? great weapon?? hey, they magic item have a prior in all case "up to now"
As pointed out there are other magic items that makes enemies strike last. Lizzies have one, for example.
That could very easily lead to a situation where both sides have to strike last, and then what do you do?
See? Stupid rules made up by stupid designers. :mad:

warsmith
14-06-2005, 13:27
Amber Pendant – on foot only. All enemy in b to base always strike last, ewen if they always strike first.................
gleaming pendent of chotec -- Liazrdman turn only. all emery in base to base strike last.........

lol, i dun know then, need to wait fot army book and may be the rules boy need to say thx for us to discover this interesting question................

Maese Crochets
14-06-2005, 20:58
What are exactly the weapons of the Eternal guards? A pair of hand weapons or a double-handed weapon? Well, I mean what they count like.

warsmith
15-06-2005, 00:40
weapon fuction on first rank is 2 hands and 2 nd rank is spear and alway have 5+ sv

Malachi
15-06-2005, 04:37
weapon fuction on first rank is 2 hands and 2 nd rank is spear and alway have 5+ sv

I was of the understanding that the front rank use two hand weapons (for +1A), rather than a two handed (for +2S). And yeah, the second rank counts as using spears and everyone always gets 5+ save.

They're a special choice unless you take a highborn, in which case they're core. Not sure if the Highborn needs to have the Eternal Guard kindred or not for this to happen. It's never been mentioned before, but to my mind it makes sense for the Lord to have to get the EG kindred to make EG core as it is fitting with the selection options of other races, especially other elves (White Lions become special rather than rare if a HE Lord takes the Lion Guard honour etc.)

Galonthar
15-06-2005, 07:45
Amber Pendant – on foot only. All enemy in b to base always strike last, ewen if they always strike first.................
gleaming pendent of chotec -- Liazrdman turn only. all emery in base to base strike last.........

lol, i dun know then, need to wait fot army book and may be the rules boy need to say thx for us to discover this interesting question................

maybe in initiave (or however you write it) order, isn`t that what you`re supposed to do when both sides have strike first?

Maese Crochets
15-06-2005, 21:19
Do we lose that enchanted item which make a forest grew wherever you threw it? I think it was really joking-my enemies don't ;)

Galonthar
16-06-2005, 07:41
Do we lose that enchanted item which make a forest grew wherever you threw it? I think it was really joking-my enemies don't ;)

that item is called "acorn of ages" (or at leat I think that was the name)

Zeb
16-06-2005, 08:04
And to my knowledge it has been dropped.

Maese Crochets
16-06-2005, 21:10
May the kindreds be chosen by any elf character or is there any restriction (appart from glamourweave kindred)? I mean, could we have a Wardancer Mage or a Wild Rider one?

warsmith
17-06-2005, 03:47
mage can only have glamourweave kindred, and lord or hero can not have glamourweave kindred, also, BSB can't have any of kindreds

PARTYCHICORITA
18-06-2005, 00:19
i wonder if anyone know if treesinging still ends if the forest makes contact with enemy models(since so many things only work if the enemy actually is IN the forest)

Nazguire
18-06-2005, 00:37
And to my knowledge it has been dropped.

Why would it be dropped. From what I can tell, it was more than fair an item. I don't play Wood Elves, but I'd prefer it if the WE still had the Acorn, provided it was upped in points or more limited or something like that. :)

warsmith
18-06-2005, 02:26
i wonder if anyone know if treesinging still ends if the forest makes contact with enemy models(since so many things only work if the enemy actually is IN the forest)...

If contact with emery.... spell stop.... if emery in forest... it can't be moved...

someone answer me before