PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Point High Elf List

Wessaka
02-08-2012, 22:12
Ok, so I'm going down to my local hobby store for the first time to play some Warhammer fantasy. I don't know what army/armies I'll be aganist, but basically I'm just looking for some advice on my list.

Here it is...

Core

30 Spearmen -- Full Command

Special

10 Swordmasters -- Full Command

5 Silver Helms -- Full Command

Lord
High Elf Prince
Barded elven steed
Dragon Armor
Charmed Shield
Dawnstone
Lance

Hero
Mage
Lvl. 2
Jewel of Dusk

So that's it. I think it's a pretty solid list right now, and my choice of models is pretty limited. I'm also very new to the hobby so any tricks or advice for the list you guys have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Malorian
09-08-2012, 20:55
I don't know what other models you have, but I would seriously think about dropping the lord for another unit.

You also probably want to play a few games and then think long and hard about what parts of your command options are actually giving you something of value.

Wbarobinson
10-08-2012, 03:59
At this points level jewel of dusk is not great (too many dice for the number of spells). I would rather take a silver wand, cheaper and more tactically useful. Right now he has nowhere to sit safe though... One cool possibility is folriath's robes with life and you get to give your sm a 5up regen. Speaking of sm, they are too small. You need like 14 for them to get to the line. Sm only need a musician, so thats 24 points saved, and your core does not need a champion and that extra man so that is 19 points there. Keep a cheap mage and you save 5 points, drop the champion on the silver helms and bang 4 extra sm.

Moss
10-08-2012, 17:34
I agree with everything these guys said. If you're using the lord only because you don't have the models to fill out a 1000pt army, then I guess you have no choice; but if possible, you really should get an extra unit or two. With those points, you can get an eagle and some shadow warriors.

What kind of models DO you have laying around?

JudgeSmails
29-08-2012, 11:18
According to the High Elf army book you can't have any Lords in an army under 2000 points.

Dominic1905
29-08-2012, 11:28
According to the High Elf army book you can't have any Lords in an army under 2000 points.

This was true in 7th edition (what the rulebook was written for). However, in 8th you can spend 25% on Lords (at any points level). The High Evles FAQ makes the Choosing your army page in their book redundant.

Basically you can have lords at any points in 8th

Senor
30-08-2012, 12:17
Maybe it is a good idea to print out the Errata & FAQ of Army Book and Big-rule book from the GW wb-site.
With a pair of scissors and glue you could make both your books up-to-date.

In one of my last battles, the guy referred to the rule book. And tried to handed-over his findings.
I took mine "up-to-dated-glued-rule-book" instead and pointed him out otherwise, with the glued FAQ to that rule setting on the same page....hahaha. You should have seen his face :-)