PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Aeronautica?

agurus1
03-08-2012, 18:04
Hey warseer! I got a quick glimpse at some of the units in the book and I was just wondering if anyone else was considering revising their armies to use new units from the book? I think my marines will defiantly get an AA whirlwind! :)

IcedCrow
03-08-2012, 18:15
Yes... it is an amazing book and a great enhancement IMO.

Kulgur
03-08-2012, 22:06
"Hmm these rules are all pretty nea... I have to pay HOW MUCH for ONE Avenger? Stuff that."

The one useful sisters of battle unit from that book I can think of is the 85 quid Avenger :( Normal GW prices already frequently give me pause for thought, but I draw the line at that much for 1 model.

unknown_lifeform
03-08-2012, 22:35
I've just got myself a barracuda to wedge into my tau army. A points drop and being moved into a fast attack slot (rather than a heavy support) makes it far more attractive than before and easy to include in a standard army. Along with twin linked broadsides it gives me a reasonable ammount of anti air cover.

Gutlord Grom
03-08-2012, 22:52
Question: is the Storm Eagle usable by Chaos Marines?

Kulgur
04-08-2012, 00:24
Question: is the Storm Eagle usable by Chaos Marines?

Yep.

Words for the word god.

agurus1
04-08-2012, 01:26
I was also interested in the Vulture but like it was said above steep prices will keep me from usin something I can easily convert or count as.

Dangersaurus
04-08-2012, 05:19
"Hmm these rules are all pretty nea... I have to pay HOW MUCH for ONE Avenger? Stuff that."

The one useful sisters of battle unit from that book I can think of is the 85 quid Avenger :( Normal GW prices already frequently give me pause for thought, but I draw the line at that much for 1 model.

You could almost get 2 squads of Battle Sisters for that!

Hendarion
04-08-2012, 05:34
I like the changes to the Eldar flyers. After the PDF got released, they took quite some nerf-slap, but now they're nice, especially the big ones. I own 'em anyway, so yea, I'm satisfied.

brotherhostower
04-08-2012, 06:36
hugely happy with the book on the whole. 85 quid for the avenger's abit much but NOT that much compaired to some GW models (land raiders, storm ravens, etc). You could get 2 squads of sisters (almost) for that much, but really, this seems like something for after your'e already done buying the fleshy parts of your army... like basic battle sisters squads. I personally, years ago, chalked up a Thunderbolt for my IG (and haven't regretted fielding it, in any of the flyer rules incarnations), and just picked up a Storm Eagle for my Dark Angels (when I noticed that the price was actually less than the Thunderbolt).... mmm... flying land raider... oh sorry heh.

Having alot of anti-air firepower for the other armies is nice, what with all the standard GW fliers and the armies that are still missing theirs. Eldar fliers... all I gotta say is... wow, just wow. Nimble and good luck actually hurting one without something that blatantly ignores cover saves. Deffinately, for them, a case of quality over quantity.

Now, if only I could con our local eldar and tau players into picking up some fliers of their own!