PDA

View Full Version : Ork Boar Boyz (and Black Orks)

Elessar Telcontar
04-08-2012, 17:59
Hi
I've recently started an O&G army that I've played with one time. It included 9 Boar Boyz with an Ork Warlord. It was a very expensive unit, but it was definitely worth it.
1) What do you think is the most effective way to field 1-2 units of Boar Boyz?
2) I'm going to play with some Black Orks & Grimgor. Currently I'm thinking of buying 10 GW Black Orks and 20 Manticgames Morax Orks. Is there any alternate Black Orks that look okay and are not as pricy as GW's?

Further than that, I hereby dedicate this thread to the discussion of Boar Boyz of any kind!

russellmoo
05-08-2012, 06:23
Here are three possible uses and views as to how to use boar boyz-

1- Warmachine hunter upgrade/support unit- you take a unit of five boar boyz and use them to hunt tougher warmachines- this works well in an environment where you are seeing a lot of dwarf warmachines where you need the extra punch to get the job done, some players also prefer to use a unit like this rather than a chariot to help flank and win combat-

2- Warboss delivery system- take 6-11 boar boyz and use them to help deliver your warboss into combat- calling WAAAGGGHHH!!!

3- The boar horde- take a unit of around 30 savage orc boar boyz (you can even make them big unz), standard, BSB, shaman, shrunken head, this really high point cost unit can pack a very hard punch

immortal git
06-08-2012, 22:11
I don't think a horde of savage boar boys will do you any good. Warboss delivery system works well however.

10 savage orc boar boyz.
Big uns
Spears
Sheilds
Command
Warbanner

Great shaman and your warboss in their.

Warboss can push out 8 attacks a turn and do real damage when combined with spells like 'ere we go'

Elessar Telcontar
08-08-2012, 12:58
Thank you both for answering.

Malorian
08-08-2012, 14:36
Black orcs can be converted from normal orcs.

According to the rules black orcs have heavy armor and a bunch of choppas, while the GW models seem to have full plate and only one kind of choppa.

So if you take normal orcs and add on the extra shoulder pad bitz, plus maybe some metal jaw bitz or something, and then give them a bunch of choppas (making sure to have a good number fo great weapons in there), then that would be more WYSIWYG than the actual GW ones.

Elessar Telcontar
09-08-2012, 08:25
Black orcs can be converted from normal orcs.

According to the rules black orcs have heavy armor and a bunch of choppas, while the GW models seem to have full plate and only one kind of choppa.

So if you take normal orcs and add on the extra shoulder pad bitz, plus maybe some metal jaw bitz or something, and then give them a bunch of choppas (making sure to have a good number fo great weapons in there), then that would be more WYSIWYG than the actual GW ones.

That's a great idea, I'll try that!