PDA

View Full Version : finecast count

dusk1983
04-08-2012, 03:01
Hey all. Bored out of my brain at work and decided to count how many conversions to finecast in each army and compare.

I know ANYONE can do this, but if anyone was interested and couldnt be bothered taking the time to count then this thread is for you. (I'm hoping that current finecast count can help to judge what might be released next, but GW are anything but predictable)

Beastmen 3
2 hq 1 rare

Brettonia 2
w hq

Daemons of Chaos (including stuff released today if any FC) 17
10 HQ 1 Core 2 Special 4 rare

Dark Elves 16
5 HQ 1 core 7 special 2 rare

Dwarves 9
6 HQ 2 special 1 rare

High Elves 3 (one of the armies most in need of finecast because of so much metal-hopefully plastic releases soon at this number?)
3 Hq

Lizardmen 15
9 HQ 4 special 2 rare

Ogre Kingdoms 18
9 HQ 1 core 7 special 1 rare

Orc and goblins 22
11 HQ 7 special 4 rare

Skaven 5
3 hq 1 core 1 special 1 rare

Empire 26 (our winner)
HQ 25 1 rare

Tomb Kings 14
14 HQ 4 special 3 rare

Vampire Counts 22
16 HQ 3 special 2 rare

Warriors of chaos 6
4 HQ 2 rare

Wood Elves 5
4 HQ 1 special

As well as looking at finecast one would probably have to look at how many of the remaining models are still in metal as well I imagine, but Im about to finish work so if anyone gives a hoot, i might have a look next time Im bored out of my skull.

As much as I love my woodies, if i had to hazard a guess I would probably say as far as the models go, High Elves are most in need of some model updates just to lower the amount of metal one has to buy and work with.

AlphariusOmegon20
04-08-2012, 04:59
I'd argue that Bretonnia needs it more than High Elves do at this point, between Grail Knights, Questing Knights, the Grail Reliquae, Battle Pilgrims, Mounted Yeomen, the Trebuchet, and damn near every character model other than Louen and the Green Knight.

All the High Elves have left that isn't plastic or Finecast already is their character models, Swordmasters, Ellyrian Reaver ( Though these two could be argued as plastic thanks to IoB), Shadow Warriors, and Eagles. That's not that much.

dusk1983
14-08-2012, 01:42
I'd argue that Bretonnia needs it more than High Elves do at this point, between Grail Knights, Questing Knights, the Grail Reliquae, Battle Pilgrims, Mounted Yeomen, the Trebuchet, and damn near every character model other than Louen and the Green Knight.

All the High Elves have left that isn't plastic or Finecast already is their character models, Swordmasters, Ellyrian Reaver ( Though these two could be argued as plastic thanks to IoB), Shadow Warriors, and Eagles. That's not that much.

Heh just noticed that shadow warriors and swordmasters are in advance order now, so you were right. Brettonian models need a lot more loving than finecast conversions though. Theyre models are old ugly and outdated imo